Character Creation

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Creation

#21 Post by mithrandir138 »

Vargr1105 wrote: I just realized in BD&D Moldvay/Cook the type of armor you are wearing limits your maximum Movement Rate regardless of total carried weight. Reminds me of AD&D1e/OSRIC.
You're right, I totally forgot about that. I better go fix that on my sheet.

riftstone
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by riftstone »

mithrandir138 wrote:
Alethan wrote:
riftstone wrote: Yeah, I was hoping thats his spellbook....
lol.

Sure! 90 blank pages! :D
Don't open it! It's booby trapped with Cloud of a Million Papercuts (Targeting eyes, nose, and mouth.) <- I think that's from Hackmaster, IIRC

Nice!

Also, thanks for the post, Alethan, about creating the link to your character in your sig. I would've been lost.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by Alethan »

riftstone wrote: Nice!

Also, thanks for the post, Alethan, about creating the link to your character in your sig. I would've been lost.

Glad you found it helpful, good sir!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by max_vale »

Mr. DM and Vargr....I was kinda hoping to play a Cleric; but with a DEX of 16; Thief is the best bet. If you two agree/want to.....want to switch stats Vargr?

If not, no worries....I've always liked Thieves...though low-level ones in BECMI are usually just back-rank missile troops and Wall-Climbers! (Which I am TOTALLY okay with being! :) )

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Dogma »

I have no problem with you guys swapping stats. assuming you both want to...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by Alethan »

Done with my character generation. Posted for your approval, Dogma.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Vargr1105 »

max_vale wrote:Mr. DM and Vargr....I was kinda hoping to play a Cleric; but with a DEX of 16; Thief is the best bet. If you two agree/want to.....want to switch stats Vargr?
A thief afflicted by consumption? I don't know...and I already completed my character, background and all.

Tell you what Max, you finish you thief and when the final product is done get back to me. Then we'll see if a PC trade can be done.

riftstone
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by riftstone »

Dogma,

How did you want to do spell selection for Magic-users and Elves?

Rift

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Dogma »

riftstone wrote:Dogma,

How did you want to do spell selection for Magic-users and Elves?

Rift
Player's choice. You only get one so choose wisely :D

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by max_vale »

Hey Dogma;

Since Vargr already went and rolled up a character; I'll stick with my stats and stick to the Cleric idea; he'll just be a very scrawny; very quick-fingered Cleric! :) Thanks though!
-Max

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Vargr1105 »

That pairs off quite nicely with my fat, bumbling cleric. We got ourselves the Clerical Un-Dynamic Duo! :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#33 Post by Alethan »

thirdkingdom wrote:How'd you guys do those kick-ass character sheets -- the ones with the tabs and whatnot?
If someone not on an iPad can't get to this before tonight, 3k, I'll instruct when I get onto a pc.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Vargr1105 »

thirdkingdom wrote:How'd you guys do those kick-ass character sheets -- the ones with the tabs and whatnot?
Using the Unseen Servant Dice Roller (link on the upper right corner of every forum page).

You have to create an account there, then you can roll up or make characters you associate with a campaign via a the Campaign ID number.

When a US character sheet is done it gives you a code you can post on a thread. The result is the kick-ass sheets with the tabs and whatnot you see on the characters thread. :)

From then on, any change you make to the character sheet on the US Dice Roller automatically updates on the thread where you posted the code.

You can also create Dice Macros for each character, saving you the trouble of writing down common dice rolls every time you want to do them (attacks, damage, saves, etc)

The US Dice Roller has a guide which will teach you how to do all that nifty stuff. Any doubts just ask away.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by Alethan »

I believe all except 2-handed ones.

Clubs and hand axes galore!

I picked a sword because the drawing I used had one, if I'm to be completely honest...

riftstone
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by riftstone »

thirdkingdom wrote:I would like to purchase a mule but cannot find it on the equipment list. How much would one cost?
There is a mule in the Expert rules - it is 30gp. Not sure if we are using those rules though.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Dogma »

Mushgnome wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:I would like to purchase a mule but cannot find it on the equipment list. How much would one cost?
Having owned this module back in the day (but never got a chance to play until now) I can give you a hint that
it's camels, not mules, in these parts
If you want to buy a mule I say go for it. 30gp. You were travelling with a caravan after all. Though camels were probably the preferred mode of travel I can see where a mule wouldn't be completely out of place.

I'm thinking it would be good if everyone could write a short sentence or two as to why they were travelling with the caravan, be it guard, pilgrim, etc. If you haven't already in your background.

Also. magic users and Elves can have ReadMagic in their spell books in addition to one other first level spell, but can only memorize one at a time.

Return to “B4 - The Lost City”