General/OOC

Faanku
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

Re: General/OOC

#361 Post by Faanku »

Faanku wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:20 pmThe Trade Tables thread has been updated, Odo got lucky and found some of Mejo's most valuable trade goods.
If you wish to go ahead with one of these deals first roll 1d10 for Trouble, then your 3d6 to see what price you can buy them at. Your Expertise is 2 (Trade-1 and Cha +1), and friction will be revealed afterwards.
Still waiting on these rolls from Odo, unsure if you missed them.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#362 Post by Enoch »

I think I got confused as to the active thread and posted in Session 2 a while back:
Enoch wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm Odo stands, wiping the corners of his mouth with his napkin before discarding it next to his soup. "Well, gentlemen, we've got a lot of work ahead of us. Silas, thank you for this dinner.
I'm going to hit up the market terminals and see what cargo is available. That might help us make a decision on next steps."

He proceeds to do just that, heading to the nearest large market and discussing what cargos are available and searching for deals.

I'd like to roll on the Trading Table to see what's available:
Trade Table: [1d10]=6[1d10]=3
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#363 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 pm I think I got confused as to the active thread and posted in Session 2 a while back:
Enoch wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm Odo stands, wiping the corners of his mouth with his napkin before discarding it next to his soup. "Well, gentlemen, we've got a lot of work ahead of us. Silas, thank you for this dinner.
I'm going to hit up the market terminals and see what cargo is available. That might help us make a decision on next steps."

He proceeds to do just that, heading to the nearest large market and discussing what cargos are available and searching for deals.

I'd like to roll on the Trading Table to see what's available:
Trade Table: [1d10]=6[1d10]=3
This was in response to that. You've located some trade goods (in this case the drugs and the first aid kits) and now need to pick one to go for, then roll your Expertise and Trouble rolls to see how much you can get each unit for.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#364 Post by Enoch »

Well, crap. I'm sorry; I was sure I was on top of things.

Trouble: [1d10]=8, Trouble Event: [1d6]=6

Price: [3d6-2]=9-2=7

That doesn't account for any cost increase/decrease based on trade tags.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#365 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:07 am Well, crap. I'm sorry; I was sure I was on top of things.

Trouble: [1d10]=8, Trouble Event: [1d6]=6

Price: [3d6-2]=9-2=7

That doesn't account for any cost increase/decrease based on trade tags.
No worries! You have to say which trade good you're going for before you roll, but I think you said IC you wanted the first aid kits?

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#366 Post by Enoch »

Yes. We have enough cargo space to spend any or all of our available funds on either, and first aid kits aren't illegal!

I just want to make sure I'm understanding the math correctly: a roll of 7 should get me -30% to cost, and I don't think any of the trade tags match (so no change there). I assume there's some other factor that we're not aware of bumping the cost back up some? (Either way it seems like a good deal.)

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#367 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:44 pm Yes. We have enough cargo space to spend any or all of our available funds on either, and first aid kits aren't illegal!

I just want to make sure I'm understanding the math correctly: a roll of 7 should get me -30% to cost, and I don't think any of the trade tags match (so no change there). I assume there's some other factor that we're not aware of bumping the cost back up some? (Either way it seems like a good deal.)
Yeah, the final difference was Friction, which you now know to be 2 on Mejo (unless something changes). You also know that Mejo's Trouble roll is less than 4.
The trade tables have been updated with your new knowledge.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#368 Post by Enoch »

Totally forgot about Friction. Thanks!

EDIT: does the 3d6 on the Sales Chart count as a skill check for the purpose of Diplomat-1 ("Reroll all 1s on skill check tests related to negotiation or diplomacy")? By the rules it's not really a skill check, but I do use my Charisma and Trade for it, so I thought I'd ask.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#369 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:20 pm Totally forgot about Friction. Thanks!

EDIT: does the 3d6 on the Sales Chart count as a skill check for the purpose of Diplomat-1 ("Reroll all 1s on skill check tests related to negotiation or diplomacy")? By the rules it's not really a skill check, but I do use my Charisma and Trade for it, so I thought I'd ask.
I did consider this, but after asking a few people who had run with Suns of Gold before I decided against it.
Vyrner's silver tongue will come up on his trade runs though.

I have a few ideas for the next adventure, but it will mostly depend on which planet you intend to visit next. I know there was talk of returning to Kakimedes, as well as Pavvis I believe. Is anywhere else a consideration or can I narrow down my planning for now? Don't feel like you need to commit here.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Marullus »

Daphion is still on the table, but secondary to Odo's two initial trade run picks above. Also, whatever hooks we get from Vasquez will influence.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#371 Post by Enoch »

I figured as much. RAW is pretty clear: skill tests are always 2d6, so the trade table could not be a skill check. I'd be more disappointed if the Focus was named something like Master Trader.

I am currently expecting to return to Kakimides, as the civil war there generates lots of demand for medical supplies (favorable trade table), and several PCs have goals that can be advanced there. If anyone wants to make other suggestions, please do.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#372 Post by Faanku »

Sorry for the wait, things have been busy here.
I'll try and update this week.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#373 Post by Faanku »

Marullus wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:35 am So... what should I roll? This was kind of a MacGuffin before now and I don't know where I can take this.
It still is, I was leaving it entirely up to you how you want to proceed.
I can lay down something more concrete if you prefer, I was going to shamelessly steal the plot to Knight of the Old Republic and have the macguffins act as our maps to the Star Forge, but you can go in another direction if you please!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Marullus »

Oh, okay.

I was floundering - all I knew is that I established the painting had a map, she swiped it out from under me before I ever got to study it, and now she's presenting it back to me and asking me about its contents without a chance to study. That's why I was just bailing on the scene to go study it and Odo reacted by convincing her to share what she knows.

If I have discretion, how about:
  • Given Odo's awesome roll, she tells what Lucia already learned.
  • You tell me the roll for me to learn new things from the painting myself and I do it here. (Including bonus lore from use of Void Flow Scan, which reveals what only a full wizard could learn from it.) Hopefully, Damian gets to show off that he has superior knowledge. :)
  • Given Odo's expenditure of his ability for downtime on this scene to ingratiate her, she also shares what she has on the other map and pays/provisions us to follow the next clue, becoming an additional benefactor.
I'm fine if we're on an iterative quest to put together the knowledge of the paintings, but I'm hoping for you to define that knowledge as a bigger picture and do the reveals here. :)

My expectation is that this "Star Forge" falls int othe newly-adopted Sanctum rules as a kick-ass facility/workshop.
Damian also assumes that Lucia is an imposter and that he is the only true practitioner, rediscovering things by self-study. His realization that there's other people out there who can do what he does is a major plot advancement.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#375 Post by Faanku »

Marullus wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:57 pm Oh, okay.

I was floundering - all I knew is that I established the painting had a map, she swiped it out from under me before I ever got to study it, and now she's presenting it back to me and asking me about its contents without a chance to study. That's why I was just bailing on the scene to go study it and Odo reacted by convincing her to share what she knows.

If I have discretion, how about:
  • Given Odo's awesome roll, she tells what Lucia already learned.
  • You tell me the roll for me to learn new things from the painting myself and I do it here. (Including bonus lore from use of Void Flow Scan, which reveals what only a full wizard could learn from it.) Hopefully, Damian gets to show off that he has superior knowledge. :)
  • Given Odo's expenditure of his ability for downtime on this scene to ingratiate her, she also shares what she has on the other map and pays/provisions us to follow the next clue, becoming an additional benefactor.
I'm fine if we're on an iterative quest to put together the knowledge of the paintings, but I'm hoping for you to define that knowledge as a bigger picture and do the reveals here. :)

My expectation is that this "Star Forge" falls int othe newly-adopted Sanctum rules as a kick-ass facility/workshop.
Damian also assumes that Lucia is an imposter and that he is the only true practitioner, rediscovering things by self-study. His realization that there's other people out there who can do what he does is a major plot advancement.
I'm thinking you can Research the existing map pieces to discern new coordinates as a downtime action, perhaps even as part of your regular Research. What do you think?
And yes, Odo nailed that roll so much that Isabella is now interested in him perhaps more than Damian! She can offer you the location of the existing piece she knows of as well, if you wish.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Marullus »

So sorry for the delay!

Let me know what rolls or process you want for downtime Discovery. He will perform study including use of Void Flow Scan, which reveals what only a full wizard could learn from it.

Up to Enoch if Odo uses the final scene to get any investment / benefit from Isabella before we depart... our whole payoff got us less than 1 ton of medical cargo for our trip back to Kakemedes... the heiress of the universe's leading biotechnology company could enhance those prospects...

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#377 Post by Faanku »

Marullus wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:33 am
No worries, I think everyone including myself let things get away from them for the last couple of weeks.
Hopefully we can get back on track when everyone's ready to leave Mejo.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:33 amLet me know what rolls or process you want for downtime Discovery. He will perform study including use of Void Flow Scan, which reveals what only a full wizard could learn from it.
Welcome back, Faanku! :D

Are they any rolls you want me to do for researching the painting?

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#379 Post by Faanku »

Marullus wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:34 am
Marullus wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:33 amLet me know what rolls or process you want for downtime Discovery. He will perform study including use of Void Flow Scan, which reveals what only a full wizard could learn from it.
Welcome back, Faanku! :D

Are they any rolls you want me to do for researching the painting?
No, we can say your successful research roll this downtime incorporates finding a few leads on the painting (which we will expand on next time, gives me a nice hook for the mission after this one ;))

Spykee
Runner
Runner

#380 Post by Spykee »

That's a relief, I was worried this had gone belly up for a little while there.
While Greysons waiting for some action, can he be tinkering with his rifle?

Return to “A Return to Form (SWN:Revised)”