Night of the Walking Dead P.C Creation

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Night of the Walking Dead P.C Creation

#21 Post by tarlyn »

Nah it is all good.

Some DM'S don't mind showing off the p.c sheets on the forums, I am of the mind that it is like tabletop, so

only the player and the DM see the p.c sheet :)
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Lazzdar wrote:Cool, thanks. I'm new to these forums.
do you have an account on the Unseen Servant dice roller site?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

Using the sheet on the dice roller is the easiest way for sure.

As far as sheets go we have always showed them around playing face to face too.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#24 Post by Scott308 »

Most of the time when I've played in face to face games, people have generally not been unwilling to let others see their characters. Occasionally, a player will hand their sheet to someone else to ask advice or if a roll needs to be made when the player is in the restroom or otherwise temporarily unavailable, someone else grabs their sheet and looks to see what they need to roll. Granted, there is typically not the same access to someone else's character sheet that is allowed here when the sheets are posted on the Servant. I have played in other games where we have not seen the other character sheets, so this is not unique.

I see the players having access to other character sheets like this: if you are travelling together for a period of time, all day everyday, in combat and other stressful situations, you will get to know most details pretty quickly. You can always have the DM set up a private forum for you if you have details (such as backstory) that would be unlikely for the others to learn, or that you want kept secret. I kind of like having the ability to see other sheets, especially in a bigger party, if for no other reason than to try to avoid duplicating things- abilities, skills, spells, etc. Having said all that, I am perfectly fine with keeping the sheets private.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by tarlyn »

Scott308 wrote:Most of the time when I've played in face to face games, people have generally not been unwilling to let others see their characters. Occasionally, a player will hand their sheet to someone else to ask advice or if a roll needs to be made when the player is in the restroom or otherwise temporarily unavailable, someone else grabs their sheet and looks to see what they need to roll. Granted, there is typically not the same access to someone else's character sheet that is allowed here when the sheets are posted on the Servant. I have played in other games where we have not seen the other character sheets, so this is not unique.

I see the players having access to other character sheets like this: if you are travelling together for a period of time, all day everyday, in combat and other stressful situations, you will get to know most details pretty quickly. You can always have the DM set up a private forum for you if you have details (such as backstory) that would be unlikely for the others to learn, or that you want kept secret. I kind of like having the ability to see other sheets, especially in a bigger party, if for no other reason than to try to avoid duplicating things- abilities, skills, spells, etc. Having said all that, I am perfectly fine with keeping the sheets private.

That is very true

Howeveeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr with Dark Powers Checks, Madness, Fear and Horror I prefer to have sheets private

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bah clearly we all had different experiences in FtF or Tabletop versions of this grand game. Sheets were only private for me if we wanted them to be sometimes just to mess with other players I'd show my sheet to the DM and one other person but not everyone. :P
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#27 Post by Lazzdar »

We never really looked at other's sheets much. But I think the availability was there. Unless someone specifically wanted to keep it private. On my PBP I treat the character sheets as private. ANything to be shared would be revealed in RP.

You can see my setup here...

https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=128
"If you say you're going crazy, then you must be perfectly sane. For a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."

"Hmmm, a new toy. Drop it in the glacier and we'll watch it die for a few years." ~Baron Molikroth, Lord of the Eighth

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#28 Post by Lazzdar »

shaidar wrote:
Lazzdar wrote:Cool, thanks. I'm new to these forums.
do you have an account on the Unseen Servant dice roller site?
Yeah I made an account last night. Was trying to work out my character then, but I kept falling asleep. lol Will get it set up today. I'm going to go with some sort of thief or thief variant.
"If you say you're going crazy, then you must be perfectly sane. For a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."

"Hmmm, a new toy. Drop it in the glacier and we'll watch it die for a few years." ~Baron Molikroth, Lord of the Eighth

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#29 Post by Lazzdar »

Was having some issues at first figuring this out...but I think I'm getting it so far.

Stats: CHR:13, WIS:7, DEX:18, INT:10, STR:16, CON:16

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by tarlyn »

So... having read the module, also with my input to it(The module is fairly short tbh) .... you can make your p.c's

Level 3. Roll for HP for level 2 and 3. 1's and 2's get rerolled.

Make place for 3 types of Saving Throws on your sheets.

Madness, Horror and Fear. ( a Dm's friend :P)

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#31 Post by Lazzdar »

tarlyn wrote:So... having read the module, also with my input to it(The module is fairly short tbh) .... you can make your p.c's

Done and done.

And do we get a bonus to starting money since we're now lvl 3, also do we have access to things like silver weapons for purchase?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by tarlyn »

Lazzdar wrote:
tarlyn wrote:So... having read the module, also with my input to it(The module is fairly short tbh) .... you can make your p.c's

Done and done.

And do we get a bonus to starting money since we're now lvl 3, also do we have access to things like silver weapons for purchase?

You can all have a +1 item. Up to you what it is

Yes add 200 gp.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Updated to 3rd level

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll update mine later. Gotta head off to work here shortly.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#35 Post by Scott308 »

For languages- do we know the number of languages based on our INT score or do we take them as NWPs? For that matter, are we even using Proficiencies?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rex »

I assumed we were using them, if I ma wrong they are easy enough to delete.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by tarlyn »

Scott308 wrote:For languages- do we know the number of languages based on our INT score or do we take them as NWPs? For that matter, are we even using Proficiencies?
You know a number of languages = to your INT bonus.

We are using proficiencies. Don't forget that the more languages you have, the less NWP you will have.

GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tarlyn wrote:
Scott308 wrote:For languages- do we know the number of languages based on our INT score or do we take them as NWPs? For that matter, are we even using Proficiencies?
You know a number of languages = to your INT bonus.

We are using proficiencies. Don't forget that the more languages you have, the less NWP you will have.
That is why i have only 2 languages ;)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by shaidar »

I went for proficiencies all the way.

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#40 Post by Lazzdar »

I think most people usually do. lol

Return to “Ravenloft (2e)”