Night of the Walking Dead

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Night of the Walking Dead

#261 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

Sounds like a good plan.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#262 Post by Lazzdar »

Tango listens to the dwarf with concern. "What caused the demise of his son?"
"If you say you're going crazy, then you must be perfectly sane. For a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."

"Hmmm, a new toy. Drop it in the glacier and we'll watch it die for a few years." ~Baron Molikroth, Lord of the Eighth

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#263 Post by tarlyn »

Lazzdar wrote:Tango listens to the dwarf with concern. "What caused the demise of his son?"
"I don' rightly know"' comes the reply from the dwarf. "Yer needin to be askin tha family bout that, not I."

Once everyone is outside, you all depart for the Cemeteries. Very little traffic greets you on the road as you head

over there. The sky is grey with clouds and the humidity bites you through your clothing and/or armor.

At the top of the hill is the new cemetery. It is surrounded by a tall cement wall. It is open to the public. Upon entering

you can see that you can walk freely among the "dead". As you walk around you notice that the dead are interred above

ground due to the high water table of the island. The cemetery holds several new vaults and mausoleums which provide

affordable for the residents of the island.

The vaults containing the recently deceased are locked.

Actions?
Last edited by tarlyn on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Rex »

Atar

Atar will look around, particularly for any evidence of animated dead or the undead.

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#265 Post by Lazzdar »

Tango will wander around glancing at any information (names, etc.) on nearby plots. He'll not wander off too far from the group always remaining within sight.
"If you say you're going crazy, then you must be perfectly sane. For a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."

"Hmmm, a new toy. Drop it in the glacier and we'll watch it die for a few years." ~Baron Molikroth, Lord of the Eighth

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#266 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt considers the strangeness of the area. "Now it was indicated the dead walk but only at night so we should be safe until dark...i hope."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#267 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

If the dead are walking, we should check to see if any mausoleums appear to be unlocked. If they had been interred here, they would need some way to get out- unlocked or broken door, damage to a wall...something along those lines. We should look for anything that seems unusual.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Rex »

Atar

"Excellent idea, we should definitely see if any can be opened."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by shaidar »

Loretta helps check the mausoleums.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#270 Post by tarlyn »

Looking around a bit you do not notice much. Footprints here and here, but you do not know the traffic

in this cemetery so do not know if it is normal or not.

A gentleman approaches you from a building near the back of the cemetery and greets you as he approaches.

"Bonjour! Ow might I be of assistance to you gentlemen?"
Attachments
Pierrot - Souragne.JPG
Pierrot - Souragne.JPG (21.69 KiB) Viewed 1384 times

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by shaidar »

Loretta raises an eyebrow Gentlemen?. We've heard concerns there might be some undead roaming around town. The most obvious place to check first is the cemetery. Have you had anything odd happening? Strangers hanging around, signs of attempted entry to the tombs?"

She takes on the tone of voice she used to use as a guard when she was on official business.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Rex »

Atar

Atar will listen as Loretta questions the gentleman and continue his examination of the mausoleums.

Scott308

#273 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

Anything out of the ordinary, no matter how unimportant you might feel it is, could be important.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#274 Post by tarlyn »

Oui, Oui messieurs et dames. Excusez me if I offended ze ladies, un huh? I am not accustomed to a lady

asking questions or being inquisitive here. So, no,nothing out of l'ordinaire. But I haff been telled of the

undead walking around the old cemetery at night. I take that viss a grain of salt. Trop bizarre for me, or even

real to be perfectly honest.

Rumors or town tidbits tend to be false in general. This is mon opinion, mais oui!"

Scott308

#275 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

But you yourself have not seen anything unusual, correct? Any damage to the crypts, finding things unlocked unexpectedly?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#276 Post by tarlyn »

Scott308 wrote:Sylvar Tragwyn

But you yourself have not seen anything unusual, correct? Any damage to the crypts, finding things unlocked unexpectedly?
He appears pensive, frowning.

Replying, he adds

"Not in ze new cemetery, m'sieur. I don' not going in ze old one too often you see. I goes in zere once every two months. I am verify tomorrow ze old cemetery.

You are much welcome to join me if you like,"
he looks at you all as he says that.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by Rex »

Atar

"Where is the old cemetery? I would like to visit it today if possible."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#278 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "Sure so long as we are not there when nightfall comes."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Rex »

Atar

"Perhaps night is exactly when we should be there? Let the fire purify any undead we encounter."

Scott308

#280 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

Old cemetery, you say? Where is this other cemetery located, sir? I think that we should take a look right now, with the possibility of returning tonight. An older cemetery seems far more likely to be the source of any problems. This cemetery is very well maintained, and any undead activity would be likely noticed quickly.

Return to “Ravenloft (2e)”