Night of the Walking Dead

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

Re: Night of the Walking Dead

#201 Post by Lazzdar »

At mention of the rotting meat, Tango looks unsurely at his food. He then shrugs, and commences eating listening to the conversations.
"If you say you're going crazy, then you must be perfectly sane. For a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."

"Hmmm, a new toy. Drop it in the glacier and we'll watch it die for a few years." ~Baron Molikroth, Lord of the Eighth

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#202 Post by tarlyn »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Fendt listening wonders hmm hope the fellow wasn't eating the gumbo when he croaked. "That is strange and terrible. I appreciate the advice, I will heed that warning and be sure to lock my door. Anyone ever figure out what caused the odor and where it was coming from? Or even what caused the mysterious death?" he says then goes back to eating the gumbo.
Kata replies back "No,dey have not m'sieur" when she comes back with their food.
Scott308 wrote:Sylvar Tragwyn

That is most unfortunate! Have there been any other unexplainable deaths in the area? Or smelled this rotten meat smell? On a potentially unrelated note, has anyone seen Luc's brother, Marcel, recently?
She seems unsure about that and says as much. "Je ne sais pas, m'sieur, I don' knowin' dat. I on'y stay 'ere and when not workin' I keeps to meself."

Presently there is only one other patron in the Inn. He sits by himself at a table, quiet. He pays you no heed.

A bald man enters the Inn and stops when he spies Luc. He walks over to the strange young man. "Messieur Luc! Are you a'right?"

He turns to you all even as Luc replies the same twisted verse he recited earlier.

"Bonjour, je suis father Brucian, I am Father Brucian. Might I be askin' what you be doin' wit' Messieur Luc?"
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#203 Post by Lazzdar »

Tango watches the exchange curiously, all the while stuffing his mouth. He studies the lone patron for a minute attempting to catch anything out of the ordinary with him.
"If you say you're going crazy, then you must be perfectly sane. For a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."

"Hmmm, a new toy. Drop it in the glacier and we'll watch it die for a few years." ~Baron Molikroth, Lord of the Eighth

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#204 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

We were travelling through the swamp when we came upon his hut. We found him inside, babbling to himself. He didn't really have much interest in anything we did, but he followed us when we left. Now, we are looking for his brother so we may turn him over. Do you, perchance, happen to know where we might be able to find him?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Rex »

Atar

"Or any information on why he may be like this, we are trying to help him."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#206 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "Well that is sad to hear. Thank you for the information and the food." the half elf hands a silver piece to Kata.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#207 Post by tarlyn »

Lazzdar wrote:Tango watches the exchange curiously, all the while stuffing his mouth. He studies the lone patron for a minute attempting to catch anything out of the ordinary with him.
Tango notices nothing out of the ordinary with the patron.

We were travelling through the swamp when we came upon his hut. We found him inside, babbling to himself. He didn't really have much interest in anything we did, but he followed us when we left. Now, we are looking for his brother so we may turn him over. Do you, perchance, happen to know where we might be able to find him?
Kata turns to the elf "M'sieur, I does not know. 'E is the proprietor of the plantation. I does not travel dere

nor does me havin' no desire to be goin' dere."

Rex wrote:Atar

"Or any information on why he may be like this, we are trying to help him."
Father Brucian has taken a seat next to Luc. Turning to Atar he replies 'E be a lost one, M'sieur, lost one of de village, sadly."

Scott308

#208 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

Plantation? His brother is proprietor of a plantation somewhere hereabouts? Could you tell us how we can find this plantation, them?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#209 Post by tarlyn »

Plantation? His brother is proprietor of a plantation somewhere hereabouts? Could you tell us how we can find this plantation, them?

The owner is walking by when he overhears Sylvar.

"Just take de main road tru' da village an ye can' be missin' it, M'sieur", comes his reply.

Father Brucian tends to Luc, not paying attention. He stands, and Luc rises as well.

"I be returnin' him to him's home in de swamp now. Twer' interestin' to meet ye all. I shall be seein' ye aroun'."

He leads Luc out of the Inn.

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#210 Post by Lazzdar »

Tango finishes his meal wiping his face off neatly with a napkin. Finally speaking up, "Maybe we should make our way over to that plantation. Maybe along that route we can visit some of the local businesses. Ask some questions?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by shaidar »

Loetta enjoys the hot food and good drink. At Tango's suggestion she nods "Good idea, let's find out what's going on"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by Rex »

Atar

"A good idea, Lets see what they can tell us. It seems something is going on here and no one is doing anything about it."

Scott308

#213 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

I concur. I was interested in speaking with the plantation owner about his brother anyway. Granted, that was when we had Luc following us, but it still seems like as good a place to start as any other.

GreyWolfVT

#214 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "Hmm well yes talking to the plantation owner's brother is a good plan but how about we ask others in town about the plantation maybe we can find some that work or used to work there and find out what they know first? I'd like to also figure out if we can ask around about that smell that was mentioned just before the fellow died. Maybe we can figure out the source."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Lazzdar
Scout
Scout

#215 Post by Lazzdar »

What time is it? Are we due for a rest? Or are we able to go walk about?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#216 Post by tarlyn »

Just after supper, say 7 pm.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Rex »

Atar

Asking the innkeep, "Can we make it to the plantation and back before dark?"

Scott308

#218 Post by Scott308 »

Sylvar Tragwyn

Given the time, perhaps it would be best if we enjoy a fine meal and get a good night's sleep. We can head out in the morning, allowing us plenty of time to get to the plantation and speak with anyone from whom we feel we could gain useful information.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#219 Post by Rex »

Atar

"That sounds like a fine plan indeed." turning to the barkeep "How much for a room for the night?"

GreyWolfVT

#220 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "Yes I agree we should wait until morning after breakfast to do our investigating. After all I could use some good rest for once out of the wet and cold."

Return to “Ravenloft (2e)”