OOC Open Table Chat I

Lordbridge
Strider
Strider

Re: OOC Open Table Chat I

#41 Post by Lordbridge »

Be advised, Nimbus will be good at giving advice (from the rear) and otherwise useless (the joys of an old school level 1 caster).

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#42 Post by jason.connerley »

If I get a break today I'll roll my stats at least, I'd like to do a fighter but we'll see how it goes...

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by VonAlric »

Great to have Aron, Jason, and John (soon) in here. Glad you guys could join us and help get this fun adventure (it is going to be fun, right Koren?) out of the starting blocks.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

VonAlric wrote:Great to have Aron, Jason, and John (soon) in here. Glad you guys could join us and help get this fun adventure (it is going to be fun, right Koren?) out of the starting blocks.
I mean... I HOPE so!

reddicediaries
Squire
Squire

#45 Post by reddicediaries »

Koren n'Rhys wrote: You can rename your character, so no worries there. It's editable in the character sheet view, or on your character list. Low CON is too bad, but otherwise not bad at all. A couple of nice rolls there.
(I'm going to see if I have the permissions to move this to the Character Creation thread)
Unfortunately my character doesn't show on my character list for some reason.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by VonAlric »

reddicediaries wrote:
Koren n'Rhys wrote: You can rename your character, so no worries there. It's editable in the character sheet view, or on your character list. Low CON is too bad, but otherwise not bad at all. A couple of nice rolls there.
(I'm going to see if I have the permissions to move this to the Character Creation thread)
Unfortunately my character doesn't show on my character list for some reason.
Possible that you archived him by accident?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Maybe - I didn't think of that. I posted in Help & Support so the admins can take a look too.

aronbc
Runner
Runner

#48 Post by aronbc »

Ok my character is up! Are we using variable damage? Does Str mod thrown weapon damage?
Sharing creative content @ https://onthetabletop.blog/

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

aronbc wrote:Ok my character is up! Are we using variable damage? Does Str mod thrown weapon damage?
I'll look him over, thanks. Yes, variable weapon damage. To me, d6 only is more of an OD&D thing. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone run or play BX without using variable damage actually. Str mod to thrown... I'm going to say no. I re checked and I'm not seeing it in BX. Let's keep things simple.

EDIT: He looks good, you're all set. A couple comments - it's Traladaran, not Talderan, and for your specialization with the spear, I did say that its weapon groups, so let's say that will apply to javelins and lances too.

aronbc
Runner
Runner

#50 Post by aronbc »

Sounds good to me. I’m never going to be able to spell Traladaran consistently so I’ll just stay away from complex words.

aronbc
Runner
Runner

#51 Post by aronbc »

What’s our status? Are there guidelines for frequency of posting? Might have overlooked that.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Hey Aron. Just waiting on the last PC. I'll check in with John today. Ended up a busier weekend than I'd expected and I got slammed at work yesterday. We'll be starting in the next day or two. Hopefully today, even if the last character isn't quite ready.
I'm hoping for 1-2 posts a day if possible. Just a couple sentences to keep things moving is all I'm looking for. I know in the past, I've fallen prey to the idea my posts had to have more "meat" to them and then I didn't keep things moving. I think short and more frequent is key to keeping a pbp alive.

aronbc
Runner
Runner

#53 Post by aronbc »

Sounds good - do we use a caller model?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

No need with such a small group. Plus as a pbp, there's plenty of time for everyone to respond on their own. If there is ever any confusion on order of actions, party intent or whatever, I'll clarify that before moving ahead. To start, I'm going to have everyone roll their own dice as well. If that proves too slow during combat, I may change to just getting intentions from everyone and handling all dice rolls on my side, but we'll give it a shot for now.

Our other potential player, reddicediaries, has had to bow out due to lack of time - for now at least. So, I'll get the initial post up by end of day today. Game on!

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by VonAlric »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:I'm hoping for 1-2 posts a day if possible. Just a couple sentences to keep things moving is all I'm looking for. I know in the past, I've fallen prey to the idea my posts had to have more "meat" to them and then I didn't keep things moving. I think short and more frequent is key to keeping a pbp alive.
This is a rather true statement. It gets hard to resist crafting an interesting story with lots of info that eventually slows down the pace of the game.

Any format to posts you would like? Coloring speech or not? Even internal dialogue (as long as it doesn't detract)? Too many colors making things hard to follow so keep it simple? What say ye?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

I think we can keep things pretty simple, until they need to be more complex. I do like having dialog pop a bit, so would recommend using the dialog formatting tag. No heed to do a special color for internal dialogue. Maybe just italics. And to keep things clean, minor OOC stuff can be hidden in spoiler tags within IC posts.

I will get the post up tomorrow - sorry about that. Crappy day.

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by jason.connerley »

So all dialogue as that blue color with internal dialogue being italicized blue?

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by VonAlric »

More like no color mod and just italicized. rolls eyes
:D

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#59 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

VonAlric is correct. No color, just italics. That will help any proper conversation really stand out. Sorry if i was unclear.

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#60 Post by jason.connerley »

My mistake, glad I asked!

Return to “Adventures in the Known World (BX)”