Character Creation

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Character Creation

#1 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Please use this forum for character creation comments and discussion - initial posting of ability rolls, etc. Once finalized, actual character sheets will go in the other stickied thread. Thanks!

**When creating characters in the dice roller, use Campaign ID 777 to tie them to this game**

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Character Creation

#2 Post by VonAlric »

Just got an opportunity to roll stats and will use the 4d6 subtract lowest method. And good scores to start!

15, 10, 17, 14, 11, 16

I can pretty much chose anything as needed. Would like to see what others roll up before deciding.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Those are nice rolls. Lucky you! I know Lordbridge was leaning towards an illusionist (from the Old-School Essentials Advanced classes book) and I think ekendahl was thinking cleric. I'll nudge them again offline to get things going.

ekendahl
Squire
Squire

#4 Post by ekendahl »

ekendahl
Squire
Squire

#5 Post by ekendahl »

So how do we create and post our characters? Is there a PDF or similar?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Nope! There's a nice, built-in form here. Go back to the dice roller site and create a new character there. Instead of "Roll Stats" click on the Char Sheet scroll icon and you can edit it there. Then it can be posted using the [sheet] code it gives you. Like this:
Last edited by Koren n'Rhys on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekendahl
Squire
Squire

#7 Post by ekendahl »

Nice. Trying it out

ekendahl
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by ekendahl »

So max HP at first level? Con 16 = +3 right?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

ekendahl wrote:So max HP at first level? Con 16 = +3 right?
16-17 is +2, 18 is +3

ekendahl
Squire
Squire

#10 Post by ekendahl »

Starting Gold?

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by VonAlric »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:Those are nice rolls. Lucky you! I know Lordbridge was leaning towards an illusionist (from the Old-School Essentials Advanced classes book) and I think ekendahl was thinking cleric. I'll nudge them again offline to get things going.
Hmm.... Still got to arrange them but was thinking either a ranger or fighter. Could do paladin or knight if it suited the flavor of the group. Part of the decision will be the roll for gold.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

ekendahl wrote:Starting Gold?
3d6 x100

Lordbridge
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by Lordbridge »

I created an Illusionist:

http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... =6897&wh=f

I also made a fighter, as Koren n'Rhys indicated a second character was an option (probably because the illusionist can't really do much other than try to survive at level 1).

http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... =6898&wh=f

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Lordbridge wrote:I created an Illusionist:

http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... =6897&wh=f

I also made a fighter, as Koren n'Rhys indicated a second character was an option (probably because the illusionist can't really do much other than try to survive at level 1).

http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... =6898&wh=f
Good point. @VonAlric: I did offer to the other guys that they could run two characters each if they waned, since there are only a few players. You are welcome to do that as well.

At a glance, both look fine. A few nice rolls mixed in. Poor Aven won't be a very popular fellow with the ladies though!You'll be able to pick a couple more spells for Nimbus though - I'll get those notes in the House Rules page this afternoon.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by VonAlric »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:Good point. @VonAlric: I did offer to the other guys that they could run two characters each if they waned, since there are only a few players. You are welcome to do that as well.

At a glance, both look fine. A few nice rolls mixed in. Poor Aven won't be a very popular fellow with the ladies though!You'll be able to pick a couple more spells for Nimbus though - I'll get those notes in the House Rules page this afternoon.
Good to know. I'll go and roll something later on this evening to get that in place and see what else we might be in need of. Interested in seeing what else you put in your house notes that might entice me to play something else.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

VonAlric wrote:Interested in seeing what else you put in your house notes that might entice me to play something else.
It'll be things to give some perks to the core 4 classes. They are a bit vanilla compared to the Advanced stuff, admittedly.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by VonAlric »

Took a look at what you added to the base classes. Elf and M-U are looking a bit more attractive. No extra love for a dwarf?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Still working on them. What would you add?

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by VonAlric »

Uhh..... that's making me think and I wasn't ready for that. :-)

Only thing that would come to mind would be similar to the fighters. In fact, the same items with a change to cleave being against certain racial foes.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

C'mon man, we're in this together!
Honestly, I'm not even sure about the elves bonus spells. Starting spells, sure, but maybe not the bonuses. I mostly feel the various racial bonuses are thier perks. Have you seen the Non-human Character Codex? I kind of like the tables of perks in there. Maybe cut it back to 5 or 7 for each and let you pick one?
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/23 ... =non-human+

Return to “Adventures in the Known World (BX)”