Character Creation

reddicediaries
Squire
Squire

Re: Character Creation

#41 Post by reddicediaries »

No worries, Jeff was kind enough to forward me the URL.

Below are the stats I rolled:

Stats: STR:9, INT:15, WIS:8, DEX:16, CON:7, CHR:10

reddicediaries
Squire
Squire

Re: OOC Open Table Chat I

#42 Post by reddicediaries »

Hey there peeps, just got my stats rolled for my character Gringol (although it was a bit weird having to choose a name before knowing anything else about the character):

Planning to go through the classes in OSE over this weekend and get the rest of the character details filled in.

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#43 Post by jason.connerley »

We could be brother hobbits, er, halflings!

reddicediaries
Squire
Squire

#44 Post by reddicediaries »

Do you have to do anything special to save characters because my (admittedly incomplete) character doesn't show under the list of available characters in my user area?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Open Table Chat I

#45 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

reddicediaries wrote:Hey there peeps, just got my stats rolled for my character Gringol (although it was a bit weird having to choose a name before knowing anything else about the character):

Planning to go through the classes in OSE over this weekend and get the rest of the character details filled in.
You can rename your character, so no worries there. It's editable in the character sheet view, or on your character list. Low CON is too bad, but otherwise not bad at all. A couple of nice rolls there.
(I'm going to see if I have the permissions to move this to the Character Creation thread)

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#46 Post by jason.connerley »

Is it ok to do a halfling herbalist and replace the 4 in CON with the 15 since I wouldn't qualify as a hairless Ewok otherwise?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Sure, go for it Jason

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

jason.connerley wrote:Is it ok to do a halfling herbalist and replace the 4 in CON with the 15 since I wouldn't qualify as a hairless Ewok otherwise?
Hmm - Actually to be a bit more fair to those who went with their stats as rolled, how about you only bump CON to the 9 minimum you need for a Halfling, and drop DEX to 9 as well, losing your +1 bonus there. Sound reasonable?

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#49 Post by jason.connerley »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:
jason.connerley wrote:Is it ok to do a halfling herbalist and replace the 4 in CON with the 15 since I wouldn't qualify as a hairless Ewok otherwise?
Hmm - Actually to be a bit more fair to those who went with their stats as rolled, how about you only bump CON to the 9 minimum you need for a Halfling, and drop DEX to 9 as well, losing your +1 bonus there. Sound reasonable?
I'm a big fan of Rule 0 so CON 9 and DEX 9 it is.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

reddicediaries wrote:Do you have to do anything special to save characters because my (admittedly incomplete) character doesn't show under the list of available characters in my user area?
John, you must have accidentally hit the "archive" option on Gringol. If you go to your Characters page and follow the link to View Archived Characters, it should be there. Unarchive it and it will show back up on your list so you can access it.

reddicediaries
Squire
Squire

#51 Post by reddicediaries »

Sorted - thanks very much :)

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#52 Post by jason.connerley »

OK, rapid fire question time!

1 Saving Throws for Rod, Staff, or Wand, both OSE and the Rules Cyclopedia break these up. Which value would you like us to use?
2 Starting Languages for Halflings? I put Halfling and alignment. Should there be any others aside from the extra one I get for INT?
3 Can we just add the bonuses to hit into the THACO block of the weapons tab? For example I get +1 to hit with missile weapons so instead of 19 is it permissible to just put 18 there so I don't have to remember the math?
4 Is there a way to edit money on the character sheet? I put my starting gold on there but after equipping the coin pouch is a bit lighter...

aronbc
Runner
Runner

#53 Post by aronbc »

I can help with 4. Place a simple math expression in the empty field beneath the catagory you want to modify (e.g. -50) hit the play button and the category will be adjusted.
Sharing creative content @ https://onthetabletop.blog/

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#54 Post by jason.connerley »

aronbc wrote:I can help with 4. Place a simple math expression in the empty field beneath the catagory you want to modify (e.g. -50) hit the play button and the category will be adjusted.
Thank you!

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

jason.connerley wrote:OK, rapid fire question time!

1 Saving Throws for Rod, Staff, or Wand, both OSE and the Rules Cyclopedia break these up. Which value would you like us to use?
2 Starting Languages for Halflings? I put Halfling and alignment. Should there be any others aside from the extra one I get for INT?
3 Can we just add the bonuses to hit into the THACO block of the weapons tab? For example I get +1 to hit with missile weapons so instead of 19 is it permissible to just put 18 there so I don't have to remember the math?
4 Is there a way to edit money on the character sheet? I put my starting gold on there but after equipping the coin pouch is a bit lighter...
1 - Yeah, I wish we could modify the character sheet. R/S/W will be just Wands. Staves/Rods will be under Spells, per OSE.
2 - Alignment, Common (Thyatian) and Halfling + any bonuses for high INT
3 - Sure, if it's easier for you.
4 - already answered!

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#56 Post by jason.connerley »

OK, second time is the charm, here is a preview of my character sheet for review prior to my posting it in the other topic.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#57 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Thanks Jason, I think that looks fine. The only change I see is on saves. I more liberally apply the WIS bonus to all magic, so Spells and R/S/W across the board. Update that and go ahead and post Conrad in the Character Sheets thread.

sirravd

#58 Post by sirravd »

I did straight 3d6 down the line––I'm fine with Kothar as he is, but should I have done 4d6c1?

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#59 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

sirravd wrote:I did straight 3d6 down the line––I'm fine with Kothar as he is, but should I have done 4d6c1?
Either/or - in the House Rules thread there were some guidelines with options to do it either way.
viewtopic.php?f=812&t=8821#p434507

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by tibbius »

Here are the stats for Nasturtium Othwoods, a thief:

Stats: STR:15, INT:15, DEX:17, WIS:7, CON:16, CHR:14

He grew up in Volaga, and knows the way to the ruined temple as well as various spots in the wood that are good for hunting and fishing.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Adventures in the Known World (BX)”