Action Thread 6

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 6

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:58am

As Eljayess starts to hustle the party onward, everyone hears a large group of folks up ahead. It sounds like they are coming up the stairs further down the hall and around the corner.

It sounds like a pretty large group, and they aren't coming quietly, so you don't think they know you are there yet.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 34/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 11/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: cross bow (war hammer), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield; Bert: short sword
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Bert,
Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 30 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 32 minutes), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 6

#2 Post by tkrexx »

Quickly! Inside the burnt out room here!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by saalaria »

Dredd hustles into the room - he will move to the far side, to keep the fighter types between him and the door.
"Phan we may want to douse the lights once everyone is in." he whispers to the Illusionist

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

Freda hisses, "Everyone be ready for action. There's somethin' bigger 'en orcs coming with them. I can feel it in the footsteps..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Ai, ai!" wails Kayen "That is a group of orcs approaching, and they have one ogre with them. I can recognize its foul language." he warns the rest of the party.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by tkrexx »

Once everyone is inside the room and in position, Phanstern will close the lanterns hood and thinkThinkTHINK of a spell that might be useful.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett moves into the room and quietly moves up against the wall. He quickly scans the room with his eyes to make sure that their initial assessment of the area (that it is empty) is correct.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

Freda moves into the room, as well, positioning herself against the wall opposite the door, with one of her magical arrows nocked and ready.

She will attempt to fire as many arrows as she can, should anything attempt to enter the room, before engaging with her sword.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:48 a

Folks start piling in to the room. It seems as it did from the first glance, furniture burnt to the point where you aren't sure of it's function, scorch marks on the wall. It was burned and then never redone or reused like some of the other parts of the temple.

Closing the door quietly behind you, you hear the group coming down the hall. From the tenor, as well as some caught words in orcish and ogre, you
can tell this is a guard crew coming off duty. They pass the room you are hiding in without slowing or stopping.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 34/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 11/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: cross bow (war hammer), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield; Bert: short sword
Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 20 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 22 minutes), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by tkrexx »

A few minutes pass before Phanstern dares let out his breath. Ye Gods! he gasps. Ye Gods, but that was close. My friends if they would have found us, it would have been very noisy, and that noise, I fear, would have been the end of us. He thinks hard for a moment. If the Orcs could have been put down quickly and quietly, I could have laid the Ogre low. Blast, NOW I think of it!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Nuke66 »

"We will have a chance, I think we will have another group ahead." Waiting for the noise to go away, she opens the door to hear better before exiting.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:55a

The time goes by torturously slow. But at last they seem to be moving away.

Nuke66 wrote:"We will have a chance, I think we will have another group ahead." Waiting for the noise to go away, she opens the door to hear better before exiting.
Eljay peeks out and can hear the group going northward, instead of on to the stables. The hallway now seems deserted.

Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 15 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 17 minutes), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Vargr1105 »

Ooc: Did any of us manage to catch anythign at all about the orcs and ogre's conversation?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by tkrexx »

And do we know how many Orcs were present?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by rredmond »

There were somewhere between 10 and 12 orcs and one ogre.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen.

"Did any one else of you discern the orc and ogre-speak? I believe they mentioned something about their guard duty of slaves and having left their work in the sewers. Perhaps the prisoners we seek are somewhere towards where that gang had been coming from."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern falls silent, his eyes closing in agreement.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by max_vale »

Ogres fidgets; not liking this non-combat course of action, but confident the more clever members of the party know what thier doing....

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

"I agree with Kayen," Freda chips in. "That is, after all, our goal - to free the slaves. So far, three hours in, we've lost one party member and found one slave..."

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”