Ch. 2: Return to Big Stone Mountain!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 2: Return to Big Stone Mountain!

#61 Post by Zhym »

You charge into battle against the kobolds! Everyone except Twiddle, that is, who just sort of wanders away. Meanwhile, a slight young woman drops from the ceiling, hastily introduces herself, and hurls her javelin into the kobolds' midst—and into a kobold's midst. The skewered kobold falls to the floor (DEAD).

The other kobolds are quick, though, throwing daggers at you as you rush in. Molly dodges three blades; Cy dodges two. The hilt of a poorly-thrown dagger thunks off the chain armor of a man you didn't even see there a moment ago. Iliro also dodges two blades—unfortunately, three were thrown at him. The third nicks him in the shoulder (-1 HP).

You tear savagely into your diminutive dog-like opponents.

Iliro steps in, moves to the left, and fires a sling shot that pings off of the head of one of the smaller kobolds. The kobold's eyes go spinny and it falls (DEAD).

Molly throws her spear. It hits a big kobold ("big" being relative, when talking about kobolds) but doesn't kill it. (3 DMG)

Cy positions himself on a flank, trying to keep too many of the kobolds from being able to attack at once. His concentration on positioning messes with his attack, however, and a kobold easily parries his mace.

Tanta attacks the first kobold she sees, but it ducks under a table, avoiding her blade.

Dax and Grond charge forward into melee, each easily dispatching an unfortunate kobold (2xDEAD).

Four kobolds are dead. Six remain (of which one is heavily injured).

Actions?

-----
Status: Grond (F1): 7/7; Molly (½1): 3/3; Cy (C1): 5/5; Iliro (E1): 5/6; Dax (D1): 9/9; Tanta (½1): 5/5; Gilly (T1): 3/3; Abraham (F1): 8/8
Effects: None
Light sources: Dax, torch (3 turns); Tanta, lantern (21 turns)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

Tanta

Tanta attempts to connect on the wily Kobold.

Sword [1d20] = 6 to hit [1d8] = 7 damage

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by VonAlric »

Iliro

Emboldened by his success, he aims another stone at a new adversary.

Sling, Short range (THAC0 - 19); Init:[1d6] = 6, To Hit:[1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15, Damage:[1d6] = 1
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dax not even stopping to relish the win charges the next kobold closest to him.

Battle Axe [1d20] = 1 to hit, [1d8] = 6 damage
well crap... :shock:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sirravd

#65 Post by sirravd »

Are there penalties/risk of friendly fire for firing into melee? If so, Gilly will stand back this round.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cy

Cy pivots slightly and manages a more competent looking swipe with his mace. "Please die."

Mace (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 12 [1d6] = 4 Init: [1d6] = 5

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by Darklin2 »

Abraham

Out from the back of the crew runs a tall human swinging a sword and carrying a large round sheild. He runs to the biggest kobold and swings for the cheap seats.

[1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20

[1d8+2] = 7+2 = 9

Splattering blood and entrails across the room.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Zhym »

Round 2

The battle rages on! Cy pivots slightly and manages a more competent-looking swipe with his mace. "Please die," he says, ever so politely. His opponent, perhaps out of a sense of ettiquette and propriety—or possibly because of the giant crater Cy's mace just made in its head—obliges. (DEAD)

The kobold that Molly just hit with her spear has just a moment to look triumphant at removing the weapon from its side before Iliro's perfectly-aimed stone smashes against its skull. Its final expression is one of surprise. (DEAD)

The other kobolds rush into melee, daggers in their hands. Two gang up on Grond, cutting red slashes in his legs (-1 HP, -2 HP). Anoter rushes Iliro, stabbing him in the foot (-1 HP). The fourth goes after Gilly, who is holding her fire. She easily dodges its attack.

Abraham runs up to the biggest kobold. It's one of the ones that just stabbed Grond. The big human points to a spot somewhere far away and to the right, thend swings! The kobold's head doesn't get much distance on it, but it does roll a few feet away from the kobold's body when they both land. (DEAD)

Grond swings at the other kobold that attacked him, but the little kobold deftly sidesteps Grond's big, clumsy sword. Molly draws her sword and comes to Gilly's aid, but her attack, too, is evaded. Tanta's attack likewise fails.

Three kobolds live. Seeing that the combat is not going well for them, they run towards the door, hoping to make an escape.

Actions?

-----
Status: Grond (F1): 4/7; Molly (½1): 3/3; Cy (C1): 5/5; Iliro (E1): 4/6; Dax (D1): 9/9; Tanta (½1): 5/5; Gilly (T1): 3/3; Abraham (F1): 8/8

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by VonAlric »

Iliro

Wincing at another nick, Iliro lets fly with another stone.

Sling, Short range (THAC0 - 19); Init:[1d6] = 4, To Hit:[1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14, Damage:[1d6] = 6
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rex »

Tanta

Tanta lets them go. "Anyone badly hurt?"

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dax runs after and tries to take down one of the fleeing kobolds.
Init: [1d6] = 5
Battle Axe [1d20] = 19 to hit, [1d8] = 8 damage
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by Darklin2 »

Abraham

He watches as the remaining midget gnolls run away in fear.

Dog face midgets dont fight to well after you smash a few. They lose their morale quickly.

Sorry. I am Abraham. I saw your group enter the room and heard the sounds of battle. Couldnt let you all get killed.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cy

Cy gives Abraham a long stare and then says, "As long as you're not here to smash us, you can stay." He then moves deeper into the room examining the table and anything on it.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Zhym »

The three surviving kobolds panic and bolt for the door. Illiro fells one with a well-placed sling stone. Dax cleaves one in two from behind. No one else chooses to slay the last. Its panicked yelping sounds fade as it flees into the distance.

"Anyone badly hurt?" asks Tanta. She can see that Grond and Illiro have both suffered injuries.

The newcomer introduces himself as Abraham. Cy gives him a long stare. "As long as you're not here to smash us, you can stay."

Grond takes a look at Abraham and then at his own wounds. "I see you're in good hands. I'm going to go back to town and tell them what we've found. Good luck, everyone."

Searching the room, you find 149 copper pieces and nine daggers on the bodies of the dead kobolds. One of the kobolds has a small iron key. Nine darts lie about the room where the kobolds threw them. There is also a bound wooden chest in the far corner of the room. A cursory examination of the chest shows that it appears to be locked.

Actions?

-----
Status: Molly (½1): 3/3; Cy (C1): 5/5; Iliro (E1): 4/6; Dax (D1): 9/9; Tanta (½1): 5/5; Gilly (T1): 3/3; Abraham (F1): 8/8

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by Darklin2 »

Abraham

Well looks like these little boogers had some copper stashed. One of you willy little fellas should try that key in the chest. Going to be a heavy haul if all they have is copper. Anyone mind if I join the group? Can't say my last party did very well in here but maybe we will have better luck.

Grabs one of the daggers and stuffs it in his boot.

GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dax shrugs "Eh well seein as we just lost one er two in number best not turn any new folk away is me thinkin."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by VonAlric »

Iliro

Watching Grond walk off, Iliro shrugs. He turns to Tanta. "Looks like Grond isn't interested. I could use a bit of healing but we should wait. I should be safe for a bit. Let's see what that key will do." Iliro will pick up the key and head over to the chest and see if the key will open it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rex »

Tanta

"I am not a healer myself but I can wrap some cloth around your wounds if you need some help with it." If Illiro needs his woulds dressed she will help him, otherwise she will take the key and check out the chest.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cy

"Someday I hope to be a healer...for now, my God has not yet given me the strength...Careful with that chest, Tanta. I could see those kobolds getting a kick out of putting a poison needle in the chest."

Are there any other doors to this room? I didn't see any in the description before the kobold fight.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by Darklin2 »

Abraham

Abraham cleans up his sword on the goblins clothes and proceeds to walk around and pick up all the darts and daggers that the kobolds threw around. He also removes two of the nasty little things belts.

Is there anyone that wants any of these daggers? I have an idea to make a cool harness.

He takes 4 of the daggers and slides the sheaths on the belt he just took off the kobolds and fastens it around his right leg like a bandoleer on his thigh. Take the other 4 and does the same thing to his left leg.

One left if anyone wants it otherwise it will go in my boot. Can never have to many weapons.

He then piles all the darts in a pile near the chest to add to part treasure (we can sell them later for gold).

OOC- If anyone wants them let me know just messing around.

Return to “Zhym's Hack-'n-Slash Random Dungeon Crawl (BX)”