Mission 5: The Cavanaugh Mound: Caddo Me a Favor?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Mission 5: The Cavanaugh Mound: Caddo Me a Favor?

#61 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lying on the ground, Lionel is trying to figure out where the illegal hit came from. Why didn't the ref throw a flag? Why does TCU's Horned Frog look like some sort of multi-headed snake creature? This field is terrible- makes Kansas look like the NFL. Where...where's the sideline?

There is a good chance somebody might have a concussion.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote:Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lying on the ground, Lionel is trying to figure out where the illegal hit came from. Why didn't the ref throw a flag? Why does TCU's Horned Frog look like some sort of multi-headed snake creature? This field is terrible- makes Kansas look like the NFL. Where...where's the sideline?

There is a good chance somebody might have a concussion.
As Lionel organizes his thoughts, that hornytoad takes shape and he remembers the pictures and info on the whiteboards back at the HQ. Something about Coach talking about a Memorial Day game... a tribute to the troops at halftime... He felt scared because he couldn't remember the playbook!

Lionel will be back to "normal" after his head stops spinning and he figures out what he is looking at.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Taaz »

Jason falters but looks to Thomas and continues chanting with him.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote: Jason falters but looks to Thomas and continues chanting with him.
A'ya'hi'ya takes notice of Jason, especially that albino head as it snaps that inky black mouth. Jason hears this but the other Gbers do not Where is Tejas?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rex »

Mac

Cool +5BP [7d6] = 23 Ghost Die [1d6] = 5

Mac thinks to himself, Hold it together, this is the moment you have been waiting for.

"Amazing!"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cool: [4d6] = 9 G:[1d6] = 3

Roy thinks why is nobody listening.....then notices the snakes merging into the creature he and Jason spend hours looking up and researching learning about most of the day... "Oh boy that thing is a lot different up close and in person...."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker keeps looking back and forth between his machines and the entity.

Add 1 BP

[4d6] = 10 ghost [1d6] = 4
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Bluehorse »

Rex wrote:Mac

Cool +5BP [7d6] = 23 Ghost Die [1d6] = 5

Mac thinks to himself, Hold it together, this is the moment you have been waiting for.

"Amazing!"

Mac is stone cold and solid.  He feels all the respect for a deity but for now at least he does not feel the carnal fear associated with such an experience and he keeps a cool head about things in the shodows of the trees even as the relatively weak illumination of the cell phone makes weird shadows around them.  He can see Jean now stands beside her grandpa and Jason.

-5bps

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Cool: [4d6] = 9 G:[1d6] = 3

Roy thinks why is nobody listening.....then notices the snakes merging into the creature he and Jason spend hours looking up and researching learning about most of the day... "Oh boy that thing is a lot different up close and in person...."
Roy is not doing as well.  The weird sight of the snake spirit is playing with him mind and making it harder and harder to keep cool, he is not quite ready to run but he can feel himself shaking now.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote:Joker

Joker keeps looking back and forth between his machines and the entity.

Add 1 BP

[4d6] = 10 ghost [1d6] = 4
Joker  finds his eyes peeling away from his instruments as the deity snaps at Jason and the full weight of what is happening settles in on a primal level and it wars with his logical mind.  He is also not quite to the point of wanting to turn tail and run, but he is no longer able to concentrate on just the data.  Luckily they are still recording for later analysis, the far reaches of his logical mind whispers from behind the screaming of the lizard brain that doesn't quite that full control.   

-1 bp

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote: A'ya'hi'ya takes notice of Jason, especially that albino head as it snaps that inky black mouth. Jason hears this but the other Gbers do not Where is Tejas?
Jason looks at the creature, then back to Thomas and his team, Tejas is friend right? We are friends he motions to the others with his hand Tejas, and then points to his chest, Tejas.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker is logical and rational- he still thinks of Ghosts primarily in terms of "stabilized, self- sustaining energy fields". But this situation isn't rational or logical. Joker trembles, his teeth chattering behind that luxurious moustache of his.

He hasn't seen the inside of a mosque since he was 10, but he finds himself muttering a prayer. Allah bizi korusun!
FA FO

Scott308

#73 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel starts trying to pick himself up off the ground, attempting to figure out what the heck is happening.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Bluehorse »

Mission 5: The Cavanaugh Mound: Caddo Me a Favor?
On the way to
August 11, 2018 9:40pm
Cooler and Humid, clouds clearing, New Moon & Dark.

Hadiku, Kikah, Kah'ahnáywach'ah, Hakáayu... Tejas...

Thomas looks once more to Jason before turning to look at A'ya'hi'ya and speaking again. Jason feels like he is hearing Thomas speaking Caddo while also hearing, almost as if it were an echo, perfect English. Everyone else will hear just his raspy throaty Caddo. He is tejas of the white peoples who use this land today. I am here as a child of the people who called you A'ya'hi'ya and counted you as Tejas and messenger to our ancestors. We all come here on the new moon, like our grandfathers did.
My name is Thomas Ten-Chiefs, of the People. My father and Grandfather had the same name. They will know my name. They will hear my words and tell you they are true. We are here to make things right. You were disrespected. Some maybe did so on purpose, many others have done so by accident. We want to answer to call of the Drummer who has played here, calling us to you and our grandfathers. We want right old wrong and come here as we did before. These people here...
he gestures to the Ghostbusters. The too come from many peoples. They have good hearts. I have seen their home. They have paid respect in the old ways in the place they call home. They too come to right wrongs. Even those that have been here and claim the land today, are people coming here to worship their Great Spirit, and pray for their families both alive and of your realm. Call to the spirits they pray to. You will see these words are true too. We are of many people, just as you are now of many people, Tejas. You too have a white head. Let us be as you are. One people of many colors. One people who can work together and make things right. One people working to worship and pray of one heart.

Jean stands stoic and proud though wide-eyed beside her grandfather, holding his hand now.

Thomas's voice has a soothing effect on the whole of the area. Everyone who failed their roll may now assume their character feels calmed

Roy is a little taken aback from what he sees, despite the fact that there are clearly no more snakes in the undergrowth. (Good thing!) there is now one really big sentient one standing only a few yards away. (Bad thing?)

Etta, after hearing Thomas speak clearly and calmly is probably the first to pull herself together. As wipes the sweat from her head... what's that? Oh! Ecto goggles!

Mac finds himself excited and maybe even drawn into the whole scene. He can just make out the outline of the large Snake Spirit? God? Apparition before them. He does hear a ping from his phone and sees another surge of energy starting up at the top of the mound now that has another signature than the others. There is a whining cry coming from a greenish glowing spot at the topmost part of the mound that everyone can see and hear.

Joker is able to quickly confirm these readings on the PKE but the Gigameter doesn't register any new fields, meaning these ecto readings are likely independent.

Everyone, also consider what equipment you have available and how to utilize it.
Current Map
Green Circle represents the Mound under the tree cover.
The Yellow block is the door which for now only Jason can see.
Green A is A'ya'hi'ya
Green D is the Drummer who for now only Jason can see, but is the source of one of the fields mentioned earlier.
The 4 point star is one of the three points of energy creating fields mentioned before.
The Purple 6 point star is the place where the Purple Glow and the Whine have just come from, everyone can hear and see that.
M5-1.jpg
M5-1.jpg (209.55 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Inventory
InventoryCarried.JPG
InventoryCarried.JPG (116.96 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Actions? Lionel has recovered since he got over 10 on that last roll so you can act acordingly 

Etta: -4 bps to rolls
Jason: -5 bps to rolls
Mac: -5 bps to rolls
Joker: -1 bps to rolls

Brownie Point Pool  
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  50/73 (**)
Roy O'Dowd: 36/37
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 52/63
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 35/49 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan 82/96
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 36/42

* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by Taaz »

Jason looks at his team mates, Thomas and Jean and A'ya'hi'ya he thinks a moment and then looks the white eyed snake in the face. A'ya'hi'ya I am called Doctor Jason O'Roarke and I wish to be counted as Tejas for my people.He points to the logo on his sleeve and then to his team mates. Thomas ten-chiefs is helping us learn how to respect you, and we can make sure that whoever lives near this holy place respects it as well. Our main goal is helping, if we can help you too that's a job well done for us.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker relaxes slightly, Thomas' voice helping him focus on what _is,_ not what might be.

His hand flies over the screen of his phone, switching from one app to another as he tries to quantify the readings he's getting. He knows these entities are something special, and he's working to identify and record the differences between these and other entities of the same Class.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote:Joker

Joker relaxes slightly, Thomas' voice helping him focus on what _is,_ not what might be.

His hand flies over the screen of his phone, switching from one app to another as he tries to quantify the readings he's getting. He knows these entities are something special, and he's working to identify and record the differences between these and other entities of the same Class.
Roll mod brains.

Scott308

#78 Post by Scott308 »

The big 'buster is finally able to shake the cobwebs out. He is momentarily startled by the giant...snake...creature?, but is calmed upon hearing the soothing sound of Thomas' voice and Jason treating it not as an enemy but as an entity he is trying to make peace with. He realizes the proton pack he is carrying will do little to help their current situation. Unsure how to help, he will stay out of the way of those who seem to have a plan.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy tries to calm down and join in the chant/prayer that the chief and Jason are doing.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac waits and sees what happens.

Return to “Mission Archive”