[001] Starting the adventure

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

[001] Starting the adventure

#1 Post by ffilz »

As you pass a run-down opium den, a young scion of the ruling family (the locals will recognize her) rushes by on a howdah carried by crayfish; she spots Prishneena and demands she dance for her amusement.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

Re: [001] Starting the adventure

#2 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Prishneena

Prishneena flushes a little at the unexpected attention but swiftly conceals her embarrassment. She fiercely appraises the young woman for a moment. They are of a similar age, but the lady in the howdah is obviously wealthy and clearly used to getting her own way. An opportunity perhaps, though one Prishneena is not willing to crawl to. Maybe on her own terms though.

Prishneena looks up a little defiantly at the young woman.

"I am new to the city. I do not know the custom here but, if you fancy someone, is it not best to just come out and say it?" she answers brazenly. "I'm off to behead some bandits right now but find you not unattractive. When I return, I would be happy to come to your chambers and entertain you. Where shall I find you then?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Pulpatoon »

Wening holds herself very still, in the manner of a servant used to to mercurial authority, waiting to see how the situation will break. She recognizes Prishneena's tact as a risky one. Wide-eyed, she takes in every detail she can about the noble scion, trying to find clues as to how to mollify her if she is not amused by Prishneena's boldness. And if that doesn't work, she surreptitiously maps the best escape routes.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by sulldawga »

Gigyansh

Perhaps now that you have realized your mistake, asking a free woman, a hardened warrior to boot, to waste her time for you, you might kindly be on your way and allow us to return to our endeavors?
Last edited by sulldawga on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by ffilz »

sulldawga wrote:Gigyansh

"Perhaps now that you have realized your mistake, asking a free woman, a hardened warrior to boot, to waste her time for you, you might kindly be on your way and allow us to return to our endeavors?"
The young lady (Gigyansh will share later she is Hamsi Shreeyash) is momentarily taken aback, and then recognizing Gigyansh, says "Well, young lady, if you should fancy an invitation to one of my parties, take this calling card." She offers a card to Prishneena.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by redwarrior »

Hanarl While that would indeed be diverting, we must now be off to track down bandits and let them feel Tantor's wrath!

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Antman9 »

Vicenç Santharam: Human M Thief (HP: 1/1) (AC: 7 – Leather Armor)
Action/Status: Joins the party

Vicenç watches the encounter between the two women with disinterest. Some customs are beyond my understanding, he thinks to himself. He looks down the road impatient to be on the journey and find a head that he may trade to fill his purse with coin. Maldhunga awaits our services. Shall we be off then? he states in a matter-of-fact manner to the group. I do wish my purse to weigh upon my belt, and there are people in need of our services. He smiles to show he is patient, but eager to be off.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by rossik »

Kajal is not amused by all that. He scratches his fat belly, as he does when bored.
"Well, lets take our way, then?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Pulpatoon »

Wening notes that Gigyansh came to Prishneena's aid when he didn't need to. That speaks well of his character. She quietly moves along with the others.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by ffilz »

Prishneena accepts the card and Hamsi bids you farewell and good luck. You carry on and make it to Maldhunga and seek out the Tea House Ravi frequents. More details tomorrow..

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by ffilz »

As you enter the village, you spot a giant frog hopping around the central plaza of the village. The frog looks your direction, and then nabs a very huge moth (6" across).

The tea house has a nice selection of teas, and you see patrons snacking on live moths, ripping off wings, and taking bites from the body.

You spot a gentleman who fits the description of Ravi you were given. Fortunately he doesn't seem to be consuming moths just at the moment but is simply enjoying a cup of red tea.

Return to “Frank's Yoon Suin (OD&D|BX)”