Chapter 1: At The End of All Things

Inferno
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: At The End of All Things

#101 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Whispering a prayer to Yavanna, Gilwennen lays a hand upon her own brow and asks for the strength to continue fighting the spawn of darkness. A beam of starlight pierces the gloom for an instant, bathing her in its delicate light, and suffuses her with a will to go on.

Cast Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 8 !
Forgot I have cleric spells... :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by rredmond »

Naruthirdor (for the last round) attempts to finish the ruse by having the orc commander voice now scream: "The balrogs have turned against us, retreat, retreat!"

His plan is, if needed, to create a balrog with dancing lights. But the swiftness of the warg's arrival, and appearance of his comrades will make his first priority to move southwest back behind (and out of the way of) the fighter types. Please let me know if the spell would still be an option after that in this round.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Assuming she can't get a clear shot off this round, Tinuwen takes a moment to calm herself. In the midst of chaos, she attunes her spirit with nature, releasing some of her pain.

Cure light wounds on self [1d8] = 3

Cure light wounds on self [2d4+1] = 3+1 = 4
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Inferno »

The Elven King's Halls, Mirkwood Forest, Rhovanion, Middle Earth
Night. March 19, Year One of the Fourth Age
Wet, rainy, cold

The horrific warg-riders turn their misshapen heads, distracted by Naruthirdor's subtle magic! "The balrogs have turned against us! Retreat, retreat!" they think they hear.

Insidious Snagrat snarls, "There ain't no balrogs here! More elf trickery is what this is!"

Brutal Molg roars from atop his fearsome steed, "You have failed! The time of the Elves is ended!"

“Kill them and feast!” Molg commands and the cruel wargs spring and bite with savage fury! White fangs turn red with blood! (-4hp and -3hp to Elbenwin and Naruthirdor respectively)

Naruthirdor withdraws behind the new arrivals, as Therone flanks the enemy, fits an arrow to her bowstring and prepares to fire!

The elven sisters, Gilwennen and Tinuwen, summon what grace is given them, suffusing themselves with the will to carry on. (+8hp and +4hp respectively)

Folco Boffin leaps out from behind the boulder and stabs one ferocious warg (W4) in the back! The little hobbit's shortsword bites deep and the wicked beast howls in pain! Then Pockets Hilltopple hurtles a dead-eyed stone that cracks the same evil creature right between the eyes!

The Dunedain rangers too each strike a vicious warg with cold steel! (W3 and W5) The three feral beasts won't survive another onslaught like that. But on they fight with renewed hatred!

With baleful laughter, Molg the warg-rider (O6) looses two barbed black arrows at the elven sisters and both whistle wide, carried off by the scorching winds of the raging inferno!

Snagrat the orc (O7) wheels when Folco strikes! The despicable fiend dismounts from his warg and unsheathes a long, hooked blade! "You filthy little ratling, I'm going to enjoy eating your heart!" he growls as Folco evades a deadly sword slash!

Actions?!

Map:

One square = 10 feet. Circle of light marks 30' visibility in the smoke.

Non-required Reading (rolls and rulings):

PC Status:
  • Elbenarin: Male Dunedain Ranger 2: Move: 9", AC: 3, HP: 27/30, played by ravenn4544
    Elbenwin: Male Dunedain Ranger 2: Move: 9", AC: 3, HP: 20/30, played by wolfpack
    Folco Boffin: Male Hobbit Thief 3: Move: 9", AC: 3, HP: 21/21, played by Ogre Mage
    Gilda 'Gilly' Ironfoot: Female Dwarf Fighter 2: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 27/28, played by hedgeknight
    Glasik Ironfoot: Male Dwarf Fighter 2: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 24/24, played by Scott308
    Gilwennen: Female Elven Fighter/Magic-User 1/1: Move: 9", AC: -1, HP: 8/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl, played by ChubbyPixie
    Naruthirdor Nowe: Male Elven Magic-User 2: Move: 12", AC: 10, HP: 5/8, Spells: 2/4 1st lvl, played by rredmond
    Perrin 'Pockets' Hilltopple: Male Hobbit Fighter/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC: 8, HP: 14/14, played by dmw71
    Therone: Female Elven Fighter 2: Move: 9", AC: -1, HP: 22/22, played by Urson
    Tinuwen: Female Elven Fighter/Magic-User 1/1: Move: 9", AC: -1, HP: 6/7, Spells: 2/3 1st lvl, played SocraticLawyer
PC Magic:
  • None currently.
Player Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#105 Post by Scott308 »

Glasik Ironfoot

Maybe it's the time of the Dwarves, then. It damn sure isn't the time of anything as ugly as an Orc! Glasik taunts, as the dwarf's axe whistles in a deadly arc toward the Warg. (W5)
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by SocraticLawyer »

How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by ravenn4544 »

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by wolfpack »

Elbenwin tries to strike the warg again but his strike is disrupted from the bite

[1d20] = 11

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by hedgeknight »

"Aye, brother!" Gilly shouts and attacks the warg in front of her.
Footman's Pick: [1d20] = 14 Damage: [2d4+1] = 6+1 = 7
Red Attacks: [1d20] = 6 Damage [2d4] = 5
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#111 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Folco stares up at the horrid looking orc currently trying to kill him and panics, seeing that he is now all alone with 2 vicious enemies right in his face. "You foolish little Boffin", he mumbles under his breath. "Now look what you've gone and gotten yourself into."

Knowing he cant outrun the horse sized warg, the frightened young hobbit stands his ground and stabs at the orc again.

Attack w/ Shortsword [1d20] = 11 Damage s/m [1d6] = 4 L [1d8] = 8

"We don't really like being referred to as rats, I'll have you know! Why do every one of you ugly bastards say that about us?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#112 Post by dmw71 »

"Safely shoot your arrows from behind me," Pockets says, stepping in front of Gilwennen and Tinuwen. He hastily hurls another sling stone of his own, then switches to Point, his trusty short sword, which he brandishes in front of himself, ready to take on any oncomers that might present themselves.

Rolls
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Urson »

Therone

Seeing a clear shot, Therone sends two arrows at (06).

att [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6 missile
att [1d20+4] = 5+4 = 9 missile

arrow[1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5

Therone spits something unladylike as her arrows go wide.
FA FO

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by rredmond »

Naruthirdor casts Dancing Lights creating 4 orbs of light. He then screams "Fireball!" in orcish and sends the orbs streaking towards the eyes of W3, W4, O6 and O7.

The intent is to have the spheres at least distract those four, hopefully causing minuses to hit, at best causing some real consternation about fireball damage. Naruthirdor starts picking up d6s one by one...
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Inferno »

The Elven King's Halls, Mirkwood Forest, Rhovanion, Middle Earth
Night. March 19, Year One of the Fourth Age
Wet, rainy, cold

Surrounded by orcs and wargs and fire, Folco Boffin suddenly feels very far from home. The little hobbit swings his short blade recklessly as he cries: "We don't really like being referred to as rats, I'll have you know! Why do every one of you ugly bastards say that about us?!"

"It's the way you lot scurry, sneak and whimper, innit?!" Snagrat the orc laughs with malevolent glee.

Nearby, two monstrous wargs fall beneath the onslaught of Tinuwen's arrows and Glasik's ax! (W4 and W5)

Among the swirling embers of the forest fire, four glowing orbs of light suddenly blaze to life as Naruthirdor whispers ancient words of power!

Then the elf shouts something in Orcish and the burning lights fly at their enemies' eyes!

Gilly the dwarf smites the last warg (W3) with her iron pick and the bloodthirsty beast snaps back, gashing her left forearm with its savage fangs! (-2hp damage)

Wicked Snagrat (O7) stabs Folco with his evil-looking orc sword! (-4hp) "Come on, ratling! Squeal for me!"

And Molg the murderer (O6) withstands a barrage of arrows from Gilwennen and Therone! Impaled through the shoulder, he fires back wildly, roaring in hateful defiance, "Your elf-king is dead!"

Then, thunderous footsteps (at "?") boom from out of the smoke to the east, near Therone! The elf maiden feels the very earth tremble beneath her feet!

Actions?!

Map:

One square = 10 feet. Circle of light marks 30' visibility in the smoke.

Non-required Reading (rolls and rulings):

PC Status:
  • Elbenarin: Male Dunedain Ranger 2: Move: 9", AC: 3, HP: 27/30, played by ravenn4544
    Elbenwin: Male Dunedain Ranger 2: Move: 9", AC: 3, HP: 20/30, played by wolfpack
    Folco Boffin: Male Hobbit Thief 3: Move: 9", AC: 3, HP: 17/21, played by Ogre Mage
    Gilda 'Gilly' Ironfoot: Female Dwarf Fighter 2: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 25/28, played by hedgeknight
    Glasik Ironfoot: Male Dwarf Fighter 2: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 24/24, played by Scott308
    Gilwennen: Female Elven Fighter/Magic-User 1/1: Move: 9", AC: -1, HP: 8/8, Spells: 0/1 1st lvl, played by ChubbyPixie
    Naruthirdor Nowe: Male Elven Magic-User 2: Move: 12", AC: 10, HP: 5/8, Spells: 2/4 1st lvl, played by rredmond
    Perrin 'Pockets' Hilltopple: Male Hobbit Fighter/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC: 8, HP: 14/14, played by dmw71
    Therone: Female Elven Fighter 2: Move: 9", AC: -1, HP: 22/22, played by Urson
    Tinuwen: Female Elven Fighter/Magic-User 1/1: Move: 9", AC: -1, HP: 6/7, Spells: 2/3 1st lvl, played SocraticLawyer
PC Magic: Player Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by wolfpack »

Elbenwin spits at the last warg and taunts it in orcish

Your mother was a mange ridden coyote impregnated by orcs.

[1d20] = 13
[1d12] = 8

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#118 Post by Scott308 »

Glasik Ironfoot

Whatever that thing is, it's big, it sounds even uglier than the orcs, and I really, really want to kill it! Glasik heads southeast, standing just outside the smoke near Therone, axe at the ready.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#119 Post by dmw71 »

Pockets continues to grip Point and stand dutifully in front of Gilwennen and Tinuwen, allowing the pair to fire their ranged weapons without interruption.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by ravenn4544 »

Elbenarin is urged on by the words of defiance from his brother. His sword, part of him since he was strong enough to wield it, finds a familiar opening in the crumbling attack of the Warg.

Long Sword Attack [1d20] = 17 (THACO=19)
Long Sword Damage = S/M: [1d8] = 7 / L: [1d12] = 4

Return to “Sauron Victorious (1e)”