OOC

thirdkingdom
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC

#1 Post by thirdkingdom »

OOC chatter goes here. If there are rules questions please ask them here, rather than in the IC thread. I would like you guys to keep in mind the following when posting:

1. Strive for punctuation and proper grammar. I don't like feeling as though I'm grading an English paper when reading posts.

2. Some games here use colors for speech. I prefer to use quotation marks: Bwango yells at the goblin chief "You're not the boss of me"!

3. Use active voice, third person, but don't post anything that decides an action. You can post "Bwango shoots an arrow at the goblin chief", not "Bwango shoots and arrow and kills the goblin chief" or "I shoot an arrow at the goblin chief".

4. Don't puppet the actions of other characters or NPCs. A common one I see is a post telling how the others react to their character's presence, or actions: "Bwango descends the curved stairs in his scarlet ball gown. The others are impressed at the way the dress flows to the floor and Bwango manages to avoid tripping on the hem." It is up to the other players to decide if they are impressed or not.

5. OOC comments are fine in the IC thread as long as they are kept to a minimum. I prefer for such comments to be placed in a spoiler (button above) rather than in the OOC text block, but that's not a hill I'm going to die on.

6. When combat occurs I will ask for intended actions during the round. Once all actions have been declared I roll for initiative, then dice out the action as per the order of combat on page B24 of the Basic ruleset. Initiative is made by rolling 1d6 per side (I count special monsters, such as a goblin chief, as individuals) and adding or subtracting Dex modifiers. Let's say the party is fighting goblins. Character A has an Initiative of +2, B of 0, and C of -1. I roll a 4 for the PCs and a 4 for the goblins. Character A goes first, the B and the goblins act simultaneously, then C goes last.

Combat is resolved in the following order: Morale checks, Movement, Missile, Magic, Melee.

7. I make all my rolls on orokos.com and will, for the vast majority of the time, link to my rolls in the spoiler of each post. There may be rare times when I redact a roll. I will make a note of these times.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC

#2 Post by Gerrin »

So is the thrust of the game straight forward adventuring to begin with, or are we working towards dominion set up from the get go?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by thirdkingdom »

Gerrin wrote:So is the thrust of the game straight forward adventuring to begin with, or are we working towards dominion set up from the get go?
Whichever you prefer, to be honest. The last group I ran this with started off taking one of the hooks, but it became pretty clear that they were looking to establish a domain. You all will be high enough level that establishing a domain is a reasonable goal. But you don't have to do that, either! It's kinda up to you all. I'll start y'all off with some hooks and it will be up to you to tell me what to do.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Gerrin »

OK cool, so it's pretty much a sandbox environment then.

And the starting XP is still 50,000 ?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by thirdkingdom »

Gerrin wrote:OK cool, so it's pretty much a sandbox environment then.

And the starting XP is still 50,000 ?
Yes to both.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Gerrin »

Starting gold and items? I saw you gave them out to Pulpatoon's character

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by thirdkingdom »

Gerrin wrote:Starting gold and items? I saw you gave them out to Pulpatoon's character
Let me know your class and I'll roll that up.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Gerrin »

Sorry, would have helped if I'd told you :)
I'm going cleric

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by thirdkingdom »

Gerrin wrote:Sorry, would have helped if I'd told you :)
I'm going cleric
12,000 gp! (lotta suckers in the religion game).

Plus:

*Potion of sweetwater
*Potion of ESP
*Ring of Protection +1
*Scroll to a cache of magical items (I will include this as a starting hook once I figure out what the items are).
*7 arrows +1
*Armor +1

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by thirdkingdom »

I added a "Planning" thread for you guys to discuss long term goals. The first post breaks down the assets you guys start with in addition to personal wealth.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by sulldawga »

I'm running a magic-user, if I can get gold and magic items, please.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote:I'm running a magic-user, if I can get gold and magic items, please.
6,000 gp

*Potion of animal control
*Scroll of ward against elementals x2
*Scroll with one spell
*Wand of illusion with 5 charges remaining

~~~~

I need to determine the above spell in the scroll as well as your spells.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Gerrin »

At some point (no rush I know you have a million things going on) could we get an idea of local noble families and lands they own?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by thirdkingdom »

Gerrin wrote:At some point (no rush I know you have a million things going on) could we get an idea of local noble families and lands they own?
This is probably something I'll elaborate on IC once play begins.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Gerrin »

SO with regard to hiring mercenaries for the beginning of the campaign, is there a list or do I need to find someone who has that info ?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by thirdkingdom »

Gerrin wrote:SO with regard to hiring mercenaries for the beginning of the campaign, is there a list or do I need to find someone who has that info ?
You should be able to find mercenaries listed in either LL Basic or the Marsh/Cook Expert set. Prices should be the same. We won't rp acquisition of mercs prior to the game starting.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Gerrin wrote:SO with regard to hiring mercenaries for the beginning of the campaign, is there a list or do I need to find someone who has that info ?
You should be able to find mercenaries listed in either LL Basic or the Marsh/Cook Expert set. Prices should be the same. We won't rp acquisition of mercs prior to the game starting.
Specifically, the following are available:

Light infantry 3 gp/month
Heavy infantry 4 gp/month
Crossbowmen 5 gp/month
Bowmen 7 gp/month
Mounted Bowmen 15 gp/month
Longbowmen 10 gp/month
Light Mounted 10 gp/month
Medium Mounted 15 gp/month
Heavy Mounted 20 gp/month

Mercenary troops have 4 hp each and a Morale score of 8 for foot soldiers and 9 for mounted troops. Veterans have 6 hp each, a +1 to morale scores, and an additional 10 gp/month. Assume that the cost of food is included in the mercenaries wages. Foot soliders can be hired in squads of 20 each; mounted soliders in squads of 10 each. Each squad needs to be led by a lieutenant, a 1st level fighter of the same troop type that has 8 hp, a +1 to morale, and costs an additional 20 gp/month.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by thirdkingdom »

I would like to get the first IC post up Tuesday evening, east coast US time. It looks like three people have their characters up already. Let me know if anyone needs anything from me.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote:I would like to get the first IC post up Tuesday evening, east coast US time. It looks like three people have their characters up already. Let me know if anyone needs anything from me.
I lied. IC thread is up (viewtopic.php?p=419477#p419477). Do not feel like you have to respond to it right now; I thought it would be helpful for you to have the hooks to help guide your decisions fleshing out your characters. I'm still aiming to have all the characters done by Tuesday evening, if possible. I would also suggest subscribing to the IC and this thread so you can be alerted as to updates.

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”