OOC

thirdkingdom

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#1542 Post by shaidar »

Thanks. What about Wilter and Toma? It's just that I count 9 retainers including them.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1543 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote:Thanks. What about Wilter and Toma? It's just that I count 9 retainers including them.
D'oh! I forgot to add them in. Will take care of that now.
Fifthmonth, Twentyseconday

XP from the village of shadows: 6,000 XP total. There are a total of five full shares and seven nine half shares. Retainers get 316 XP, PCs get 632. Note that this is a partial award; closing the gate will grant the rest of it.
@The Wanderer, I've finally added the bard class to the class document, and have attached it to this post. Sorry it has taken so long for m me to get that done.
Attachments
New Classes 6.5.20.pdf
(882.84 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1544 Post by shaidar »

:-)

So, I've got Toma and Wilter @ - 100xp, so this will take them to first level? If so are you happy for me to choose knacks and skills and suchlike? From there backgrounds would they be literate if their INT is good enough?

Seems a shame to lose Casfea, if I didn't have those two I would have taken her on.

PresGas, would we persuade Sumar to take her on as a bodyguard, we can vouch for her?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1545 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote::-)

So, I've got Toma and Wilter @ - 100xp, so this will take them to first level? If so are you happy for me to choose knacks and skills and suchlike? From there backgrounds would they be literate if their INT is good enough?

Seems a shame to lose Casfea, if I didn't have those two I would have taken her on.

PresGas, would we persuade Sumar to take her on as a bodyguard, we can vouch for her?
Yup, they both reach 1st level!

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#1546 Post by beniliusbob »

thirdkingdom wrote:XP awards for the Village of Shadows: viewtopic.php?p=487140#p487140
Do the retainers who did not participate in the action get XP (e.g. Alwen, Sigmari)? I would assume no, but just checking.

Also, I believe we still need XP for a battle we had with some ogres and orcs a while back. Not to be a nudge, but... gotta grind Zellar to level 8! :D

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1547 Post by shaidar »

thirdkingdom wrote:
shaidar wrote::-)

Yup, they both reach 1st level!
Thanks. Could I have hp please, I'm going to have Toma take toughness as his knack.

Although Wilter's INT is high enough to be literate, with his background (i.e coming from the streets) would he be literate? Also I was wondering if I could choose some kind of 'Streetwise' skill, that covers an understanding of how the underbelly of society works?

For Toma, could I go for some kind of 'animal husbandry' as a skill, would that be a knowledge (INT) skill?

EDIT: edited for clarity.
Last edited by shaidar on Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1548 Post by The_Wanderer »

thirdkingdom wrote:Fifthmonth, Twentyseconday

XP from the village of shadows: 6,000 XP total. There are a total of five full shares and seven nine half shares. Retainers get 316 XP, PCs get 632. Note that this is a partial award; closing the gate will grant the rest of it.
Is that including Mardan Cy yet? BTW I still need you to finish getting a Bard together. I have the OSE books I could use but will need your direction on other class features and stuff.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1549 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote:
shaidar wrote:Thanks. What about Wilter and Toma? It's just that I count 9 retainers including them.
D'oh! I forgot to add them in. Will take care of that now.
Fifthmonth, Twentyseconday

@The Wanderer, I've finally added the bard class to the class document, and have attached it to this post. Sorry it has taken so long for m me to get that done.
Bard class is in the attached document.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1550 Post by thirdkingdom »

beniliusbob wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:XP awards for the Village of Shadows: viewtopic.php?p=487140#p487140
Do the retainers who did not participate in the action get XP (e.g. Alwen, Sigmari)? I would assume no, but just checking.

Also, I believe we still need XP for a battle we had with some ogres and orcs a while back. Not to be a nudge, but... gotta grind Zellar to level 8! :D

Those that didn't participate still got XP. They wouldn't if they were actually elsewhere, but just because they could contribute doesn't mean they don't get XP.

I thought I had given XP for the orcs but I can't find it. All PCs get 200 XP and all retainers 100.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1551 Post by The_Wanderer »

Nice, thanks for doing this! I guess started reading the wrong thread this morning! You gave me attribute rolls some time ago...Almost done.

-Just need an HP roll
-How do you handle # of spells known? Does he just start with all spells on the list?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1552 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:Nice, thanks for doing this! I guess started reading the wrong thread this morning! You gave me attribute rolls some time ago...Almost done.

-Just need an HP roll
-How do you handle # of spells known? Does he just start with all spells on the list?
Will get hp rolls. And yes, they start with all spells on the list.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1553 Post by thirdkingdom »

Thanks. Could I have hp please, I'm going to have Toma take toughness as his knack.
Wilter hp, then Toma:: 1d4-1 0 1d10+1 10 Wilter starts with 1 hp!
Although Wilter's INT is high enough to be literate, with his background (i.e coming from the streets) would he be literate? Also I was wondering if I could choose some kind of 'Streetwise' skill, that covers an understanding of how the underbelly of society works?
Sure!
For Toma, could I go for some kind of 'animal husbandry' as a skill, would that be a knowledge (INT) skill?
Sure!

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1554 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:Nice, thanks for doing this! I guess started reading the wrong thread this morning! You gave me attribute rolls some time ago...Almost done.

-Just need an HP roll
Mardan Cy hp:: 1d6-1 3

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1555 Post by shaidar »

Thanks, TK, I'll update character sheets this weekend.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1556 Post by shaidar »

Character sheets updated.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1557 Post by shaidar »

thirdkingdom wrote: Fifthmonth, Twentythirdday
Draea

The adventurers rise and meet Valru and her men at the gates. All of the ironskins are mounted on enormous chargers and are armed with lances, shortbows, and heavy blades. "What are your plans?" Valru asks, gesturing to the map the adventurers carry. "We slew the orcs around here," she points at hex 233.133, "and the captive told us their main encampment was about a day's ride to the west*."
TK, do you really mean 233.133, that's down by the border and Alice?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1558 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote: Fifthmonth, Twentythirdday
Draea

The adventurers rise and meet Valru and her men at the gates. All of the ironskins are mounted on enormous chargers and are armed with lances, shortbows, and heavy blades. "What are your plans?" Valru asks, gesturing to the map the adventurers carry. "We slew the orcs around here," she points at hex 233.133, "and the captive told us their main encampment was about a day's ride to the west*."
TK, do you really mean 233.133, that's down by the border and Alice?
Nope! Should be 233.123!

PresGas
Scout
Scout

#1559 Post by PresGas »

I will admit that having this traveling time (in real life) has made it hard to follow the split up of the group and I apologize. I will have Sumer keep keen observation and quiet and will myself read more closely if I can.
You've been chosen as an extra
in the movie adaptation
of the sequel to your life
- Pavement

Hosting the OSRIC and Dangerous Dungeons! Wiki:
https://osricwiki.presgas.name/doku.php?id=index

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1560 Post by thirdkingdom »

PresGas wrote:I will admit that having this traveling time (in real life) has made it hard to follow the split up of the group and I apologize. I will have Sumer keep keen observation and quiet and will myself read more closely if I can.
No worries! Sumer is currently with the westbound group, the one hunting down the orc outpost. The only characters that have gone back south are Ribar, Goshawk, and Alwen Nar.

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”