On the cavern floor

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: On the cavern floor

#41 Post by Rex »

Branna

"Thank you!" As she holds out her manacled hands to be unlocked. "What do you have there?" as she looks over the pile of equipment.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by drpete »

The smaller group shows the gear they stole from the armory:

6 chain shirts (1 taken by Thoril, and acid damaged/-2)
6 suits of studded leather (1 Sabyllos, 1 Jimjar)
6 shields
6 hand crossbows
20 cases of crossbow bolts (20 per case)
6 shortswords (1 thoril-acid damaged -2 damage, 1 jimjar acid damaged -2 damage)
10 daggers (2 Sabyllos)
6 bags caltrops (20/bag)
2 100 foot lengths of rope
2 building hammers (not weapons)
2 bags of iron spikes (10/ bag)

(I'm following d&d precedent, and basically ignoring encumbrance in figuring out what they could carry down)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Brana

Brana will see if any of the Chain Shirts fit her. If not she will move on to the Studded Leather. She will take a shield and 2 daggers.

OOC She is proficient in Simple Weapons, Battle Axe and War Hammer. She can wear any armor.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#44 Post by Scott308 »

Ornthalas Venlen

After his manacles are removed, Ornthalas grabs a set of studded leather. Looking at the weapons, he picks up a short sword and a dagger. Then, just for good measure, he adds a bag of caltrops as well. Make sure we keep those keys. You never know when we might need them again. Looking at the crossbows, he says, If there is an extra crossbow, I'd be happy to take one.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by kalstone »

Raknar will take one of the chain shirts, a short sword and a dagger. He will also take a hand crossbow if one is available. He can carry some of the other items too.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by drpete »

The armor fits fine, and you guys are able to outfit yourselves without incident. The rest of the gear is divided among the other prisoners.

You review your options, and find that you have three routes you can take...

North: counterclockwise around the lake to Menzoberranzan (Drow city) and beyond it, Blingdenstone (Deep Gnome city). Either is about a month long journey. Jimjar can guide you to Blingdenstone, and says we can reach the surface from there. Sarith can take you to Menzoberranzan, but advises against going this way, since the Drow presence in that direction is high.

West: straight to the edge of Darklake, and possibly across. It is a week long journey to the lake, but it is crawling with Kuo Toa. Shuushar offers to guide you, and says he knows a place we can get boats.

South: Clockwise around the darklake to Gracklestugh, the Duergar city. This is about a month away, too. Buppido wants to go here, and can get you there.

You can officially replace your "starting gear" with the stuff you have now, including any stuff like spiders you found at the beginning. Thoril is unconscious, but we can consider him to be claiming a new set of gear, if you want.

At this point, you should decide on a destination, or if you want to hang around this area until the rest of the Drow return and/or get out of the webs above. You can also discuss who should take the various journey system roles (guide, scout, hunter & look-out. You can put multiple people in each role to gain advantage, etc.)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by ybn1197 »

Birbal rubs his wrists once the manacles are removed. If there's a short sword available, I can hand my own with it. He then looks around to see if Sprout is with them.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rex »

Brana

"Not sure of the best route, maybe find somewhere to hide and rest up first?"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#49 Post by Scott308 »

Ornthalas Venlen

I don't like the idea of staying nearby for very long. Who knows when one of those flying things may come down here, or the drow put two and two together and come looking for us.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sabyllos: "We should move away from this area before the Drow can collect themselves. Since Shuushar can guide us, lets take that direction for now. As we go, we can consider our options, and perhaps we will come up with a better plan."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rex »

Brana

"OK, forward it is then."

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by kalstone »

Raknar

"Yep. Don't fancy heading towards them drow or tangling with them Duergar either."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by ybn1197 »

Brimbal nods in agreement.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

Brana

Brana will lead the way.

Guide roll [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4
She has cartography but not the tool kit.

Return to “Out of the Abyss (5e)”