Re: Barrack Room (OOC discusions).

#161 Post by Rex »

OK, thanks

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Spearmint »

Gets even better Rex. On full auto (I see you have taken the -10 penalty) you get 5 shots per round.

Semi-auto is 3 shots at no recoil penalty.

Two more attempts please to go with the three misses.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Rex »

Thanks, updated, the last 2 finally connected.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#164 Post by Scott308 »

I don't have anything listed for the flak jacket. I have it listed he is wearing one, but don't know how I should track it, or what it should be at now.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Spearmint »

Flak Jackets

I did think I out something about this in the house rules but apparently not. I posted this reminder of the rule earlier. Edited: original post found in the Damage and Healing section.
Use of flak jackets. I am testing this house rule. It is effective against combat wounds only (bullets, bombs, knives). The jacket may soak up 1hp of damage per HD of damage received, up to a max of 12hp when the jacket becomes useless. So for example get hit by a burst of fire and take three bullet wounds of 3d10 each. Your jacket would reflect 9hp of the damage total. Leaving you, if still standing with a thin 3 hp shield of on your torso.

Track this on your character sheet AC tab.
So if you look at my template sheet (of Marco) then you can see I use the AC tab to record this info. Basically your jacket gives you 12 points, reduce this by 1hp per HD until 0 when you have 'no shield' and need a new jacket.

The actual game rule gives no allowance for personal armour so I housed ruled this to effect a minimal form of damage reduction for players.

I will edit this into my house rules section for future reference.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Leitz »

We may be making an interstate move shortly, will keep you posted. Not sure what my ability to interact will be, but Diego will support the team.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Spearmint »

Cinead

Not sure what happens with the 100 roll.

Roll a [1d100] =100 and you score a 'fumble'. Which means you receive a penalty. These could be things like you drop the knife or the next shot fired automatically misses, the grenade thrown is a dud or your weapon jams and you spend a round restoring it to action.
from the house rules section.

GM dice roll ...

Gun jams spend round to unjam barrel.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Rex »

Got it, since it was his first shot can I do it this round or do I need to wait until next. I will also fix his ammo since I had deducted 5 and only used 1.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Spearmint »

You spend the rest of this round unjamming it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Rex »

OK, thanks.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#171 Post by GreyWolfVT »

sorry I had posted in the games I am running on here that all week I've been dealing with my wife's medical stuff helping at home and what not so I have been away from the forums for the last few days..
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Leitz »

No worries, pardner! Hope your wife is okay; she's the priority.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by The Bindoner »

Absolutely, your wife's health is your top priority.

Hope the move goes smoothly Leitz.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:36 pmHope the move goes smoothly Leitz.
Just found out we're approved for the rental, yay! Now to do the actual move. :P Biggest issue is moving boxes and boxes (and boxes) of books.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Spearmint »

Ok. Bests wishes and health to your wife GreywolfVT. I will produce a macro for your attack action.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Leitz »

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I already had. Still packing, that's my excuse. :)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Bluehorse »

Concerning the two rounds of action for Marco and Rexlin. Can we see where more VC are on the other side where the sniper was or are we firing blind? Or is this supposed to be alert & agility checks to make our way down the ravine ahead of everyone else? I just want to make sure I am clear before I post.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Spearmint »

No. I used your previous alertness pass for Rexlin to find and navigate a route down from the cliff. You scrambled down, close to the rope bridge but still in the jungle. Then moved to check the bridge and take a covering position so that Marco could move up behind you as described in your action post.

However further downstream in the ravine, some alert VC sniper sees your silhouette by the end of the bridge and shoots at you. I used your attack macro to return fire and posted you are convinced you hit the target though he ducked back behind a boulder out of view, 50+ metres away.

You can estimate he/they have a good view of the rope bridge from that position (as I posted you would be exposed traversing it).

I need two rounds of action as this covers the time for the others to leave their foxholes and scramble down.

Glyndwr with his machine gun and position in the foxhole overlooking the rope bridge could 'fire blind' into the ravine, but doing so means he delays following.

I will post a pic of 'view of bridge from ravine' but imagine the bridge is 30+ metres long, and some planks are missing (see other pic).

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#180 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah I was also curious about that thanks for asking Brett.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “Tour of Duty (Revised Recon RPG)”