OOC

Antman9
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#21 Post by wolfpack »

is the outbreak level 1 the game thread?

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Antman9 »

wolfpack wrote:is the outbreak level 1 the game thread?
For Outbreak level 1 yes. Which will technically only last a few RL days. However, my plan is to use it as a log/diary of sorts moving forward, for anyone who wants to use it anyway. But you can also use it for any In-Character chatter/interactions you'd like to do do now. Such as: "Oh F#@%, it looks like the S#!& is about to hit the fan Bob (or whomever you would be talking to)...I'm going to run out and buy supplies/guns/ammo/etc." After we start Outbreak Level 2, we'll use this thread for hindsight/diary purposes I think. I'll make a post tonight showing what I mean. We can stretch Level 1 out if folks want to to do that, I'm ok with that, but figured folks would want to jump in to the thick of it as soon as possible. Thoughts?

If you think you would naturally be inclined to buy supplies/etc at this point, as the RL You, then by all means do that in-game to the extent that you have resources in RL (hopefully that makes sense - if you don't have resources to buy a tank in RL, you wouldn't do that in game ;) )

Outbreak Level 2 will present far more opportunities for role-playing.

Planning to post a more thorough introduction here in the OOCthread later today. Running in circles presently.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Antman9 »

I bumped up the timeline by one day. I got excited and didn't want to bore anyone to death by dragging things out any longer :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I almost wet my pants laughing when I read the president report in Trump's voice.

Tremendous! :lol:

I am still working on my equipment list, but I bet it looks a lot like the other preppers on here. :D

Should have that done by today or tomorrow.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

I must have missed that I will throw a list together when I have a few minutes.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Antman9 »

No worries Rex, OGRE MAGE, plenty of time.

Just want to make sure I'm not boring everyone with all the details, which are mostly for me for campaign planning/consistency. I'm an INTJ, so sometimes it's hard to just wing things.

@OGRE MAGE
:lol: I was hoping that would happen. Funny thing is, most of those words were his actual words from different press conferences, I just changed a few words/sentences to fall in line with the story. In fact, scary as it may be, most of the content I've posted is mostly (65-80%) fact/RL actual stuff. I just change a few things here and there. A few articles were 100% fake, but most were based on RL events/facts.

Hopefully you guys are enjoying this. If not let me know what you'd like to see done differently, and I'll plan appropriately. :)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#27 Post by Scott308 »

I don't really have a list to work on. I have nothing that would really be of much use in this situation- no weapons, other than like kitchen knives so if a masked serial killer ever stalks us in the house, I can stab and "kill" him and then fall victim later when it turns out he wasn't really dead. We aren't outdoorsy types, so no camping gear. And no stockpile of food or supplies. Thanks everyone for carrying me! I'm pretty sure I would not last long in an apocalypse scenario.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

It would be a lot harder for everyone than they think. If you start looking at government reports on estimated survival rates in different disaster type situations it isn't very good. Anything that takes out power and/or transportation for a long time kills lots of people.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Antman9 »

Scott308 wrote:I don't really have a list to work on. I have nothing that would really be of much use in this situation- no weapons, other than like kitchen knives so if a masked serial killer ever stalks us in the house, I can stab and "kill" him and then fall victim later when it turns out he wasn't really dead. We aren't outdoorsy types, so no camping gear. And no stockpile of food or supplies. Thanks everyone for carrying me! I'm pretty sure I would not last long in an apocalypse scenario.
You probably have more than you think you do, even without a "Bug Out Bag."

Consider/Think about the following list. These are things most people have readily available, and may be all you need to get you to a location with more readily available resources. Also keep in mind that your Zombie Apocalypse Survival Group's (your friends. In this case your co-players) resources are a pool of resources, or at least should be, if you all want to survive and thrive.
  1. Mop handle
  2. Food you already have in the pantry (canned/dry)
  3. Kitchen knives
  4. Anything that could be used as a bludgeoning weapon
  5. Kitchen pan, cooking sheet, water carrying devices
  6. Tools: Hammer, screw driver, utility knife
  7. Duct tape/other tape
  8. Rope/Cord
  9. Tire Iron
  10. Cardboard
  11. Trash bags
  12. Rubbing alcohol
  13. Bleach
  14. Sanitary wipes
  15. Pen & Paper
  16. Backpack/duffel bag
  17. Bed sheets, pillow cases
  18. Shower curtain
  19. Clothing (summer/winter)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Antman9 »

Rex wrote:It would be a lot harder for everyone than they think. If you start looking at government reports on estimated survival rates in different disaster type situations it isn't very good. Anything that takes out power and/or transportation for a long time kills lots of people.
This is true :shock:
We forget how good we have it sometimes. ;)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Antman9 »

Some Things to Consider:

Basic Survival
  1. Attitude
    1. The Rule of Three’s. A Human can survive for:
      • 3 minutes without air
      • 3 hours without a regulated body temperature
      • 3 days without water
      • 3 weeks without food
    2. Use “SPEAR”
      • Stop
      • Plan
      • Execute
      • Assess
      • Re-evaluate
  2. Shelter
    1. Shelter Considerations:
      • Location (away from hazards, near resources)
      • Protection
      • Security
      • Access
      • Sustainability
    2. Water
      • The human body is composed of up to 78% water.
      • By maintaining a level attitude, creating a shelter, and obtaining clean water, a person can successfully survive for many weeks.
      • Once public utilities, and celan sources of water dissapear, you'll have to start thinking outside the box.
  3. Food
    • Food often falls very low on the priority list for survival. That's because Humans can live for up to three weeks without it.Stockpile it when you can, ration in between.
    • It's the other "Things" you need to be most worried about.
  4. Skills
    • Attitude: If you can master "Attitude" you'll survive much longer.
    • Think: We tend to forget that skills we possess in one area often translate into others, such as Survival. Keep your wits about you. Use your head. Think about how the skills you possess can be used in the situation at hand.
    • Translate: Even the Analyst sitting at a desk all day long staring at the computer screen crunching numbers and writing code possesses skills that translate into survival scenarios.
    • Reliance: Keep in mind that survival isn't always a "One Man Show." Every successful team knows the strengths and weaknesses of every member. Shine when it's your turn, rely on others when it's theirs.
  5. Other Considerations
    • Stay Together
    • Coordination/Cooperation
    • Pool your resources
    • Hoard the "Good Stuff"
    • Use the "Perishables" before they perish
  6. Remember the 9 Rules of Zombie Survival
    1. Arms & Armor - Protect yourself & others.
    2. Location - Find a place to hole up.
    3. Fortification - Fences are good. Walls are better. Moats are a plus.
    4. Security - Never leave your approaches uncovered. Constant 360 degree security. Roving patrols. Trip lines with noisemakers. Buddy system at all times.
    5. Evac. Plan - Have a way to bolt quickly.
    6. Maintenance - Your guns, generators and vehicles are just junk if they don’t work. Take care of them and they will take care of you.
    7. Resourcing - From the get-go, you should be thinking about the long game; namely, crops and livestock. Raid, scavange, pilfer.
    8. Sanitation/Hygene - Disease and illness tends to cause more casualties than enemy action. Personal cleanliness and hygiene is a must.
    9. Contact Higher - In almost every conceivable apocalypse, unless it’s practically an extinction-level event, some form of government will either remain or reform within months or years. All you have to do is survive until you can make contact. Stock a few commercial, ham and CB radios, and make sure one of your party learns morse code.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by wolfpack »

5 C's of survivability

Cutting - cutting tool
Combustion - ability to make fire
Cover - protection form elements
Container - way to carry and purify water
Cordage - used to build shelters, snares, start fire (bow drill)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by Antman9 »

Thanks wolfpack.

I had a rough week at work last week, lots of overtime. It was budget crunch week, and had several project efforts all spin up at the same time.
So we lost a few days here. My apologies for that. I'll be making a few posts today and this afternoon, detailing our next steps.

Also, We lost Gerrin, for now, is everyone ok to move ahead with just 5 in the party?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

I am OK with it.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

I'm good to move on

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I'm sure he's just having trouble with the radios. He'll probably get it figured out in a little bit. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#37 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sure.

And stop apologizing! :lol:

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by Antman9 »

ksssht..."Roger Roger. Over"...ksssht

;)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#39 Post by Scott308 »

5 players should be ok.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by wolfpack »

how many vehicles are we taking? I believe Nick is combined with me is everyone else separate?

Return to “HeliXSwitch Initiative (Outbreak: Undead 2E)”