[000] Getting started, some rumors

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [000] Getting started, some rumors

#21 Post by sulldawga »

Gigyansh

Vicenç! I am glad to see you. As luck would have it, I can be that patron you seek. Well, my father, to be specific. What do you say?

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by rossik »

Modric wrote:
rossik wrote:
Modric wrote:Samsura

Samsura, new to Baglung, makes his way to Kalika Bhagwati shrine, where he hopes to meet Kajal. While the hospitality of the Rastogi is honorable, their talk of goblins has worn thin.

"Welcome to Baglung, friend! What can i do for you?" asks the friendly fat man with a smile wider than his belly

"Too much talk of goblins at the cadet house. Is there any news here?"

(OOC: DM, any news i can share?)

(After the news)

"My friend, let me invite you for some beverage at the local inn"
And they both go to the tavern, i think

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Pulpatoon wrote:Wening lets out the brief, quiet laugh of someone not used to emoting freely. "The life I had before left me. And my new life brought me here. Which is how the gods will it, I suppose."

As they walk, Wening talks to Prisheena of the many things she has learned to admire about Lamarakhi culture—their cuisine, their songs, their advancements in mathematics.
Prishneena basks in Wening's easy company, listening contentedly as the girl talks about details of Lamarakhi culture that Prishneena does not know about herself. It might only seem a little thing but Prishneena can't recall the last time someone treated her like she was a regular person. She had forgotten how it felt.
Pulpatoon wrote:After Prisheena and Wening learn a bit more, Wening confides in her, "No matter what my master told his father, I think his real reason for heading north is simply a young man's thirst for adventure. Should we find him one? I say we go to the richest noble house we can find, and offer his services as a hunter of bandits. I am confident that this would please my master, and it might serve well to establish you in this area, as well."
Prishneena fixes Wening with an odd, thoughtful expression, part measuring, part something else. After staring at the girl curiously for a long moment she says, "I think I like you Wening with the dark eyes, I know not why I feel I can trust you nor why you would choose to offer me help - perhaps the gods will it so - but, if you contrive to find me work, I would be indebted to you."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Antman9 »

Vicenç Santharam: Human M Thief (HP: 1/1) (AC: 7 – Leather Armor)
Action/Status: Stumbles upon a lead.

Surprised, Vicenç turns to see Gigyansh, "My friend, you surprised me. A good surprise of course. Lucky day it is indeed. Have a drink with me, we'll discuss options." Vicenç orders two drinks from the barkeep and finds an empty table. "I've heard talk of bandits accosting innocent travelers and of a wizard, Devapi I think his name was, taken hostage by Yak-Men. My purse is light these days, and I am want of a heavier burden in that regard. Would your father pay sell-swords such as us to deal with these bandit raiders?"
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Pulpatoon »

Captain Kinkajou wrote: Prishneena fixes Wening with an odd, thoughtful expression, part measuring, part something else. After staring at the girl curiously for a long moment she says, "I think I like you Wening with the dark eyes, I know not why I feel I can trust you nor why you would choose to offer me help - perhaps the gods will it so - but, if you contrive to find me work, I would be indebted to you."
Wening isn't quite sure what to do with a sincere expression of gratitude. She stumbles over her attempt to deflect the odd sense of vulnerability that comes with being thanked. "O-One endeavors to provide satisfaction."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by sulldawga »

Antman9 wrote:Surprised, Vicenç turns to see Gigyansh, "My friend, you surprised me. A good surprise of course. Lucky day it is indeed. Have a drink with me, we'll discuss options." Vicenç orders two drinks from the barkeep and finds an empty table. "I've heard talk of bandits accosting innocent travelers and of a wizard, Devapi I think his name was, taken hostage by Yak-Men. My purse is light these days, and I am want of a heavier burden in that regard. Would your father pay sell-swords such as us to deal with these bandit raiders?"
Gigyansh smiles and pays for the drinks.

I have heard the same rumors. I even went to talk to one of those travelers who was accosted but he was still too weary to speak of the experience.

I know my father will gladly deliver financial support for any endeavor that seeks to repulse these bandits. As far as the wizard goes, that is beyond his interest but the mage himself may be willing to reward us for his freedom. And certainly the goods of the criminals responsible for the abduction would be forfeit, no?

Gigyansh grins and winks.

Let us see about securing more sellswords. The two of us are formidable, no doubt, but greater strength lies in greater numbers.

Deducting 5 sp for drinks and tip

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by ffilz »

Modric wrote:SamsuraSamsura, new to Baglung, makes his way to Kalika Bhagwati shrine, where he hopes to meet Kajal. While the hospitality of the Rastogi is honorable, their talk of goblins has worn thin.
rossik wrote:"Welcome to Baglung, friend! What can i do for you?" asks the friendly fat man with a smile wider than his belly
Modric wrote:"Too much talk of goblins at the cadet house. Is there any news here?"
rossik wrote:(OOC: DM, any news i can share?)

(After the news)

"My friend, let me invite you for some beverage at the local inn"
And they both go to the tavern, i think
News to share: An avalanche has entirely swept away a rich monastery with all its treasures.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ffilz »

Antman9 wrote: Vicenç Santharam: Human M Thief (HP: 1/1) (AC: 7 – Leather Armor)

Surprised, Vicenç turns to see Gigyansh, "My friend, you surprised me. A good surprise of course. Lucky day it is indeed. Have a drink with me, we'll discuss options." Vicenç orders two drinks from the barkeep and finds an empty table. "I've heard talk of bandits accosting innocent travelers and of a wizard, Devapi I think his name was, taken hostage by Yak-Men. My purse is light these days, and I am want of a heavier burden in that regard. Would your father pay sell-swords such as us to deal with these bandit raiders?"
As Gigyansh and Vincenc look for a table, they spot their acquaintance Kajal at a table with someone perhaps a warrior from Sughd and they seem to be talking about the bandit problem also.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by sulldawga »

ffilz wrote:As Gigyansh and Vincenc look for a table, they spot their acquaintance Kajal at a table with someone perhaps a warrior from Sughd and they seem to be talking about the bandit problem also.
Gigyansh walks over to Kajal's table and says, Do you mind if we join you? I have a business proposition for you, Kajal, and perhaps for your friend as well.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Pulpatoon »

After wandering the streets and learning a bit about the structures of power and authority in Baglung, Wening realizes that they were best served back where they started: at House Subramanian. She's happy for the journey however, for both the chance to get to see the sights of this exotic new city, and to get to know Prishneena better.

Returning to their accommodations, she reports to Hanarl her intentions to petition the house for sponsoring a foray against the bandits. She introduces Prishneena to her master, and suggests that she be part of the expedition.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Antman9 »

Vicenç Santharam: Human M Thief (HP: 1/1) (AC: 7 – Leather Armor)

Vicenç thanks Gigyansh for the drink and follows him to Kajal's table. "Good day Kajal. Good to see you again, and to meet your friend. Seems as though we are all of a same mind today. Bandits! and a healthy purse." Vicenç smiles and takes a seat when offered, otherwise he stands and engages in conversation, while drinking his free drink.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by redwarrior »

Pulpatoon wrote:After wandering the streets and learning a bit about the structures of power and authority in Baglung, Wening realizes that they were best served back where they started: at House Subramanian. She's happy for the journey however, for both the chance to get to see the sights of this exotic new city, and to get to know Prishneena better.

Returning to their accommodations, she reports to Hanarl her intentions to petition the house for sponsoring a foray against the bandits. She introduces Prishneena to her master, and suggests that she be part of the expedition.

Hanarl

This sounds like a capital idea Wening, we shall do as you suggest. Welcome, Prishneena. Wening's vouchsafing of you is as good as any letter of introduction. I would be honored to have you accompany us on our adventure. Now, I need to make my manners to Gigyansh. I fear that in my exhaustion I was inexcusably rude as he attempted to make my acquaintance. Wening, could I trouble you to pen a letter of thanks to House Subramanian for its hospitality? I find myself anxious to seek adventure.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Pulpatoon »

Wening takes down Hanarl's dictation in neat, officious calligraphy, and then departs to deliver it by hand and make her master's case.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Prishneena

Prishneena is quite content to simply tag along with Wening on her wanderings. She finds she enjoys Wening's company very much; the sound of Wening's voice, even just her comfortable presence at Prishneena's side. Prishneena finds herself pretending the two of them are friends and likes how it feels. Then she starts wondering if maybe they are friends. She can't remember if she's ever actually had a friend before or how you can tell if someone is one, but she's pretty sure a friend is supposed to be nice to you and Wening has been nice to her, so maybe they are. After mulling it over for a while, Prishneena decides that they are, partly because the gods have obviously willed it to be so and mostly because she wants it to be true.

At her introduction to Wening's master, Hanarl, Prishneena grins somewhat inanely, feeling anxious and unsure of what to do or say to someone else's 'master'. In her old life she would have been forced to grovel like an animal and submit to abuse or suffer beatings until she did, but that was before. Hanarl seemed very different to any 'masters' she had come across before.

Hoping not to mess it all up, she says eventually, "Thank you. I am looking forward to killing bandits with you too."

Hanarl seems sufficiently satisfied with this response and Prishneena breathes an inward sigh of relief.

That was now two people that had treated her like a person in one day. It left her feeling like a fraud. Any moment, they would realise she was nothing more than an escaped slave and not a proper warrior at all. Then it would all be ruined. She desperately hoped she had the chance to prove herself before that happened.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by rossik »

"I propose we look for a team, to explore this place"

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by ffilz »

I think everyone is on board with bandit suppression.

I think Prishneena, Hanarl, and Wenig are going back to house Subramanian to arrange backing.

Meanwhile in a bar, Kajal, Gigyansh, and Vincenc are talking about bandit suppression, and Gigyansh is about to lead the way back to house Subramanian to get backing from his uncle, whence of course they will meet up with Prishneena, Hanarl, and Wenig.

Samsura had been chatting with Kajal, I'll assume he's followed along to the bar as well.

So if I'm right in all of that, the party has gathered in the office of Rohit Subramanian and are laying out a proposal for bandit suppression, so let's hear from the party what their ideas and needs are. Rohit seems pleased that such a young motivated group is willing to join the efforts to deal with the bandits.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Pulpatoon »

Wening bows deeply and play hype-man. "Exalted Lord, Rohit Subramanian, I present my master, Hanarl, son of the Krishna Hassain, patriarch from Raja Hanari, come to this land from the One Hundred Kingdoms. My master is as renowned for his valor as he is in his devotion to all-consuming Tantor and sweet are the songs of praise to him, sung by kohl-eyed maidens from the bowers of Raja Hanari!

"Having arrived only this morning in your city, his keen regard has perceived the malady that afflicts Baglung—bandits on the highway. O Perfidy! O Vice! How many riches have been snatched away before they could be spent in these markets? How much innocent blood has been shed? How many caravans have turned their passage from Baglung's gates when word of this danger reached them?

"But Brave Hanari is not one to let depravity linger unpunished. See, already, he has gathered about him a host of heroes to hunt down these bandits! Look upon their noble continences, their well-formed bodies, their terrible weapons! What lord would not be proud to send such as these out on a mission of justice? How the other nobles will envy the honor heaped on the one with the honor and foresight to issue such a command! To be patron to legend!"

Her introduction complete, she meekly slips back among the group to let the others speak.

Modric
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by Modric »

Samsura

Samsura, quietly listening to the discussion of bandits, agrees to the expedition.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by sulldawga »

Gigyansh

Finish your drinks, my good sirs, and let us return to my uncle's house. I think he will be pleased with our enthusiasm for dismantling this bandit enterprise.

Gigyansh leads them back home and makes introductions with his uncle.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Prishneena

Prishneena listens carefully to Wening's eloquent and flattering introduction and does her best to appear deferential to the 'Exalted Lord' while also as fierce and heroic as Wening describes. It's not an easy balance to achieve but their prospective patron seems happy with their credentials and quite willing to accept any aid being offered to help with the bandits. He doesn't scrutinise them too greatly.

Return to “Frank's Yoon Suin (OD&D|BX)”