The adventure begins

wolfpack
Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: The adventure begins

#21 Post by Gerrin »

Sandarin Highhill

The young paladin leans in close to Moony.
"Have you heard of anything like this before?"
Last edited by Gerrin on Wed May 01, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Spearmint »

Moony scratches his beard and thinks for a moment.

"Walls of vines and branches. Could be some tree hugging druids wanting a bit of privacy and some of them have even gone 'vegetarian'." he says it like it is dangerous, while dipping his bread in the last of the meaty stew.

"On the other hand, the sense of strangeness or creepiness is at odds with them folk. At lot of rain passed in four days so following a blood trail is out but wounded beasts leave prints and bent twigs in a hurry to get away.Be nice and tender for us to roast when we find it."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Stirling »

Saxony Quinn

"If the woods are in the direction we travel, it is not so far out the way. Might even be a short cut. Anyways, branches and twigs ain't much before our axes. Any traps still about and Allan can disable them."

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by redwarrior »

Phillonious,

Aye, let's go see what there is to see. Perhaps some adventure, if not at least a chance to stretch our muscles.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by wolfpack »

spanningtree wrote:Perhaps, you take us as close as you can to this wall? Approaching the hunter, Ruthgar will offer his hand. I am Adept Ruthgar, maybe we can lend some assistance here. Gesturing to his friends with his other hand.

At the mention of returning the man seems to get a little nervous.

I uh I'm just a hunter. I'm no coward, the two times goblin raiders came I took up my bow an fought, but this thing in the wood....

The hairs on the back of neck stood up and to be honest I ran in fear.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by spanningtree »

Yes, my son, alone deep in the forest while presented with the unknown would make anyone apprehensive. Could you draw us a map in the dirt outside to set us on the right path, so that we might also discover what you did? With a shrug. Has the local constable been made aware of what you have witnessed?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by wolfpack »

the man looks down at his mug.

I have known Gilbert since we were tykes, we grew up bushcrafting together....

I'll take you, not all the way, but into the wood and close enough you can find the spot. meet me west just outside of town at sunrise. I am guessing you have no horses so it will be a 2 day travel by foot.

With that the hunter chugs down the rest of his ale, wipes his mouth, and leaves.

actions.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Stirling »

Saxony

nods head in approval (and douses burning character in background).

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Gerrin »

Sandarin Highhill

"I am ready to help the villagers from any danger that is threatening them."

The young man stands, tightens his sword belt and looks to his companions.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by spanningtree »

Agreed, providing what assistance we can builds a vigorous soul. We regroup at sunrise... in the meantime a few more mugs of ale are in order, also good for the soul. Ruthgar with drink a few more mugs with his companions before turning in at a responsible time.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by redwarrior »

Phillionous

Indeed, let's hoist a few more and enjoy one last night under a roof!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by ravenn4544 »

Allan, all too familiar with the habits of his comrades, leaves them to their revelry. He slips out as he often does to spare himself hearing the same tales of glory and battle over again. Instead he examines the area where they will meet up tomorrow. After surveying the layout he will focus some time on his progress.

He starts with light breathing and meditation. Calming his mind and spirit to release the imbalances that occur day to day. A few minutes - or sometimes several - is requires to find the equilibrium of the mind and body before proceeding with his forms and exercises.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Gerrin »

Sandarin Highhill

Leaving his companions to their drinking, the young man makes his way to their room.
Removing his armor and weapons, Sandarin kneels and spends his time in prayer and meditation to his lord Marduk.
After a suitable time he takes to his bed.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by wolfpack »

Your party wakes early and meets outside of town. The hunter, Dilbert, is already there waiting. he has on a dark green cloak and well worn boots. On his back he has a wooden frame pack covered in canvas, the kind long hunters wear to carry back the game they butcher in the field. On one side of the pack is strapped a hand axe and on the other a short bow. On his hips are a bone handled hunting knife in a worn leather sheath and a quiver of arrows.

He greets you as you arrive.

It is along road ahead, we will walk all day stopping only for a quick bite until we camp fpor the eve.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Spearmint »

Moony

raises an eye regarding the mans gear, just a simple trapper? No matter, the ranger will follow and speak with the man regarding the wood, it's denizens. what kind of creatures he hunts and knowledge of who he sells the pelts to. He offers a short prayer 'to the Hunter and for the hunt' as they begin their trek, pouring out a libation of ale in anticipation of a successful trip.

He has prayed and sacrificed (a pigeon bought from the inn), to be wise enough to cast the divine mercies for the following blessings if needed.

Bless
Cure Light Wounds
Sanctuary

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by spanningtree »

G'morn. Aye, let's make the most of this day and put our feet on the road. Ruthgar adjusts his pack in anticipation of the long day.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Stirling »

Saxony

comes out of the inn, a little bloodshot in the eyes and bedraggled of hair. You are not sure if the due cause was was a wild night with a tavern wench or if he ended the evening drunk in the stables.

At least his sword is sharper than his wits and he is ready to go.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by redwarrior »

Phillonious is ready to go, having gotten up early to get in his daily exercises and pack his gear. With his sword sling over his shoulder and using his spear as a walking stick, he is obnoxiously cheerful and ready to get started.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by wolfpack »

The man seems very knowledgeable about the local lands. He is a hunter his friend is the trapper who has disappeared.

He tells you he mainly hunts deer and wild boar which are common in the thickwood and he supplies the inn and much of the town residents with both.

You travel on a dirt road that looks mostly to have been made by continued wagon use. Dilbert informs you the "road" leads to Hann the village on the hill. The rock mined at the quarry is sent to Hann where the mason guild is located. Hann is the biggest village in the region.

he tells you that you will follow the road for about 1/2 a day before turning off and traveling across the open plains towards the thickwood.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Spearmint »

Moony

after a wild night in the tavern and stable, it is obvious that Saxony struggles to keep up. So Moony helps him out whilst singing:

"The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know