Off Topic all things OOC

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Off Topic all things OOC

#121 Post by Cwreando »

LOL...I meant Drex was not attacking correctly. I updated it. Drex is now attacking correctly. :lol:
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#122 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cwreando wrote:LOL...I meant Drex was not attacking correctly. I updated it. Drex is now attacking correctly. :lol:
Alright. :shock:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#123 Post by Scott308 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Alright to clarify or break it down each round is only 6 seconds so that daze duration says 1 minute and that'd take us 10 rounds so by round 11 if the fight is still active they will come out of the daze. I didn't decide to rule on it like sleep were if attacked the creatures return to normal and fight back but i very well could have.
The description for Hypnotic Pattern states that the spell ends for an affected creature if it takes damage.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#124 Post by Scott308 »

Tarlyn, I don't think you are allocating your attacks quite right. Because of your level, you get two attacks, so right hand attacks enemy A and again attacks enemy A. So far, so good. Using your bonus action to attack with your left hand, you target enemy B. Again, so far so good. The problem is the fourth attack. Hordebreaker states that once on your turn when you make a weapon attack, you can use that same weapon to make an additional attack against a different creature. It doesn't state "when taking the Attack action" which would be your primary weapon, so it could be the attack you made as a bonus action. Basically, the fourth attack is right hand attacking enemy B or left hand attacking enemy A.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#125 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Alright to clarify or break it down each round is only 6 seconds so that daze duration says 1 minute and that'd take us 10 rounds so by round 11 if the fight is still active they will come out of the daze. I didn't decide to rule on it like sleep were if attacked the creatures return to normal and fight back but i very well could have.
The description for Hypnotic Pattern states that the spell ends for an affected creature if it takes damage.
Alright I wasn't entirely sure on that but i was also trying to save getting people killed in the first fight too. Thanks for the assistance\information Scott.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by tarlyn »

Scott308 wrote:Tarlyn, I don't think you are allocating your attacks quite right. Because of your level, you get two attacks, so right hand attacks enemy A and again attacks enemy A. So far, so good. Using your bonus action to attack with your left hand, you target enemy B. Again, so far so good. The problem is the fourth attack. Hordebreaker states that once on your turn when you make a weapon attack, you can use that same weapon to make an additional attack against a different creature. It doesn't state "when taking the Attack action" which would be your primary weapon, so it could be the attack you made as a bonus action. Basically, the fourth attack is right hand attacking enemy B or left hand attacking enemy A.
So basically I have been missing an attack every round if I understand that right?
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Scott308

#127 Post by Scott308 »

No. You still had four attacks. Whichever one you use with the hoardbreaker ability just needs to be against a different opponent. You get two attacks for your level. These are your attacks with your right hand against opponent A. The hoardbreaker allows you to make an extra attack with the same weapon against a different opponent within 5' of the first. This is made with the right hand against opponent B. You may then take a bonus action to attack with your off-hand, which becomes your attack with the left hand. This attack can be made against either opponent; you chose to attack opponent B. Mechanically, you should have had +1 to hit/ damage for the first attack on opponent B in your last post.

GreyWolfVT

#128 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I appreciate the assistance Scott. I'm far from expert with 5e but I do like the help.

GreyWolfVT

#129 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry I know I owe a battle summary post. I'm still dealing with job hunting and interviews plus car repairs I'll try to post tonight.

Scott308

Re: Part 1: Northam & Mistlevy

#130 Post by Scott308 »

Mist, in order to get 4 attacks, you have to attack two different targets with your main weapon. That is in the description of your feat. You can attack whoever you want with the second attack, same with the bonus attack. Basically, you'll make three attacks with your main weapon, and they have to be made against at least two targets who are within 5' of each other. You only get one attack (this is from your bonus action) with your off-hand weapon.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Part 1: Northam & Mistlevy

#131 Post by tarlyn »

Now I get it.

So used to 2e and a little bit of 3.5.

GreyWolfVT

#132 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thank you again Scott. This is why I am glad to have someone that is more familiar with 5e than I am the help and information is very much appreciated and I know Dave has also helped with this as well. For me I have to look things like this up and can't always do so at work. So again I thank you Scott it's a big help.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#133 Post by tarlyn »

So once Mist's 1st foe dies Mist wil only get 2 attacks, plus one more?

Scott308

#134 Post by Scott308 »

Correct. If there is only one opponent, he will not be able to use his Horde Breaker feature, so he'll get two attacks with the main weapon and one with the off-hand if he attacks with his bonus action.

Scott308

#135 Post by Scott308 »

tarlyn wrote:Mist

Keeping up his attacks on both his foes.

Ixtapi

Attack 1 on Ixtapi [1d20+9] = 1+9 = 10

2nd Attack on Ixtapi [1d20+9] = 7+9 = 16

Damage from 2nd Attack [1d6+6] = 2+6 = 8

1st Attack [1d20+8] = 17+8 = 25

1st Attack Damage [1d6+5] = 2+5 = 7

Stormwyt

2nd Attack [1d20+8] = 5+8 = 13

So That is 3 attacks on the Ixtapi and one which is a miss on the Stormwyt
Does a 14 hit the Stormwyt? Because that attack has to be made with the first weapon, giving it an additional +1.

Maybe it'll be easier if you do your attacks a bit differently. Make your first attack, then immediately make your horde breaker attack on the other opponent. After that, make your second attack and then your bonus attack.

GreyWolfVT

#136 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Most all of the creatures need at 15 at min to hit. Stormwyt is 16.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#137 Post by tarlyn »

Scott308 wrote:
tarlyn wrote:Mist

Keeping up his attacks on both his foes.

Ixtapi

Attack 1 on Ixtapi [1d20+9] = 1+9 = 10

2nd Attack on Ixtapi [1d20+9] = 7+9 = 16

Damage from 2nd Attack [1d6+6] = 2+6 = 8

1st Attack [1d20+8] = 17+8 = 25

1st Attack Damage [1d6+5] = 2+5 = 7

Stormwyt

2nd Attack [1d20+8] = 5+8 = 13

So That is 3 attacks on the Ixtapi and one which is a miss on the Stormwyt
Does a 14 hit the Stormwyt? Because that attack has to be made with the first weapon, giving it an additional +1.

Maybe it'll be easier if you do your attacks a bit differently. Make your first attack, then immediately make your horde breaker attack on the other opponent. After that, make your second attack and then your bonus attack.
Sure , I can try that next attack!

GreyWolfVT

#138 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright so RL appears to be sorting out nicely, car fixed, job offer on the table. I think I will be able to get the game back to a more normalized pace soon.

Scott308

#139 Post by Scott308 »

Good to hear. That's gotta be a ton of stress you were dealing with.

GreyWolfVT

#140 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Good to hear. That's gotta be a ton of stress you were dealing with.
Absolutely I don't have to keep applying and interviewing and getting turned down... Stress is over. Plus i don't have to worry about my hours being cut and losing 22k a year in salary.

Return to “Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin (5e)”