Vince in WA

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Vince in WA

#1 Post by redwarrior »

Hi!
I'm brand new to play-by-post (as in this will be my first one!), I have an account here and on the Unseen Servant Dice Roller.
I took a many years break from roleplaying. I played the "basic D&D boxed set, AD&D 1st edition for many years, and AD&D Second edition was the last I played with any regularity, and that was a LOOONG time ago. 3-4 months back I started playing a Deadlands campaign IRL, and that sparked to bug to get back into medieval fantasy role playing.

So, I've got the concepts, but have no idea what I'm doing with the format/etc. Excited to get started!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Vince in WA

#2 Post by ffilz »

redwarrior wrote:Hi!
I'm brand new to play-by-post (as in this will be my first one!), I have an account here and on the Unseen Servant Dice Roller.
I took a many years break from roleplaying. I played the "basic D&D boxed set, AD&D 1st edition for many years, and AD&D Second edition was the last I played with any regularity, and that was a LOOONG time ago. 3-4 months back I started playing a Deadlands campaign IRL, and that sparked to bug to get back into medieval fantasy role playing.

So, I've got the concepts, but have no idea what I'm doing with the format/etc. Excited to get started!
Good to have you aboard. Play by post is definitely slower than face to face, on the other hand, players who like more wordy role play can do so without so much impact on the game (though if there's a lot of back and forth, the action can get buried). Once I'm ready for chargen, I'll invite folks to use the dice roller to roll up attributes and then you can choose race and class and then there will be a few random rolls for origin.

Then you finish up your character as normal.

I'll be asking for an e-mail address you can use to log into Google Docs where I will keep a document with everyone's character and campaign notes with everyone able to edit it.

Once actual play starts, you make statements of action, ask questions, coordinate with other players and make rolls when I call for them. Pretty simple...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Return to “Frank's Yoon Suin (OD&D|BX)”