Any OOC chatter

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Any OOC chatter

#41 Post by Gerrin »

Just as a heads up about the atmosphere scrubbers. The system mentioned is to the south of you. You're current destination is in the same system.

personalpariah
Scout
Scout

#42 Post by personalpariah »

Oh my bad. I swear I thought we were in System 508, traveling to 606, which would put 607 in our path.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Marullus »

That's okay, at least you had a clue! The planet Ahiri wasn't on our planet list so I never had any idea. ;)

personalpariah
Scout
Scout

#44 Post by personalpariah »

It was in the Sector Map and Information page:
The system of Kham (0508) located in the sector known as Phiteol Upsilon was left relatively untouched by the Scream.
Kinda just assumed that was where we were starting.

lordgrimli
Strider
Strider

#45 Post by lordgrimli »

Should we be using Suns of Gold for all trading? I can make those rolls if you would like me to, although it would be my first time actually making a trade in SWN (Im excited!!)

Liaozhai
Scout
Scout

#46 Post by Liaozhai »

I guess that depends on how much trading we want to do as a party? I'm certainly game, though I've never cracked open the SoG PDF to know how much conversion is necessary for the revised edition. PbP seems like a format that allows us to have these different subsystems running in the background?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by kalstone »

I’m currently traveling, so I won’t be able to post as much. I’ll try to check in once per day.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Faanku »

Liaozhai wrote:With his small contribution, they only required 3204 Credits for necessary repairs on Persephone for the rest of the month.
Regarding this; the "Monthly Upkeep" is a holdover from 1e iirc (though I actually cannot find a mention of it anywhere in either book) and represented the interest payments owed on the ship were it leased (it equalled .5% of the ship's total value.) The only overheads we have outside of refuelling at ¥500/tank are the daily life support (¥20 per crewmen per day, so ¥120/day,) crew wages (which are ¥0 right now, as we have no NPC crewmen) and the biannual ship maintenance at 5% of the ship's value. Assuming we outright own the Persephone, our current financial obligations to the old girl are as follows:

Code: Select all

Total Ship Value:    ¥1,420,000
6 Month Maintenance: ¥71,000
Daily Life Support:  ¥120
As things stand, we have just under 6 months to find ¥67,796 to keep Persephone in tip top shape; plus we need to eat!

lordgrimli
Strider
Strider

#49 Post by lordgrimli »

Liaozhai wrote:I guess that depends on how much trading we want to do as a party? I'm certainly game, though I've never cracked open the SoG PDF to know how much conversion is necessary for the revised edition. PbP seems like a format that allows us to have these different subsystems running in the background?
Yes, its effectively up to the GM, as they are separate systems. Im interested in doing a fair amount of trading, in that we dont go (far) out of our way to do it but take advantage when we can. We have expenses, yo.

personalpariah
Scout
Scout

#50 Post by personalpariah »

Liaozhai wrote:I guess that depends on how much trading we want to do as a party? I'm certainly game, though I've never cracked open the SoG PDF to know how much conversion is necessary for the revised edition. PbP seems like a format that allows us to have these different subsystems running in the background?
I too haven't taken a wack at SoG. Definitely going to read it now that I have a game hopefully trade is a possibility.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by Gerrin »

I fine with whatever you guys want to try (within reason), so trading is perfectly acceptable.

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by Gerrin »

Apologies for the confusion about the starting system. I'll try and be clearer in future.

personalpariah
Scout
Scout

#53 Post by personalpariah »

Btw, the SWN: Revised core book has some quick Intersteller Trade rules if we don't want to dive too deeply into trading. Located on page 235.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Marullus »

Yeah, streamlined versions of most supplement rules are in the big revised omnibus - he just left out the color. From my quick look, it seems like Suns of Gold has lots of planet/plot generators for Garrin to use. I am interested in knowing what bits pique your interest as a player so I can check them out.

Liaozhai
Scout
Scout

#55 Post by Liaozhai »

Gerrin wrote:Apologies for the confusion about the starting system. I'll try and be clearer in future.
No worries mate, it's a lot to keep track of!

Liaozhai
Scout
Scout

#56 Post by Liaozhai »

Faanku wrote:
Liaozhai wrote:With his small contribution, they only required 3204 Credits for necessary repairs on Persephone for the rest of the month.
Regarding this; the "Monthly Upkeep" is a holdover from 1e iirc (though I actually cannot find a mention of it anywhere in either book) and represented the interest payments owed on the ship were it leased (it equalled .5% of the ship's total value.) The only overheads we have outside of refuelling at ¥500/tank are the daily life support (¥20 per crewmen per day, so ¥120/day,) crew wages (which are ¥0 right now, as we have no NPC crewmen) and the biannual ship maintenance at 5% of the ship's value. Assuming we outright own the Persephone, our current financial obligations to the old girl are as follows:

Code: Select all

Total Ship Value:    ¥1,420,000
6 Month Maintenance: ¥71,000
Daily Life Support:  ¥120
As things stand, we have just under 6 months to find ¥67,796 to keep Persephone in tip top shape; plus we need to eat!
Thanks for catching this, this is great!

Am I interpreting this correctly? When we're in space, it costs us ¥20 per PC head per day, ¥120 for any NPC crew members we pick up + refuelling costs as discussed. Living expenses outside the ship depend on the kind of lifestyle the player leads. I'll edit my last post to reflect our new financial reality... in the future, I suppose we'll take living expenses and the like into account before we divvy up payment?

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Faanku »

Liaozhai wrote:Am I interpreting this correctly? When we're in space, it costs us ¥20 per PC head per day, ¥120 for any NPC crew members we pick up + refuelling costs as discussed.
Aye, that's correct. The ¥20 per head covers food, water and basic life support when aboard the ship, shit like heat, light, toothbrushes, average clothing etc. For reference, the cost is halfway between a Common and Good lifestyle planetside, so it's assumed that we're paying for minor or inconsequential maintenance to utilities aboard the ship as well as just bread and water.
As an aside, it takes 4 days to refuel from a star using our scoops, so it's going to save us just ¥20 in total to top ourselves up "for free," and take far longer to do. Definitely an emergency measure, unless we're looking to kill time.
Liaozhai wrote:in the future, I suppose we'll take living expenses and the like into account before we divvy up payment?
That seems like the wise thing to do; our ¥20 each upkeep also represents some minor luxuries we can assume are paid out of our own wages.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Antman9 »

I totally did not think about the upkeep costs from that perspective. Thanks for the reminder Faanku I'll get some of that data added to the Known Campaign Info & Stats thread.

Sorry for delay in posts the last couple of days. Had a rough few days at work. That doesn't happen all the time, just every few weeks or so.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

personalpariah
Scout
Scout

#59 Post by personalpariah »

I'm not dead, just in a crunch period at work. I'll be able to post this weekend.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Antman9 »

personalpariah...Question?

So you're character is a Gravcar VI. Which means you are integrated with the Gravcar and cannot be removed. Also, you have a Primitive Drone which you've been controlling remotely to move about the Persephone. The VI requires one Type B cell per week to operate away from readily-available-current. Your Primitive Drone requires 1 Type A cell per hour to operate and has a max control range of 500 m (0.311 miles). The Primitive Drone only has 1 hp. Also, Remote Control of drones is blocked on TL4 planets by wireless jammers in TL4 cities.

If you were an AI, you would be installed in an Armature, and so we would be able to move your Armature, fairly easily from one unit to another (theoretically we would be able to move you from the Gravcar to the Drone - though I couldn't find anything that said one way or another that the drone had an armature, or that an armature could be installed in it.

Any ideas how we are going to navigate with these restrictions? I wonder if there will be wide enough space (roads) for you to navigate on the Ahiri's surface. Don't get me wrong, I am loving your Gravcar VI. And defy want to do everything we can to make it work. Just want to make sure we have your character covered. :) Perhaps Gerrin might give us a bit of creative leeway/liberty here :D

VI Vehicle Bot
Many VI vehicles purchase a drone or humanoid robot body to carry on board and employ for remote operation in areas unsuitable for a vehicle; you can pilot a single surrogate body in lieu of your own Main Action, provided there’s no ECM to jam the control transmissions. VIs are intimately connected to their specific hardware,
and cannot be transplanted into new forms.

Piloting a Drone
Piloting a drone requires either a cybernetic drone control link as described on page 83 or a handheld control unit that comes with the drone. A control link can pilot up to one drone plus the user’s Program skill at any one time. Handheld units can pilot only one. Drones consume one type A power cell for every hour of use.

Primitive drones represent the best flying portable drone technology for TL3 worlds. While fragile, weak, and short-ranged, they are also relatively cheap. Max Range: 500 m (0.311 miles)
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Return to “Into the Unknown (Stars Without Numbers)”