OOC Thread

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#181 Post by max_vale »

I believe I've said it before, but it bears repeating.....Theket is hillarious! :)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by onlyme »

I think we need to hammer more than one nail in. If not, how do we untie it and go back up?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by ChubbyPixie »

We all have pretty good unassisted climb skill, right? We could tie the rope down below for the 50' drop, then whoever's still up top could free climb down to the rope.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by max_vale »

Good point....I nominate Pol to be the last one down.....:)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by max_vale »

Ummm....I'm not sure what to post next; I believe Pol is the furthest one along and the one to begin the last part of the descent....or am I missing something?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by onlyme »

Since the rope is just long enough to go from the floor to the ceiling, there is no overlap of rope going up the chute. I would assume it is tied at the spike at the lowest part available in the chute, which would make climbing off the rope onto the walls nearly impossible. I think we need to use a few more spikes to build footholds in the chute to at least make the transition from rope to wall manageable.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#188 Post by Vargr1105 »

Climbling the shaft is not impossible, it works pretty much like any other climb walls test. But if you slip and fall...well it's a dozy until you reach the ground. Hammering spikes along the shaft would make climbing easier, of course.

At the moment the rope it still tied to the top edge of the shaft with Ull tied to its end and hanging at the bottom of the shaft, just where it open on the ceiling of the new large pipe. Pol is hanging on the rope just above Ull and as just hammered in a spike.

Come on folks, post and state what your character are doing.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:Climbling the shaft is not impossible, it works pretty much like any other climb walls test. But if you slip and fall...well it's a dozy until you reach the ground. Hammering spikes along the shaft would make climbing easier, of course.

At the moment the rope it still tied to the top edge of the shaft with Ull tied to its end and hanging at the bottom of the shaft, just where it open on the ceiling of the new large pipe. Pol is hanging on the rope just above Ull and as just hammered in a spike.

Again... I dont see how we can tie the rope to the single spike while hanging onto the wall. We need a few more spikes driven in to give us something to hold onto as we transition. Ull is hanging around, so he cant do it. I dont know if Pol has other spikes or he needs to go up and get more.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by ChubbyPixie »

onlyme wrote:
Vargr1105 wrote:Climbling the shaft is not impossible, it works pretty much like any other climb walls test. But if you slip and fall...well it's a dozy until you reach the ground. Hammering spikes along the shaft would make climbing easier, of course.

Again... I dont see how we can tie the rope to the single spike while hanging onto the wall. We need a few more spikes driven in to give us something to hold onto as we transition. Ull is hanging around, so he cant do it. I dont know if Pol has other spikes or he needs to go up and get more.
Jeeminy crickets.
Maybe we can fast forward to the time when this has already happened without everybody having to post every step of it:

1. Pol and Ull climb up to the top using the rope.
2. Pol climbs back down to the spike at the bottom and hammers in another spike.
(dex roll here)
Dexterity check: [1d20] = 16 = FAIL

3. (He either drops a spike or falls due to failed roll, DMs choice. If he drops a spike, someone throws him another one and he tries again.
Dexterity check: [1d20] = 10 = SUCCESS
If he falls, I assume he's dead.)

4. Pol pulls up the dangling end of the rope and figure-eights it expertly around the two spikes a couple of times and ties it off. Then he hangs on to the wall. (climb roll here)
[1d100] = 16 = SUCCESS

5. Someone up top unties the rope up there and throws it down. (ta da!) A rope is now dangling from the bottom of the shaft. Now everybody just has to roll under 94% or whatever to climb down to the rope. Pol is already there, hanging onto the wall. He'll go down the rope first. (If he's not dead.)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Hey, fellows. It occurs to me that the above post came out a bit testy. My apologies. No offense intended. I was running off to catch train and didn't look back over it to edit for tone.

Still, I think it's a pretty good plan. One that should leave us dangling about 4 feet over our certain doom down below...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by onlyme »

Ull is ok with that plan.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#193 Post by Vargr1105 »

Pol now has an extra spike available courtesy of Theket's mouth.

If you folks would prefer just come up with the plan here and I'll say who has to roll for what exactly, if at all.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:Pol now has an extra spike available courtesy of Theket's mouth.
If you folks would prefer just come up with the plan here and I'll say who has to roll for what exactly, if at all.
My recommendation would be for Pol to drive that one spike in near enough the current one at the bottom of the vertical. Ull tie the lower end of the rope to the lowest spike, and start climbing down that part of the rope. This puts the pressure on the lower knot only.

Pol then climbs down same part of rope. One of the upper brothers untie the upper knot, so it can fall to the floor. Ull and Pol climb down the rest of the rope.

Then either

Theket, Lipput and Unn climb down the shaft until they get to the rope.

OR, they wait to see if Pol and Ull find the lens quickly before risking the drop.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by ChubbyPixie »

onlyme wrote:
Vargr1105 wrote:Pol now has an extra spike available courtesy of Theket's mouth.
My recommendation would be for Pol to drive that one spike in near enough the current one at the bottom of the vertical. Ull tie the lower end of the rope to the lowest spike, and start climbing down that part of the rope. This puts the pressure on the lower knot only.

Pol then climbs down same part of rope. One of the upper brothers untie the upper knot, so it can fall to the floor. Ull and Pol climb down the rest of the rope.

Then either

Theket, Lipput and Unn climb down the shaft until they get to the rope.

OR, they wait to see if Pol and Ull find the lens quickly before risking the drop.
That works for me. Though I have a feeling we'll all need to be on the floor before we start poking around. I just can't imagine something isn't somewhere nearby. A vicious snail. Or a diabolical... floating... weevil. Or something. We should all die together.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#196 Post by Vargr1105 »

Getting paranoid, are we? :)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by onlyme »

I agree we probably need all the brothers. Does anyone not approve of this plan, assuming all 5 come down?

Heard from Ull and Pol.
Theket?
Lipput?
Onn (you still here?)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by max_vale »

I'm good....just posted and am following the 'genius' of the group. (Theket.....:) )

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#199 Post by Vargr1105 »

Ok, I need a roll call. All players who see this please give a shout out.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by onlyme »

I shouted but no one heard me.

Return to “IM15 Round the Bend”