OOC Thread

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

OOC Thread

#1 Post by Vargr1105 »

The Out of Character thread. To post about everything and anything. Except combat, please use the OOC Combat Thread for that.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#2 Post by max_vale »

Vargr: I am currently on the road for my job...and will be for the next 9 days. My internet connection/available time on-line is likely to be quite minimal; so my posts might be quite short or non-existant for that time.....if this is slowing the action down; please feel free to make whatever actions/rolls are necessary for my character....sorry this is happening right as this game is starting. I will certainly do my best to try and get in at least a few posts while on the trip!

Sorry about this...this was quite unexpected; the person who was supposed to be going on this trip cancelled last minute; and lucky-me was 'volunteered' to go instead. ;(

-Max

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Vargr1105 »

Noted, Max.

Well, we are about ready to commence. Those of you who haven't done so, create a PC on the dice roller with the name of your half-orc and associate it with this campaign so you can use dice macros.

I will start the Action Post soon.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by onlyme »

Lol! :)

GM Note: oh darn, I altered onlyme's post instead of responding to it. :shock:

Can you post it again onlyme?

Vargr1105 wrote:Image
I just thought that this was revealing too much... This map is incredibly helpful...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Vargr1105 »

For the newcomers, if you have any doubt or questions please ask away. That what the OOC thread is for.

And yup, the map reveals what you have seen so far. ;)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Vargr1105 »

Right folks. The adventure has started. Begin a-posting and a-roleplaying.

Lets finish up the Marching Order. And ybn1197 should select which spells Pol the Unholy has memorized.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Vargr1105 »

NJWilliam wrote:Theket thinks about why he has torches but nothing to light them with.
I am sure at least one of the brothers has flint and steel.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by NJWilliam »

Oh, one of them does. Theket just wasn't smart enough to bring them!
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by NJWilliam »

Are strength bonuses applying to hurled weapon damage (thrown dagger specifically)?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by ybn1197 »

Vargr1105 wrote:... And ybn1197 should select which spells Pol the Unholy has memorized.
Spells updated on character sheet.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Vargr1105 »

NJWilliam wrote:Are strength bonuses applying to hurled weapon damage (thrown dagger specifically)?
Yes. It is factored in the character sheets.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by NJWilliam »

Vargr1105 wrote:
NJWilliam wrote:Are strength bonuses applying to hurled weapon damage (thrown dagger specifically)?
Yes. It is factored in the character sheets.

Doh! I see it now!
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Vargr1105 »

ybn1197 wrote:
Vargr1105 wrote:... And ybn1197 should select which spells Pol the Unholy has memorized.
Spells updated on character sheet.
I haven't been running/playing AD&D for long but this is the first time I have seen anyone memorize cause Light Wounds. :)

Pol seems to be quite light on healing magic though...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote: In AD&D terms climbing the pipe would be the equivalent of climbing a very rough, non-slippery wall surface with a negative modifier for its curvature.
What is the modifier? moving from nonslippery to slightly slippery, so doubling the failure % per round? or something more or less than that?
According to the DMG, climbwalls would increase +10% if those of us with leather, took off the armor. If Ull is currently at 97%, what would that do for him? Can it be over 100?

Guys, I am thinking if Ull (he has best climbing skills) climbs over with his rope, and ties it off or some other action, it should make climbing for the rest, fairly trivial? or atleast, makes walking over the tweezers easier since balance wouldnt be a problem, just rusting through...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by NJWilliam »

onlyme wrote:
Vargr1105 wrote: In AD&D terms climbing the pipe would be the equivalent of climbing a very rough, non-slippery wall surface with a negative modifier for its curvature.
What is the modifier? moving from nonslippery to slightly slippery, so doubling the failure % per round? or something more or less than that?
According to the DMG, climbwalls would increase +10% if those of us with leather, took off the armor. If Ull is currently at 97%, what would that do for him? Can it be over 100?

Guys, I am thinking if Ull (he has best climbing skills) climbs over with his rope, and ties it off or some other action, it should make climbing for the rest, fairly trivial? or atleast, makes walking over the tweezers easier since balance wouldnt be a problem, just rusting through...
A rope for balance would make the tweezers easier too, I would think.
Theket can hold your armor or any other weight you like, he has virtually no encumbrance compared to his 18(7_) strength.
Theket has pitons and a hammer too, if there's nothing to attach the rope to, anyone else have them as well?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Vargr1105 »

onlyme wrote: What is the modifier?
You won't know that until you roll. ;)
onlyme wrote:According to the DMG, climbwalls would increase +10% if those of us with leather, took off the armor.
In what page is that rule?

If leather decreases Climb Walls by 10% then it means the characters wearing non-magical armor decrease their skill by 10%, while those in magical armor (being non-encumbrant) remain at their normal values. The pregens did not have Thief Skills indicated, I calculated them for level, race and DEX.
onlyme wrote:If Ull is currently at 97%, what would that do for him? Can it be over 100?
No the maximum is 99%
NJWilliam wrote:Theket has pitons and a hammer too, if there's nothing to attach the rope to, anyone else have them as well?
Onn and Theket both have spikes, a total of 7 between them. You only have the one 50ft lenght of rope.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:
onlyme wrote:According to the DMG, climbwalls would increase +10% if those of us with leather, took off the armor.
In what page is that rule?

If leather decreases Climb Walls by 10% then it means the characters wearing non-magical armor decrease their skill by 10%, while those in magical armor (being non-encumbrant) remain at their normal values. The pregens did not have Thief Skills indicated, I calculated them for level, race and DEX.

I lied apparently. ( I was researching to figure out what you meant by wall conditions/curvatures, etc)... It is in the UA, page 22, so not sure if relevant. The way it is written, I would say normal skill rates assume thieves are wearing leather. Because it actually shows a plus for none, and a minus for anything heavier than leather...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

DMG page 19 has this fun little tidbit:
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (211.18 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Vargr1105 »

Saw that chart. It means crossing the pond by climbing the wall will take 2 rounds.

onlyme wrote:I lied apparently. ( I was researching to figure out what you meant by wall conditions/curvatures, etc)... It is in the UA, page 22, so not sure if relevant.

Checked it. The adventure is pre-UA but I will let you make use of the UA "Effects of Armor on Thief Functions" if you wish. Disregard what I wrote before about the difference between magical and non-magical leather armor, it makes no difference to thief skills.

The "curvature" bit is a ruling of my own and only affects sideways climbing because provides less handholds than a normal wall. If you were climbing up or down a vertical pipe it would not be an issue.

onlyme wrote:The way it is written, I would say normal skill rates assume thieves are wearing leather. Because it actually shows a plus for none, and a minus for anything heavier than leather...
Yes, the PHB thief skill values assume the thief is using leather armor.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by max_vale »

Okay; I've finally got a chance to get on line for a bit today; I see rredmond has been running Lipput; if you' d like rredmond; you're welcome to take over the character....I DID miss the begining of the game; so I certainly understand if you'd like to stay in the game.

On the other hand; I'm happy to start running him as well; let me know! :)

Return to “IM15 Round the Bend”