Character Creation

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation

#41 Post by Pulpatoon »

I think the monk can assist us on our skill checks when we're preforming our roles.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by ybn1197 »

Pulpatoon wrote:I think the monk can assist us on our skill checks when we're preforming our roles.
No problem. And my monk does have a Stealth of +4 so he can be back-up scout should something make that necessary.
Last edited by ybn1197 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by ybn1197 »

Scott308 wrote:Cantrips are really the spellcasters' bread and butter, since you have unlimited use. I like Mending. I think it can be a really nice utility spell that can come in handy, but Spare the Dying- when I play a Cleric- is a must have. I think it is too important to skip. It allows you to have a life-saving spell even when you have used your spell slots on healing. At low levels, it absolutely keeps characters from dying.
Its only short-coming IMO is as a touch spell. Its the reason when I play clerics I tend to go with the Grave domain as you get Spare the Dying not only as a bonus but it can be used as 30' range spell instead of touch.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by drpete »

Pulpatoon wrote:I think the monk can assist us on our skill checks when we're preforming our roles.
Generally, everybody can do or help with one task (not be look-out AND hunter) so a person could help out that way. Guide doesn't get help that way.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by drpete »

ybn1197 wrote:
No problem. And my monk does have a Stealth of +5 so he can be back-up scout should something make that necessary.
Quite a stealthy bunch. This seems like it'll come in handy, but there's a bit of overlap in terms of journey rolls. There could be a situation where one of you is exhausted, say, where it would come in handy to have a backup.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Stealth never hurts.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by kalstone »

Ok. I'm done. Back to stealth ranger.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by drpete »

Alright, so are there outstanding issues, or should we get started?

If I get a thumbs up from the five of you, we'll get rolling (and work in Raven in a couple days when he's ready.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rex »

I am set

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#50 Post by kalstone »

I'm ready.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Pulpatoon »

Roller skates strapped on and ready to roll!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#52 Post by Scott308 »

My character is ready to get started.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#53 Post by Scott308 »

Pulpatoon wrote:
kalstone wrote:I'm waiting until we decide if my character is needed to be the guide or the scout to finish him up.
Based on the numbers as they stand right now, here's the logical distribution of roles:

Guide
Brana the Cleric: WIS +3, Survival +5

Scout
Ornthalas the Rogue: Stealth +7, Investigation +2

Hunter
Raknar the Ranger: Survival +4

Look-Out
Sabyllos the Warlock: Perception +3

That leaves Birbal the Monk to wash the dishes.
That's good, since my Rogue is proficient with and owns cook's tools. :D
BTW, I notice that out of our entire crew, we don't have a single point of INT bonus among us.
I saw that. With a Warlock or Sorcerer, as Charisma based casters, instead of a Wizard, we don't have an Intelligence based character, and everyone appears to have made it one of their dump stats. Ornthalas is the only character with any bonus for Investigation as a result. The limited backgrounds (several are missing from the printed PHB) only have one, the Haunted One, that gives Investigation as an option. As a Rogue, I had plenty of options so picked it up so somebody would have it. Fortunately, I think we have pretty decent coverage overall for each of the tasks- and we will still have Ravenn's character so who knows what that'll look like.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Pulpatoon »

The last person to generate the character can inherit a bizarre shopping list of party needs. "Can you play an intellectual barbarian with woodworking skills and healing spells?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

That would be cool to run.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by ybn1197 »

drpete wrote:Alright, so are there outstanding issues, or should we get started?

If I get a thumbs up from the five of you, we'll get rolling (and work in Raven in a couple days when he's ready.
I'm set.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by drpete »

Sweet... kicking things off, then :)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by ravenn4544 »

Created character in D&D beyond (dwarven fighter) Let me know of any changes/suggestions!

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by drpete »

Looks like he's pretty close. It looks like you still need to work out your equipment. Other party members and 5e experts may spot ways you could improve, or be more useful to the party (you mean, he's not an intellectual barbarian with woodworking skills and healing spells...?) but the character looks fine.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by ravenn4544 »

added equipment.

Return to “Out of the Abyss (5e)”