Quest #21 "Island Hopping"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #21 "Island Hopping"

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Maag would like to go have a closer look at the tiny island just offshore from the beach, wondering if it might support the town in times of trouble.

Alordan has expressed interest as well, having already circumnavigated the place once before.

They will likely take any help they can get......

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #21 "Island Hopping"

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote:Maag

Maag wonders for a moment about the wisdom of traveling out to the island alone. Then he has an idea. Cupping his hands around his mouth, he bellows across Beachtown:

"OI!!!!!!! ANYBODY WANNA TAKE A BOAT RIDE????!!!!!!!"

He waits a minute or two to see if there are any takers, then hands over the 10gp to Old Joe. "Let's go den".
That takes care of the 10gp he just got as his share of the Hi Lo money

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

kruk wrote:HELLO!! MY NAME IS CRESTBROOK THE MIGHTY!!! I WAS SENT HERE TO RID THIS PLACE OF EVIL!!!!! CAN I BE OF ASSISTANCE?

Sir Crestbrook the Mighty: Paladin 1st Level

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ravenn4544 wrote:Alordan, now restless after resting for some time, overhears the 'conversation' to examine the island. Having sailed around previously, the island still intrigues him.

"I've sailed around this island before and saw some movement that I could not explain... it wasn't small movement either. We must be prepared. Perhaps we can convince some others to go along as well."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

“Sumfin’ big ?” says Maag, stepping into the boat.“In dat case, der’s more to aim at when we sneak round an’ shoot it in der back”.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan raises an eyebrow at Maag seemingly naive view of the island "you must not have been here long - this island is quite deadly for the unprepared. Even for the prepared it seems. Let's plan on investigating for the day - it takes but a short time to row to the island - and come back before nightfall to be safe."
OOC: can you remind us how big this island is from the time we sailed around it - give or take?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sure.

The island is pretty small, taking up less space than a one mile hex.

It is less than a mile off shore and a couple of miles down the beach.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6346#p293953

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by kruk »

ravenn4544 wrote:Alordan raises an eyebrow at Maag seemingly naive view of the island "you must not have been here long - this island is quite deadly for the unprepared. Even for the prepared it seems. Let's plan on investigating for the day - it takes but a short time to row to the island - and come back before nightfall to be safe."
The paladin beems with excitement. Then I'm in the right place! Let us all rid this isle of evil! He stands tall with his long brown hair flapping in the wind from the breeze coming from the sea. Forgive me for not introducing myself. I am Sir Chrestbrook the Mighty, and who are the two of you? . He extends his hand for Alordan to shake while nodding his head to Maag. Then turning back to Alordan.... What deadly fowl creatures do you speak of?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wots Wiv Dat Der Island?
Waterday, 10th of Goodmonth
Mid Morning, Warm, Sunny, Buggy

Maag pays the two fishermen his 10 gold coins as Alordan approaches the boat. The men quickly pocket the gold with a smirk and tell the men to jump in so they can shove off.

As they are ready to depart, a brave knight approaches from the town asking if they would like him to accompany them. None of those present has ever seen this good looking chap before, but since he carries himself so stoically, how could they refuse.

Soon the five men in a boat are on their way out to the island a few miles from town. No sign of fish or any other wildlife is seen in the calm water as they slowly row out to their distant destination.

Actions?

Maag 12/12
Alordan 17/18
Sir Crestbrook 11/11

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan asks the sailors if they have seen or heard anything unusual about the island recently.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fisherman Joe and Fisherman Pete look at Alordan, remembering him from the first time he took this ride.

"No, cant say that we have. Not really, mister. Same weird grunting sounds, same stinking cats everywhere, but nothing new since yer last trip out there."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Alright Chrestbrook! I'm Maag". He shoots a look at Joe. "Nice ter 'ave yer onboard," he grins.

"Cats? Wot, like big ones?" Maag asks the two men.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#13 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Joe

“Oh heck no, Bra.....Maag. They’s just normal sized un’s. Feral as can be too, I’d imagine.”

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Jernau35 »

An island full of AD&D housecats? :shock: Oh boy. We're screwed!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan nods politely to the sailors description, "it would be wonderful if nothing but small cats are found. From what I've seen of this place, though, is that where there is small there is big and bigger"

To the new comer in the boat, "Well met sir, what brings you to this island?"

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by kruk »

ravenn4544 wrote:Alordan
To the new comer in the boat, "Well met sir, what brings you to this island?"
The paladin speaks boldly I was sent her by my superior Brother Gilbert to rid this place of evil! He stands proud. What better place to start then a tiny island! He smiles broadly, then then pauses for a few minutes as if he is thinking about something. It is strange, as I hopped aboard the ship to go here, I couldn't help but notice Brother Gilbert smile. He must be so proud of me as I go on this mission.
Jernau35 wrote:Maag

"Alright Chrestbrook! I'm Maag". He shoots a look at Joe. "Nice ter 'ave yer onboard," he grins.
The paladin shoots a toothy grin back at Maag. I am honored to join you on the quest. He suddenly unsheathes his blade and thrusts it upward into the air. May my blade strike deep into the evil beast that stand before us!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wots Wiv Dat Der Island?
Waterday, 10th of Goodmonth
Mid Morning, Warm, Sunny, Buggy

The trio gets acquainted, learning more about this good looking newcomer with the loud voice and the strong sword arm. He claims that Brother Gilbert sent him here, though that name must simply be a coincidence to the priest they already know, as that Brother is already here.

The full boat of fishermen and explorers skims across the surface of the sea, drawing ever closer to the tiny lone island. As the men approach, they can see that most of the shore is covered in vegetation, much like the jungle they have traversed here already. Joe rows the vessel around to the southern side, revealing a beach there housing several normal looking cats. There are small tracks everywhere and thousands of tiny lumps of sand along the beach.

Peering through the jungle vegetation along the shore doesn't reveal any secrets, but a low grunting noise can be heard sporadically, coming from somewhere near the middle of the island.

Actions?

Maag 12/12
Alordan 17/18
Sir Crestbrook 11/11

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Wot's under dem lumps?" wonders Maag. "Prob'ly sumfin nasty, like always around 'ere". He turns to his two companions. "We need to get off dat beach sharpish, or wot ever it is will eat us. Any ideas?"

Then he speaks to the two fishermen. "Can yer get us in at der place where der jungle is closest to der beach?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Joe nods.

"Ye juss tell me what side ye wanna land on, an I'll get ya boys in there."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan watches and listens. "Let's prod into one of those lumps now and see what it could be before we get stranded here. Hold on a second." He'll jump off and shovel a little away to see what they could be and be ready - for the worst.

Return to “Completed Missions”