Mission 3.5: Parker's Courthouse; the Old Historic Site #1

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Mission 3.5: Parker's Courthouse; the Old Historic Site

#61 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

I guess I'd say anywhere that may have had any reports of ghosts doing anything...destructive? I'm assuming there haven't been any reports of any ghosts actually causing physical harm to people, but have there been any that have broken things or bothered people? A lot of times ghosts just hang around and have no intention of disturbing the living. Heck, most people can't even see the vast majority of ghosts- unless the ghosts want to be seen. We're more interested in the ones that are unhappy with their situation after death and want to take it out on the living. Maybe they move objects around or make noise. Maybe they break things. Sometimes, they are out to hurt or kill people. Those we definitely want to deal with.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Bluehorse »

Cody takes off his hat and scratches his head a moment before putting it back on. You know, for the life of me, I can't think of anything like that happening here. I mean, people have always talked about seeing a ghost, but I can't think of a single incident like the stuff you are always on the news for. But... he turns and looks over his shoulder. I can think of one place where you might find something that doesn't want to be there. Come check this out.

He walks you around to the east side of the building. There is a lower section of the ground here that had been sectioned off and built into to access what would be a basement level, there is a short stairway down to the lower level, all mortared off, and both barred door and windows. He motions you to come down and take a look while he looks through his keys.

Courthouse / East Side.
FSHSiteEastCourt.jpg
FSHSiteEastCourt.jpg (127.55 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
When he finds the correct key, he opens the door and walks you inside. They called this Hell on the Border. This is the old jail.
Mostly because of the summers when it is so hot out. You can imagine this room here crammed with sometimes 150 sweaty convicts, some of which had not had a real bath for several days before coming here because they were on the run. Getting your two buckets for the room a day, one to empty and one to fill if you know what I mean. I can tell you, I wouldn't want to be here. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
A lot of people spent their final days right here before being taken to the gallows.

Hell on the Border Jailhouse.
FSHSiteHotB.jpg
FSHSiteHotB.jpg (82.58 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
The room was wide and all stone except for the heavy cedar post and the wood plank ceiling that is just barely 7 feet tall. The only thing there for a bed was a few blankets on the cold hard flagstone floor. You could already feel there was little ventilation and the air seemed heavy and oppressive. Your PKEs were going crazy all of a sudden as you entered. There are multiple readings of all different kinds here.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy looks a bit alarmed at the sudden spike "Hmm wonder if we should have brought some of the gear with us." the tall buster immediate sends the information to Joker.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#64 Post by Scott308 »

Yeah, there's a lot of activity here. We should probably leave now. This'll require a full team and more equipment. He starts heading back outside. Thank you, Cody, for showing this to us. We'll need to run some more scans to figure out what all is in here. How often do people come down here? Are staff typically in here on a given day, or is it pretty much old and closed off with no real reason to be down here?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods as Lionel fires off some good questions. "Yes I feel we are not prepared for that space. Something in my gut tells me a lot of unhappy souls are in that place."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Bluehorse »

The Old Historical Site
The Old Fort
Second Investigation
August 24, 2018, 11:45am
Warm and Breezy

The duo quickly get paranoid about all the activity they are reading on their PKE. What they say also quickly gets their tour guide paranoid too.

Cody Looking around. Well, yeah. I mean, we have tours all the time. Some days as many as 20 or 30. Course some days we get none at all. You really think there is something in here?

Everyone roll me a regular Brains.

Map X=Your Location. I also marked some points of interest since you are using the PKE attachments and not just your phones increasing the range and accuracy. Since you are on-site and there are plenty of maps and signs I have also labeled them.
HistoricLarge Map-x3.jpg
HistoricLarge Map-x3.jpg (202.3 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
Actions?

Inventory:
Lionel = Phone, PKE Meter Attachment.
Roy = Phone, PKE Meter Attachment.

Brownie Point Pool:
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 117/117 @
Roy O'Dowd: 89/89 @

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!

GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy opens the PKE app and shows Cody the readings and tries to explain them.

Brains: [4d6] = 18 G: [1d6] = 6

Scott308

#68 Post by Scott308 »

Well, if you have tours through here and haven't had any problems with the ghosts, they are most likely not that bad. I don't want to say you can keep bringing tours through here in case something does happen and I get sued, but...

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy points out the strange occurrence to Lionel "Hey that space there has no reading of any kind. What do you suppose that is?"

Scott308

#71 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel shrugs. I don't know, maybe it was somewhere prisoners were never taken, so the ghosts don't haunt it?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Bluehorse »

Cody looks between them both. Well, we have never had any problems during the day. Some folks have said they saw lights here at night. What... what space are you talking about? There really would have been nowhere that the prisoners would not have been brought at some point, innocent or guilty. Well, I supposed the innocent would not have went to the gallows, but you know what I mean.

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shows Cody on his app then points to the indicated area "Right there see it shows nothing."

Scott308

#74 Post by Scott308 »

I don't really know why there is no signal there. We're using basic equipment right now; we'll have to get the rest of the team involved and more sophisticated sensors to figure out what's going on. But, uh, that all will depend on if anyone wants to hire us to deal with the ghosts. So far, there hasn't been any problems so they may not be interested in doing anything. Anyway, thanks for the tour. Have a good day, Cody.

Scott308

#76 Post by Scott308 »

Anything else you want to do here, Roy, or you ready to head back?

GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Well wasn't there another spot Cody mentioned? Or should we just go back?" he asks Lionel.

Scott308

#78 Post by Scott308 »

The cell was the only place that he thought might have ghosts that wouldn't want to be there. There are plenty of areas people have claimed to see ghosts over the years, but I don't think we're gonna get anything else worth hanging around for right now. Let's get back and run this by the others, see how they want to proceed. Maybe stop somewhere and grab a bite to eat on the way.

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy his eyes brighten as does his mood at the mention of food "I could go for a bite. Sounds good let's go." he says as he heads towards whatever means of travel they used to get here. (unless they walked.) "What are you waiting for Lionel? Where are we gonna eat? I could go for tacos."

Scott308

#80 Post by Scott308 »

Tacos, huh? I could go for that. Not sure if there's a taco place within walking distance on the way back to the firehouse, but we can wander and see what we find.

Return to “Mission Archive”