Char Gen

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Char Gen

#21 Post by Ahlmzhad »

atpollard wrote:FRED
My original thought for Fred was just some average Joe [666666] who owned a small business (like a shoe repair shop) and had a few skills related to managing a business (like Admin) and a few craftsmen like skills related to actually DOING the work (like Mechanical).

When the abilities came up as EDU 10 and SOC 10, I decided that Fred needed to move to a more upscale small business ... like Gunsmith. So now Fred has a small regular monthly income (from Dilettante) and is still a former shopkeeper seeking “adventure”.

During CharGen, Fred rolled a few Ship Shares, but having Fred own a ship sort of goes against the character concept. I read that a second roll of TAS Membership could be traded for Two ShipShares, so I thought that you might allow Fred to swap his Ship Shares for a TAS Membership. Another alternative could be to have the Ship Shares be a silent interest in a ship otherwise related to the game. This is a REFEREE call on how you want to handle the Ship Shares.
I'm fine with the TAS membership. Like the sounds of him. Welcome to Albion!!

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by atpollard »

Leitz wrote:
atpollard wrote:Fred (male) [6996AA]

Let me know if you want Fred and Stefano to be connected. They seem very different people but still "good guys".
Now that Fred is finished, you can decide if they are connected. Fred seems attracted to radical politics on a Civil Service Bureaucracy world with a Nobility Court.

The guy is really just an average Joe with a Small Buisness Craftsman skills (trying not to roll another “3” for events).
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Spearmint »

Finished my starting character D'Arcy. It makes sense that he and Fred the gunsmith have crossed paths before.

Generated two 'contacts'. Do we need a separate forum for contacts and NPC's to keep track of relationship and interaction with them? One is an underworld rogue/fence, the second is a lawyer.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Spearmint wrote:Finished my starting character D'Arcy. It makes sense that he and Fred the gunsmith have crossed paths before.

Generated two 'contacts'. Do we need a separate forum for contacts and NPC's to keep track of relationship and interaction with them? One is an underworld rogue/fence, the second is a lawyer.
I don't think we need a separate thread, just make sure it's clearly on your character sheet.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by The Bindoner »

If we are using the "contacts" rule for extra skills Kiki might be a fence that D'Arcy has met.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Spearmint »

D'Arcy has a meeting with 'Goldie' set up who is a top criminal broker contact. It may make sense for you to know him as well, perhaps he has employed you also. I am fine with some past 'character history'.

Goldie was previously known as 'Smiler' until his teeth were pulled out, D'Arcy funded his implant gold ones (career event).

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Stirling »

Tiberius early career in scout service, surveying new territories fir the Imperium. Trespassed on pirate enclave, escapIng narrowly by pilot skill. Made an enemy though who may have contributed to ship navigation or jump failure. Found drifting on edge of space by Imperial invasion force who drafted the scout into marines. Thrived more by accident than design, seems to have found a niche in challenging corsairs and boarding renegade outfits. Didn't fancy seeking a commission, happy to do double time then quit for pastures new. Freelancing new scout endeavours on the Imperial rim.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Leitz »

Stirling, welcome aboard! Might want to look over the character sheets to see if there is anyone you can establish a connection with. My character is "Stefano", and there are lots of options.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by The Bindoner »

Hi, welcome in. Looks like you have useful skills that will really help fill out the party.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Stirling »

Tiberius is all done bar equipment load out. As he is starting on board your ship in a crewman capacity I guess his gear will be minimal. Basic armour, sidearm, sensor, comm unit, Vlox uniform.

Had a question regarding the mustering out benefits. Tibs gained +2 Intelligence which doesn't fit and with a 12 stat anyway he probably doesn't need. So can he improve other stats instead? Maybe a 2 for 1 swap with a physical stat?

No connections come to mind.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by atpollard »

Stirling wrote:Tiberius is all done bar equipment load out. As he is starting on board your ship in a crewman capacity I guess his gear will be minimal. Basic armour, sidearm, sensor, comm unit, Vlox uniform.

Had a question regarding the mustering out benefits. Tibs gained +2 Intelligence which doesn't fit and with a 12 stat anyway he probably doesn't need. So can he improve other stats instead? Maybe a 2 for 1 swap with a physical stat?

No connections come to mind.
... or you play a Marine with an INT 14 ... making him a tactical genius (Can anyone say Patton?)

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#32 Post by dragoner »

Here is someone I made with the Munson Character Generator, my thoughts and questions are, for an ally, someone from the Vloxmar Corp? Maybe Dev was useful to an exec. If the ship shares are too much, I would gladly trade them for a point of strength and endurance back. For my armor and weapon benefit, can I choose Combat Armor and a Gauss Rifle? Powerful, but fitting for his character archetype/theme. His picture is my avatar, here it is bigger: http://dragonersdomain.com/forum/downlo ... hp?id=1134

Name: Devon Aggadabio

Race: Human
Height: 170cm (5'7)
Weight: 67.13kg (148lbs)

Characteristics:
Strength: 4 (6) -1DM
Dexterity: 12 +2DM
Endurance: 6 (8)
Intelligence: 10 +1DM
Education: 6
Social: 3 -1DM

Skills:(accumulate skills per rules)
Carouse-0
Language-0
Trade-0
Drive(any)-0
Athletics(any)-0
Gun Combat(Pistol)-0
Recon-1
Melee(any)-0
Heavy Weapons(any)-0
Melee(Dagger)-2
Gun Combat(Rifle)-1
Stealth-1
Astrogation-2
Gunner(any)-2
Engineer(any)-1
Streetwise-1
Vacc Suit-2
Zero-G-1
Jack of all Trades-1
Survival-1

Career History:
Career: Army = Terms: 1 (Infantry)
Career: Rogue = Terms: 3 (Pirate)
Career: Drifter = Terms: 2 (Scavenger & Wanderer)

Rank History:
Career: Army = Rank: 1 Lance Corporal
Career: Rogue = Rank: 2 Corporal
Career: Drifter = Rank: 2 -/-

Benefits:
Weapon
Two Ship Shares
Armor
Weapon
Ally

Backstory:
"Hi, I'm Devon, pronounced Dev-in, not De-von, some just call me Dev. I grew up in a factory town, my Da worked at a foundry, and my Ma at a packing plant. Fourth of five kids; I did my share of hanging around, and did under the table trade work, demolition, carrying boards and garbage cans, stuff like that. Once I was age, I joined the Army, they sent me off to war, straight Infantry, the ground combat was brutal, saw my best friend die, don't want talk about that no more. Quiting the army, and up to no good, I joined up with some pirates, it was a hell of a ride, learned some skills, did plenty of bad stuff, got hurt, don't talk about that no more either. Then found a job with a scavenger crew, made a buck or two out in the belt. Getting older, I just decided to wander, because I didn't have much else going on, and so here I am."

Of course Dev will be a little more cagey about his nefarious activities, 99% of the time he'll play as your average belter. Description is a guy getting older, a spacer, whose time in zero g has had deleterious effects on his physique (thinner).

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Leitz »

Looks like Dev could have a connection with pretty much anyone.

Kiki: Acquirer of art objects without close inspection on ownership, Dev was a pirate.
Fred: One of Dev's weapons is a Fred creation and they built a friendship. Maybe Dev brought Fred more business?
D'Arcy: Lots of underworld connections or even his LE background.
Tiberius: About the time Dev switched from Pirate to Belter-ish, Tiberius was rescued from being lost in space. What if Dev had helped Tiberius be found and the moment of being a "hero rescues lost spacer" Dev decides to ride the tide of positive change and quit becoming a Pirate?
Stefano: Early in Stefano's career he helped talk a co-worker out of suicide due to very bad markets. What if that co-worker was Dev's sibling or close family member?

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#34 Post by dragoner »

Leitz wrote:Looks like Dev could have a connection with pretty much anyone.

Kiki: Acquirer of art objects without close inspection on ownership, Dev was a pirate.
Fred: One of Dev's weapons is a Fred creation and they built a friendship. Maybe Dev brought Fred more business?
D'Arcy: Lots of underworld connections or even his LE background.
Tiberius: About the time Dev switched from Pirate to Belter-ish, Tiberius was rescued from being lost in space. What if Dev had helped Tiberius be found and the moment of being a "hero rescues lost spacer" Dev decides to ride the tide of positive change and quit becoming a Pirate?
Stefano: Early in Stefano's career he helped talk a co-worker out of suicide due to very bad markets. What if that co-worker was Dev's sibling or close family member?
Yes, thanks, you are right, he can have some good connections. Generally two connections and a skill package skill? I'd have to think on what I want.

I also have life events from chargen:

Event History:(characteristic, skill and benefit effects are applied automatically)

Army Event: You are thrown into a brutal ground war. Gain a skill

Rogue Event: You`ve been injured in a gun fight and will lose 1 point from your Endurance attribute

Rogue Event: One of your crimes pays off. Gain a +1 DM to any one Benefit roll, and gain your victim as an Enemy

Drifter Event: You thrive on adversity. You are automatically promoted.

Drifter Event: You pick up a few useful skills here and there

Age Event: At the age of 42 your Endurance and Strength were reduced by 1 point

Mishap History:(characteristic, skill and benefit effects are applied automatically)

Rogue Mishap: You`ve been injured while on a mission and will lose 1 point from your Strength attribute

Dev also has an enemy out there. He could have been injured saving Tiberius too, thus ending being a pirate (he's a pirate with a heart of gold), and starting being a belter. Very much D'Arcy having underworld connections could bring Dev into the fold, as he was on his most nefarious journey in being a drifter last term.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Ahlmzhad »

dragoner wrote:Here is someone I made with the Munson Character Generator, my thoughts and questions are, for an ally, someone from the Vloxmar Corp? Maybe Dev was useful to an exec. If the ship shares are too much, I would gladly trade them for a point of strength and endurance back. For my armor and weapon benefit, can I choose Combat Armor and a Gauss Rifle? Powerful, but fitting for his character archetype/theme. His picture is my avatar, here it is bigger: http://dragonersdomain.com/forum/downlo ... hp?id=1134

Name: Devon Aggadabio

Race: Human
Height: 170cm (5'7)
Weight: 67.13kg (148lbs)

Characteristics:
Strength: 4 (6) -1DM
Dexterity: 12 +2DM
Endurance: 6 (8)
Intelligence: 10 +1DM
Education: 6
Social: 3 -1DM

Skills:(accumulate skills per rules)
Carouse-0
Language-0
Trade-0
Drive(any)-0
Athletics(any)-0
Gun Combat(Pistol)-0
Recon-1
Melee(any)-0
Heavy Weapons(any)-0
Melee(Dagger)-2
Gun Combat(Rifle)-1
Stealth-1
Astrogation-2
Gunner(any)-2
Engineer(any)-1
Streetwise-1
Vacc Suit-2
Zero-G-1
Jack of all Trades-1
Survival-1

Career History:
Career: Army = Terms: 1 (Infantry)
Career: Rogue = Terms: 3 (Pirate)
Career: Drifter = Terms: 2 (Scavenger & Wanderer)

Rank History:
Career: Army = Rank: 1 Lance Corporal
Career: Rogue = Rank: 2 Corporal
Career: Drifter = Rank: 2 -/-

Benefits:
Weapon
Two Ship Shares
Armor
Weapon
Ally

Backstory:
"Hi, I'm Devon, pronounced Dev-in, not De-von, some just call me Dev. I grew up in a factory town, my Da worked at a foundry, and my Ma at a packing plant. Fourth of five kids; I did my share of hanging around, and did under the table trade work, demolition, carrying boards and garbage cans, stuff like that. Once I was age, I joined the Army, they sent me off to war, straight Infantry, the ground combat was brutal, saw my best friend die, don't want talk about that no more. Quiting the army, and up to no good, I joined up with some pirates, it was a hell of a ride, learned some skills, did plenty of bad stuff, got hurt, don't talk about that no more either. Then found a job with a scavenger crew, made a buck or two out in the belt. Getting older, I just decided to wander, because I didn't have much else going on, and so here I am."

Of course Dev will be a little more cagey about his nefarious activities, 99% of the time he'll play as your average belter. Description is a guy getting older, a spacer, whose time in zero g has had deleterious effects on his physique (thinner).
Looks good, let me think over the benefits, and I'll let you know soon.

Sorry everyone I've had computer issues, and business both at the same time.

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#36 Post by dragoner »

Ok, cool. When we're settled I'll do a gear list and post it all with a sheet in characters linked to my sig. I also get two skills from connections, and one from a skill package? I'd like to get connected with people, though all of us knowing each other is good too. Which package is another question I have.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by The Bindoner »

If we're linking up characters I have only made one connection so far. Another link for a second skill would be nice - I fancy a level in Security :)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Leitz »

Always happy to get Stefano more connections and skills. :)

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#39 Post by dragoner »

The Bindoner wrote:If we're linking up characters I have only made one connection so far. Another link for a second skill would be nice - I fancy a level in Security :)
Leitz wrote:Always happy to get Stefano more connections and skills. :)
Awesome! :)

We can look over each character sheet and figure something out. I want to skip over the suicide thing, that's a little too grim. Kiki wants Security, she is 8 years Dev's junior, so that puts her earlier terms in his rogue years, already used this: Event: Life Event: New Contact. The character gains a Contact? Deception? I kinda like that, and she could also have taught him along the time of: Event: Information in your possession could be very profitable to your market. You hold on to the information for personal use, gain +1 Influence and gain a +2 DM to your next Advancement roll.
in her second term, they lost touch when he was injured. Thick as thieves. 8-)

Stefano, in his 5th terms, Sent to help younger noble son during military action? I wouldn't mind getting Gun Combat 2; maybe he met Dev pretty recently, as he was a black marketeer, or something else on the grift while a drifter.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by atpollard »

Fred is probably ready to finally figure out connections if anyone is interested ...

The gist is that for the last 8 years, Fred had "officially" made high end custom guns at a little shop on a Hi Tech, Hi Pop, Ind world one Jump from here, while "unoficially" modifying weapons for organized crime and a political resistance. His related EVENTS are participation in political upheaval (x2), and gain ALLY on Muster.

The 8 years prior to that, Fred was a Dilitante Artist at the noble court (with an interest in radical politics that got him kicked out of High Society).

Return to “Space Rats Campaign (1st Ed Mongoose Traveller)”