Char Gen

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Char Gen

#41 Post by The Bindoner »

Kiki wants Security, she is 8 years Dev's junior, so that puts her earlier terms in his rogue years, already used this: Event: Life Event: New Contact. The character gains a Contact? Deception? I kinda like that, and she could also have taught him along the time of: Event: Information in your possession could be very profitable to your market. You hold on to the information for personal use, gain +1 Influence and gain a +2 DM to your next Advancement roll.
in her second term, they lost touch when he was injured. Thick as thieves. 8-)
Sounds good. That was Kiki's first term as an independent, leaving the family operation to carve her own path. Dev was a pirate then? It seems likely Kiki would tell Dev the schedule of yachts/merchants carrying items she had buyers for. She got the item, the pirates get detailed information on the target and whatever else they want.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Leitz »

atpollard wrote:Fred is probably ready to finally figure out connections if anyone is interested ...

The gist is that for the last 8 years, Fred had "officially" made high end custom guns at a little shop on a Hi Tech, Hi Pop, Ind world one Jump from here, while "unoficially" modifying weapons for organized crime and a political resistance. His related EVENTS are participation in political upheaval (x2), and gain ALLY on Muster.

The 8 years prior to that, Fred was a Dilitante Artist at the noble court (with an interest in radical politics that got him kicked out of High Society).
Stefano and Fred. Assuming I don't accidentally type "Angelo". :P

For the most part Stefano appears on the up and up and he carries a small handgun. He's worked with royalty and it would be easy to see that he found Fred while looking for unique gifts for employers, friends, etc. Stefano is a noble as well, and might have known Fred before he was Fred. Whatzyerdruthers?

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#43 Post by dragoner »

The Bindoner wrote:
Kiki wants Security, she is 8 years Dev's junior, so that puts her earlier terms in his rogue years, already used this: Event: Life Event: New Contact. The character gains a Contact? Deception? I kinda like that, and she could also have taught him along the time of: Event: Information in your possession could be very profitable to your market. You hold on to the information for personal use, gain +1 Influence and gain a +2 DM to your next Advancement roll.
in her second term, they lost touch when he was injured. Thick as thieves. 8-)
Sounds good. That was Kiki's first term as an independent, leaving the family operation to carve her own path. Dev was a pirate then? It seems likely Kiki would tell Dev the schedule of yachts/merchants carrying items she had buyers for. She got the item, the pirates get detailed information on the target and whatever else they want.
Dev was a pirate, and then after all that Keeks taught Dev how to lie convincingly. tsk ;)

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#44 Post by dragoner »

Leitz wrote:
atpollard wrote:Fred is probably ready to finally figure out connections if anyone is interested ...

The gist is that for the last 8 years, Fred had "officially" made high end custom guns at a little shop on a Hi Tech, Hi Pop, Ind world one Jump from here, while "unoficially" modifying weapons for organized crime and a political resistance. His related EVENTS are participation in political upheaval (x2), and gain ALLY on Muster.

The 8 years prior to that, Fred was a Dilitante Artist at the noble court (with an interest in radical politics that got him kicked out of High Society).

For the most part Stefano appears on the up and up and he carries a small handgun. He's worked with royalty and it would be easy to see that he found Fred while looking for unique gifts for employers, friends, etc. Stefano is a noble as well, and might have known Fred before he was Fred. Whatzyerdruthers?
This could all dovetail together with the three of us and the last term, like gun runners or something from the warzone; a black market three stooges scene. Nyuck, nyuck.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by atpollard »

Leitz wrote:

It tickles my fancy to think that Stefano knows Fred as Fokionas Athanasios Papageorgious-Michaelides (young Fokio, the aspiring artisan) whose fascination with “rights of the people” political movements led him to become a supporter of radical political factions and criminal organizations.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by The Bindoner »

dragoner wrote:Dev was a pirate, and then after all that Keeks taught Dev how to lie convincingly. tsk ;)
Not lying so much as acting the part - playing the role that gets you in ( or out of ) the room.

Kiki ( and Dev knew her before she owned that name. He might find the change in her character surprising ) would have learned the basics of security systems in order to locate and preserve the artefacts she wanted to acquire - pirates tend toward destructive solutions to vaults, and artworks are fragile.
Last edited by The Bindoner on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by atpollard »

dragoner wrote:This could all dovetail together with the three of us and the last term, like gun runners or something from the warzone; a black market three stooges scene. Nyuck, nyuck.
That works for me ... I can see Fred acquiring a shipment of guns through his Gunshop on an Indusrial world (good purchase price) and supporting a questionable cause with Dev ... while Stefano figures some way to make a personal profit off the whole thing. ;)
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Leitz »

dragoner wrote:This could all dovetail together with the three of us and the last term, like gun runners or something from the warzone; a black market three stooges scene. Nyuck, nyuck.
Hey Mo!

Something like this? Open to change as needed.

###
The bell over the door rang gently. Stefano walked into the small storefront and smiled. It was as described; intimate. Subdued class. Exquisite workmanship on display. He walked forward to the man on the customer's side of the counter.

"Dev, thank you for the alert! I was originally told the product wouldn't be here for another month standard. I appreciate the chance to peruse first. Alongside you, of course." Stefano smiled. "Where is our host?"

"Unpacking. The shipment is that new." Dev winked. "Most of the customs forms were signed. Oddly, mentioning your name helped speed things up."

"Oddly, if you weren't dealing with the supply chain so well I would have missed out. You usual commission?" Stefano said. He handed Dev an envelope of used bills. He added an old fashioned business card. "That blond I saw you with is stunning by the way. Why don't you two try supper at Marcellino's one evening? The maitre'd is Claud, give him that and let him know I would appriciate his usual good service."

The proprieter came from the back with two boxes. He looked at Stefano. "Ah, good day sir. I'm in the middle of a transaction but can get to you shortly. Let me know if you see anything you like."

Stefano just stared. "Fokionas?" He choked.

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#49 Post by dragoner »

The Bindoner wrote:
dragoner wrote:Dev was a pirate, and then after all that Keeks taught Dev how to lie convincingly. tsk ;)
Not lying so much as acting the part - playing the role that gets you in ( or out of ) the room.

Kiki ( and Dev knew her before she owned that name. He might find the change in her character surprising ) would have learned the basics of security systems in order to locate and preserve the artefacts she wanted to acquire - pirates tend toward destructive solutions to vaults, and artworks are fragile.
Yes, he was just an innocent pirate, meaning no harm, just he liked shooting and robbing spaceships on the other side of the law. Sounds like Dev and Kiki had a mutually beneficial relationship, she fenced the goods he got.

atpollard wrote:
That works for me ... I can see Fred acquiring a shipment of guns through his Gunshop on an Indusrial world (good purchase price) and supporting a questionable cause with Dev ... while Stefano figures some way to make a personal profit off the whole thing. ;)
I think this will be mutually profitable for all of us. 8-)
Leitz wrote:
Hey Mo!

Something like this? Open to change as needed.

###
The bell over the door rang gently. Stefano walked into the small storefront and smiled. It was as described; intimate. Subdued class. Exquisite workmanship on display. He walked forward to the man on the customer's side of the counter.

"Dev, thank you for the alert! I was originally told the product wouldn't be here for another month standard. I appreciate the chance to peruse first. Alongside you, of course." Stefano smiled. "Where is our host?"

"Unpacking. The shipment is that new." Dev winked. "Most of the customs forms were signed. Oddly, mentioning your name helped speed things up."

"Oddly, if you weren't dealing with the supply chain so well I would have missed out. You usual commission?" Stefano said. He handed Dev an envelope of used bills. He added an old fashioned business card. "That blond I saw you with is stunning by the way. Why don't you two try supper at Marcellino's one evening? The maitre'd is Claud, give him that and let him know I would appriciate his usual good service."

The proprieter came from the back with two boxes. He looked at Stefano. "Ah, good day sir. I'm in the middle of a transaction but can get to you shortly. Let me know if you see anything you like."

Stefano just stared. "Fokionas?" He choked.

^^^ Great start.

Dev is never opposed to cash, nor a good supper. :)

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by The Bindoner »

Did Stefano and Kiki choose skills for their connection? If not I'll take a level in Art ( Appreciation ).

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote:Did Stefano and Kiki choose skills for their connection? If not I'll take a level in Art ( Appreciation ).
Stefano took Streetwise, he still has one other connection. I can just see them touring a museum together. :)

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by The Bindoner »

To check out the vulnerabilities of the security systems no doubt. :D

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Leitz »

It was a romantic era with Stefano pointing out pieces similar to those in wealthy homes he's visited so Kiki could target her sales pitch. 8-)

Of course, should the original make it into a friend's collection he would celebrate their good fortune.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Leitz »

On a more serious note Kiki probably realizes Stefano is using her as a barrier. He obviously finds her charming but the task presented is challenging and he's only human, after all. Kiki is more dialed in to his thought process and he doesn't have to worry about her misconstruing things as much as others might.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by The Bindoner »

Stefano knows Kiki is no romantic. She has occasionally performed romance as part of a scheme, but he has never heard of her being in any romantic relationship over the years of their acquaintance. It might be part of that fiercely guarded independence.

Kiki believes that Stefano understands this, and is content to act as a foil to his performance, trusting that he knows it is only a performance.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote:Kiki believes that Stefano understands this, and is content to act as a foil to his performance, trusting that he knows it is only a performance.
Which is why Kiki is so valuable to Stefano. :)

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#57 Post by dragoner »

We still have a skill package skill to pick?

Dev will take from connection with Kiki, stealth (or maybe recon, hmmm), vs deception; and from Stef, Gun Combat, though the facts he's wound up just a grunt makes me think he should take Gun Combat x 2. I'm still shooting for bennies being a GR and CA, but I'll swap the two ships shares for 1 pts of Str & End back, which is fair considering their value. I'll do this and post him in sheets.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Leitz »

At first glance the Trader, Traveller, Explorer, and Diplomat packages look useful. Of course, like everything else we're sort of guessing. :)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Spearmint »

Confused as to the extra skills people are adding after character generation. I thought their was one 'campaign' package with half a dozen skills in and we picked one, using a connection to justify it. Not have a connection with every player and pick a skill from each, otherwise we end up with 5+ skills. D'Arcy joined Navy to become pilot but I could just as easy have picked it up from a loose connection wuth Tiberius for example. Am I missing something?

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#60 Post by dragoner »

The Connections Rule
If both players agree, then any event can involve another suitable
player character. Only one character needs to have rolled the
specific event. If this is done, then you both get one extra skill.
This can be any skill you like, although it is good form to relate
it to the connection you have just formed. You may gain a
maximum of two free skills from this rule, and each connection
must be with a different player character.

Page 8, core rules

Skill Package skills are different.
Leitz wrote:At first glance the Trader, Traveller, Explorer, and Diplomat packages look useful. Of course, like everything else we're sort of guessing. :)
Anything Ahlmzhad thinks fit "Space Rats". :D

While the cat's away, it's a regular rat day ...

Return to “Space Rats Campaign (1st Ed Mongoose Traveller)”