Character Creation

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Character Creation

#41 Post by Shonuff »

GUYS: MAX HP at 1st level.
Computer +1 wrote:I will flesh out my militant wizard today.

Any information about the military academy?
Coming to you tonight in a PM.
Rotten wrote:How about a Peasant Hero Kit Fighter - if my "hometown" can be Gothmoor.

Sure. but isn't peasant hero from a small village or farm town? he's the country bumpkin turned hero?

Description: The Peasant Hero is the "local boy done good," the home-town
warrior who fights and adventures to the delight of the people in his home area. The
Peasant Hero is the most common sort of fighter found wandering the land and
adventuring; every village has one or has had one within living memory.
There are no ability-score requirements to be a Peasant Hero.

Role: In the campaign, the Peasant Hero is the fellow who won't forget that his
roots are in the country and in the soil. He can be a rebel against the crown in lands
where the peasants are especially oppressed; he can be the farmboy who becomes a
mighty general; he can be the noble's child (secretly raised by peasants) who grows up
to fulfill an ancient prophecy; but in every case, he remembers his origins and strives
to make things better for his family and home community.

No offense but a level 1 new fighter being the "hero" or the "go to man" for troubles with his community?
The Capitol is too big and hold too many actual aged heroes for him to start off, being the "loved one" across the community for such a big city. He'd get lost in the crowd, especially with the kit "impressing the majority of the townsfolk"...
There is a map of Gothmyr on the forum, you can pick a neighboring town to pick where " everybody knows your naaaaaame". *cheers*

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#42 Post by Rotten »

Alrighty. Sounds fair, but I might consider a different fighter type then.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by Stonjuz »

I would imagine Shonuff has his own Peasant Hero here in town and compared to his Peasant Hero, our Peasant Hero would be merely a peasant. But what about the story of the the shoeless-homeless kid who goes on to save the world. Surely there must be a Peasant Hero with an city theme.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Shonuff »

Stonjuz wrote:I would imagine Shonuff has his own Peasant Hero here in town and compared to his Peasant Hero, our Peasant Hero would be merely a peasant. But what about the story of the the shoeless-homeless kid who goes on to save the world. Surely there must be a Peasant Hero with an city theme.

the word "Peasant" says COUNTRY FARMER.... there aren't peasants in cities.

You want to be a "peasant hero" kit from Gothmyr. I'd be able swing someone from the Bowery or the docks ward, who the local ward peoples look up to. Someone they go to when they need some help.. A few certain people who will give you shelter and let you sneak through their backroom to escape from thugs. But giving a level 1 fighter the ability and history that he can go ANYWHERE in a capitol city and find an ally, is a bit.....out-of-balance. I can see a specific area WITHIN the city..like one of the wards (there are 9), one ward that is familiar with you and a few people out of thousands might be able to swing helping you out,
but there isn't going to be any:
"Oh please sir Hero, can you go flash yer smile at them tax collectors and tell them we 'aven't the monies ta pay this month?"

"Sure thing Miss Bessie. I'll go convince those foul king-lackeys to mind their manners."
You'll be sitting in the stockade, goin:

"B-b -but i'm the Hero of the Docks!?!"

peasant hero is a weird kit to me, because it gives a player character slight control or leverage over an entire community.. it's meant to be like 15-20 farmers in a small RURAL community... not a crowded 40,000+ capitol city.

but hey , if you're okay with a localized familiarity, then sure. Once you leave that area or ward... your kit..is useless though.(until you run back, seeking aid, or info)

Endeavor

#45 Post by Endeavor »

Surely there must be a Peasant Hero with an city theme.
Yes and they refer to him as 'Your Majesty' :lol:

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Computer +1 »

I want to change my kit to "Really Wealthy World Star Hero With Superpowers"

I imagine that if I was allowed to the game would go like this:
Ok you guys meet up in a bar. Computer +1 your super powerful and famous character sits at a bar stool when a random sphere of annihilation rolls into the bar and kills you. Go create a new character. Everyone else is unharmed and the sphere disappears.

:D

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Shonuff »

Computer +1 wrote:I want to change my kit to "Really Wealthy World Star Hero With Superpowers"

I imagine that if I was allowed to the game would go like this:
Ok you guys meet up in a bar. Computer +1 your super powerful and famous character sits at a bar stool when a random sphere of annihilation rolls into the bar and kills you. Go create a new character. Everyone else is unharmed and the sphere disappears.

:D
LOL! no, actually it'd be:
" ok as you sit there, a large...LARGE crowd gathers at the doors and windows of the bar. pounding on the windows and the walls begins to deafen you as the crowd outside begins to chant your name. the barkeep points to you and orders you outside. As you stepoutside to your growing crowd of fans and adorators, the crowd begins to claw at you, all yearning to touch or grab a piece of the Hero. You are tripped as a largge, morbidly obese woman leaps upon you, smothering you with her ample chest. She lays upon you trying to reach your face to lay dozens of fat-lipped kisses on you. As the oxygen begins to leave your body, you find the weight of the woman, an the rest of the clawing crowd is refusing to let your lungs inflate. As the woman is pulled off, dozens of men and women grasp portions of your skin and flesh, trying to touch or grab your clothes. The "Hero of Gothmoor" is torn asunder the crowd begins to see they have slain their hero. The crowd erupts and begins to riot as word spreads through the crowd that the Hero of Gothmoor has been slain, and the people revolt. They light the tavern on fire, blocking the exits and windows, burning the rest of the party alive, and begin a rampant riot throughout the entire city.

As Lord Prince Von Luen stands on his stone balcony, overlooking the once grand city, now turned into a multi-mile furneral pyre for the " Hero of Gothmoor", he stomps his purple-gloved fist on the top of the balcony railing softly, as he raises a glass of wine with the other. Jeggred sighs and speaks outloud, mainly to himself.

"...and this is why I slay all peasant heroes when they're born."

*smirk*

Endeavor

#48 Post by Endeavor »

Hey can we use Orisons/Cantrips if we choose (as per the 'so-many per first level slot' rule; I think cleric is 2)?

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by Shonuff »

Endeavor wrote:Hey can we use Orisons/Cantrips if we choose (as per the 'so-many per first level slot' rule; I think cleric is 2)?

I think someone's been listening to the Thac0shammer 2e podcast i co-host hehe! ( we just did cantrips/orisons as a subject.

yes in my campaign,
you get 0 level cantrips/orisons as a rate of howmany 1st level spells you have x2
2, 1st level spells = 4 cantrips/orisons.

they're not to take up 1st level slots. (dumbest thing they ever did from 1st to 2nd)

Endeavor

#50 Post by Endeavor »

Wow nice and not cumbersome and allows you to add some dimension without a penalty....

..and I DID listen to a couple of those, including that one and Ravenloft...

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#51 Post by Rotten »

Geez. Who would have thought a "peasant" hero would create such controversy. I overlooked the cavalier, myrmidon, and noble fighter kits because they are a bit too advantaged.

I would think a noble born fighter would be recognized throughout the city.

The peasant hero gets screwed on initial weapon choice and no other real perks.

Scratch the peasant hero from my list.

Leaning toward a regular fighter.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by Stonjuz »

Shonuff wrote: a large...LARGE crowd gathers at the doors and windows of the bar. pounding on the windows and the walls begins to deafen you as the crowd outside begins to chant your name. the barkeep points to you and orders you outside. As you stepoutside to your growing crowd of fans and adorators, the crowd begins to claw at you, all yearning to touch or grab a piece of the Hero. You are tripped as a largge, morbidly obese woman leaps upon you, smothering you with her ample chest. She lays upon you trying to reach your face to lay dozens of fat-lipped kisses on you. As the oxygen begins to leave your body, you find the weight of the woman, an the rest of the clawing crowd is refusing to let your lungs inflate. As the woman is pulled off, dozens of men and women grasp portions of your skin and flesh, trying to touch or grab your clothes. The "Hero of Gothmoor" is torn asunder the crowd begins to see they have slain their hero. The crowd erupts and begins to riot as word spreads through the crowd that the Hero of Gothmoor has been slain, and the people revolt. They light the tavern on fire, blocking the exits and windows, burning the rest of the party alive, and begin a rampant riot throughout the entire city.
As Lord Prince Von Luen stands on his stone balcony, overlooking the once grand city, now turned into a multi-mile furneral pyre for the " Hero of Gothmoor", he stomps his purple-gloved fist on the top of the balcony railing softly, as he raises a glass of wine with the other. Jeggred sighs and speaks outloud, mainly to himself.
"...and this is why I slay all peasant heroes when they're born."
*smirk*
:lol: Kinda makes me hope I dont roll too many 1s on my singing proficiency checks.
"Now there is fame! Of all ... fame is by far the worst. It is the castigation of God by the artist. It is sad. It is true." Pablo Picasso
Last edited by Stonjuz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by Shonuff »

Rotten wrote:Geez. Who would have thought a "peasant" hero would create such controversy. I overlooked the cavalier, myrmidon, and noble fighter kits because they are a bit too advantaged.

I would think a noble born fighter would be recognized throughout the city.

The peasant hero gets screwed on initial weapon choice and no other real perks.

Scratch the peasant hero from my list.

Leaning toward a regular fighter.
dwarven fighter?
Elven fighter?
half orc fighter?

top two have their own kits too.

Endeavor

#54 Post by Endeavor »

Rotten why not try a Gnoll (or Flind especially) fighter from Book of Humanoids; thats one that always seemed like it might be fun to run *woof woof* <scratches ear with foot>

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by Stonjuz »

Tim Kask once turned my cavalier type fighter into a field mouse. When asked why I didnt like the shrews, who were digging too many holes, under the NPCs barn or something, with my worst/best french accent I could pull off, I replied... "Because....zay loook like mind-flayers."
Goes to show you never can tell. He killed me with a rooster peck.

If Shonuff is allowing stuff like that , take the Minotaur Fighter/Mage. Cant go wrong with that.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by Shonuff »

Just waiting for comp +1 to finish and Rotten to post one and we can roll out.

For those of you finished:
:arrow: Just make sure everything is done on your character sheet.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by Rotten »

Ok I'm a little slow ATM. I have a newborn.

Are we doing character generation rolls on the dice roller? And where do you get those nifty char generation sheets?

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by Shonuff »

Rotten wrote:Ok I'm a little slow ATM. I have a newborn.

Are we doing character generation rolls on the dice roller? And where do you get those nifty char generation sheets?

Sorry brother. didn't know. no problem, take yer time.
char gen sheets are on the unseen servant dice roller. you sign up and can store characters.
http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.asp?do=pcs

Endeavor

#59 Post by Endeavor »

where does one obtain a point of reference and inspiration valid enough to RP a minotaur? there must be some in depth source material out there; whats the TSR# if anyone knows; Im curious.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by Stonjuz »

Minotaurs are not a legit PC race until 2.5 edition.
There are 2 small paragraphs about them in Skills and Powers book, page 43. But, if he isnt allowing optional races, the point is moog.
Didnt mean to confuse anyone.

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows”