OOC

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

OOC

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

We can discuss character equipping and other pertinent non game related issues here.

Please stand by until I have the chance to add everyone to the game. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: OOC

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will create private threads for everyone to use as well as another private thread to store your sheet.

I have stats figured out for each character, but you will need to equip them to your liking before heading out. Go ahead and use your imaginations on this. The more monster-like possessions, the better. :D Since this will be a "succeed or die trying" mission, that will require some manner of stealth, I strongly encourage you to keep your mundane equipment to a very minimum.

Each player will be allowed to pick ONE +1 weapon of their choice. You will also be allowed to pick ONE miscellaneous magic item (within reason that must be approved first) to use during this massive undertaking. So please try to think of things that will actually help you out while sacking a heavily defended keep. An interesting or cool backstory about your item or how you came to possess it would really help flesh out the character. There will also be a few goblinoid "relics" introduced into play as the game progresses.

Each character will have a name assigned to them, but since they will be slightly corny, (easy names to remember for my convention game) feel free to change them to something more fitting for this game. (gender is also adjustable if you'd rather play the opposite)

I will start populating private threads as I get time, but we should be able to get started fairly soon, once everyone is ready to go.
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Do we have a campaign ID/# yet?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for the reminder, Rex!

The campaign ID# is 728

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I see a few sheets being prepared already, which is great!

Don't forget to pick out some equipment and your 2 magic items when you get the time.

I will continue writing up tidbits of backstory for each of you as I can.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Pulpatoon »

A couple questions:
1. Saving Throws: Do we use the closest approximation of class and level? Or monster saves?
2. Do monster spell-casters have weapon and armor limitations? Generally, should we default to typical PC rules, or monster rules?
3. Any guidance on magic items? I assume a ring of wishes is both out of bounds and unsporting, but who wouldn't want to tool around in Baba Yaga's Hut?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I like the idea of a horn of Blasting. :P

Also a ring of human control, and a bag of holding would go a long way to getting us through the gates. Not really in character for Horny Carl, though.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

I think Baba's hut is an artifact (but would be way cool). If I am remembering correctly a portable hole would be even better than the bag of holding. Robe of useful items comes to mind also. Girdle of giant strength would be helpful (instant catapult) One of the smaller humanoids could use gauntlets of climbing and swimming or ogre power (my bugbear is too big for gauntlets). Lots of items with neat uses for an imaginative player(s).

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Great questions!

Saving throws: As monster of equivalent HD (sorry little guys)

Monster rules: No limitations on spell casters weapons, the more imaginative the better. AC will be as given, but feel free to equip monstery armor to match.

Magic items must be within reason: No relics, wishes, decks of many things, staffs of powers, etc.. A helpful, mundane item will certainly be allowed, but something a little more extravagant might be welcomed if it accompanied by a fun backstory.

The horn of blasting is an obvious excellent choice, but don’t pick that! :lol: I have an item built into the game that will cover that one.

The other items mentioned would likely be acceptable, but keep in mind, the more imaginative the more likely its accepted.

Some really great ideas coming up in the private threads so far too. :mrgreen:

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Computer +1 »

Hey guys. Getting my sheet done today!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Excellent!

Welcome to the game! :D

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The Minotaur has a ring of Regeneration and an obnoxious, +1, two handed sword.

What mundane equipment should we be thinking of? Rope, of course. Always rope. And night vision goggles?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#13 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I figured I would let the sword introduce itself. :lol:

Pick out whatever you like for equipment. Just make sure you aren't carrying the heaviest load. :twisted:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am seeing a lot of really creative ideas so far here.

A few players are ready to go as we wait for the final touches on sheets to be completed.

Once I see everyone is ready, I will post an introduction and we can get this thing underway. I still have a few items to post in the private threads.

Hopefully we can get started by the end of the weekend or on Monday.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

If one of those clerics brought a scroll of raise dead, we could whether through the graveyard. :P

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#16 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I was thinking about having everyone post a copy of their sheet in the CAST thread, so you can all see what each other is carrying. As long as you didn't add anything you don't want others to know about, please go ahead and post your sheets there when you get a chance.

Thanks!
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I moved this here.
Pulpatoon wrote:Are those languages what we speak before any additional languages granted by Intelligence?
Sorry but since you are all playing as monsters (not real characters), there won’t be any additional languages added for high intelligence.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Pulpatoon »

Fair enough!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Starbeard »

Sorry to have gone AWOL over the last week, we just had a kid.

Would it be alright if Loomis gets a rolling start on finalizing his character sheet while we play through the intro? I don't want to hold things back while I'm trying to figure out my new schedule.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by ravenn4544 »

Had a kid? :).

Congrats!!!!!

Return to “Revenge on the Borderlands Keep (1E)”