OOC

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#61 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
Rusty Tincanne wrote:I hadn't read the map right before, and thought we were closer to the base of the tower, not down the ravine.

Horny Carl listens to the little voice and changes direction again, heading west along the base of the cliff. He will look for any signs of a larger tunnel or anything remotely useful. He feels odd about being so close to the Keep.
Your post says HC moves west, but that would take him off the map, so I assumed you meant east. If I am incorrect, please feel free to address that in your next post. Thanks! :D
DANG!!!! I am SO East-West dyslexic! Either that or I live in the wrong hemisphere. :rolleyes: You were right. I meant east, along the base of the cliff.

Maybe Ondrake can throw a boulder over the wall just before we teleport out? Though that would let the guards know about the tunnel...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

I would prefer they never know we were here until the actual attack comes.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Starbeard »

Hi guys.

Really sorry to have fallen off these past few weeks. I’ve switched over to being the one who stays home with the newborn most days, and between that, teaching, and trying to move apartments, I’ve just been too swamped to do anything else.

Anyway, I realize now I was an idiot for thinking that I could keep up with online gaming while in the middle of all that, so now I sadly have to back out of my games here indefinitely, until life calms down. I was really looking forward to running Loopis, but it wasn't meant to be. My apologies for dropping the ball, Ogre, and please do whatever you like with him, cut him out or hand him to someone else.

Good luck everyone!

PS: Those GaryCon photos are great. Did you rearrange the map of the Keep based on what you had available for the model?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sorry to lose you, but you absolutely have my sympathy. Go be a good parent/partner/teacher and try to catch as much sleep as you can!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#65 Post by Scott308 »

Do what you need to do. Real life takes priority over games. Having said that, if/when you are ready to return, we'll be happy to game with you again.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#66 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for the heads up, SB!

I wish you the very best with the new life experiences! But do come back to us here on the Servant once you're ready. :mrgreen:

Yes, I had to modify the shape and size of the Keep to what I had available for tiles.

And yes.....that is Special Guest Allen Hammack playing in the game. :mrgreen:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Urson »

Hello, folks! Sorry for the radio silence- I was at Who's Yer Con this weekend. I thought I could keep up with the stuff here, but it turns out I was way wrong! I'm sorry for any threads I may have held up.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#68 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will be out of the country on vacation for the next 2 weeks. I will try to keep up with all of my games, but wanted to warn you about possible delays just in case I cant.

Scott308

#69 Post by Scott308 »

Have fun! Try not to get too sunburned. :lol:
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#70 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I very much appreciate how most of you have continued to push the action along in this game.

I must admit that I didn't anticipate the vast differences there would be running this one as a PbP game. The introduction process and game play was obviously much easier with a huge 3d model of the keep sitting on the table in front of the live players. I feel like this game has been a bit of a slog so far due to the lack of visual aids, preventing some of the characters from coming up with alternative ideas to try. So, I am grateful for those of you persevered all the same. :D

The object of this reconnaissance phase was to find the hatch in the escape tunnel and the rubble pile/construction area on the outside of the wall, all while avoiding being detected by the many guards who protect the place. I think that has been fairly successful so far with what you have had to work with.

Despite the visual challenges with running this on a 2d map instead of a playable model, I am still happy to continue with the game here. I realize that victory will be much harder to obtain with one less character involved, (Loopis) but I already have something in mind to remedy that discrepancy.

So, if the players who are still checking in on this game would like to see how badly the monsters get slaughtered, :twisted: lets keep going and make some plans to attack. If the majority of you find the visual aspects of the game too lacking, I am ok with shelving this one as well. I will leave that up to you guys.

Any thoughts or comments are always appreciated. :D

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by ravenn4544 »

Monsters.. slaughtered?? whoa whoa whoa -- let's not jump to conclusions here. We may be a bit chaotic and stupid and have no appreciable attention span - but we are mighty damnit!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:

I will mark the hill giant down as wanting to continue. :mrgreen:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rex »

I am with the hill giant on this one, we ain't done yet!

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Pulpatoon »

The lady bugbear is also still onboard. That Keep still has magic that rightly belongs to her on account of she wants it!

Scott308

#75 Post by Scott308 »

There's humans to kill- and maybe some elves, dwarves, gnomes, or halflings as well!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Urson »

As long as the game is active, I'm glad to continue.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#77 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, excellent.

I will continue this planning phase then so we can move along to the big battle.

It wont be any easier for the monsters with a short crew, so I will likely NPC the characters who have left or are no longer posting.

Thanks, and good luck. :D

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by ravenn4544 »

Can Ondrake see any other doors or windows he could reach. Does he see any of this 'buddies' around from where he is?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#79 Post by OGRE MAGE »

There is a normal wooden door on the ground floor leading into all of the towers and most of the buildings. There are windows on the second floors, about 15 feet above the doors. Ondrake won’t fit into any of them, though. They are human sized.

He can see Othrod on top of the west wall, and sees a few more guards around as well. But the guards don’t seem too keen on charging at the giant for some reason.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by ravenn4544 »

Will be offline from this Sunday through the following Sunday (150 mile white water rafting trip through the grand canyon :)). Please NPC as appropriate.

Return to “Revenge on the Borderlands Keep (1E)”