Mission 3: What Have You Read on Kindle?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Mission 3: What Have You Read on Kindle?

#181 Post by Urson »

Joker

Thank you.. 'Papa P.' I am just trying to be thorough- as I understand it, some of these entities are very strict about the rules. As for trapping this thing, I am not certain. I will need to examine any data readings that have been taken, and then crunch the numbers.

When Jason suggests a new recon, Joker nods. That would be better than relying on old data. I will go along.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#183 Post by Taaz »

We arent 100% its just a theory we are working on but we had a conversation with Bass Reaves that makes me think we could be dealing with something like that.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#184 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

I think going back to the courthouse is a good idea. Get everyone there, less likely to miss something important.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Rex »

Mac
"That is a good idea."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#186 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy somehow with a cup of coffee again and food just nods his head in agreement while chewing.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Bluehorse »

Papa Popescu There was a long pause on the other end of the line. You know what? I think in light of everything I am just going to give that the whatever. Why should I start calling things weird at this point? I will say this. That guilt free congregation might well mean a confessed one. We know that You Know Who feeds off guilt. But if you are going up to the Arch Angel of Justice, you'd best be clear of conscious too. Remember... He is the other side of the coin. Same job. God's Law can and will be held against you.
Not because Rague is vindictive, just you are talking about something that looks on us literally as being ants but for God's Laws and us being his children. Maybe you should have a confessional or something. I'm not here to push religion, I am just worried about the forces we are dealing with here and your safety, you understand.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Rex »

Mac

"That sound like a good idea and I am comfortable with a confession as long as you are willing to accept it since I am Roman Catholic."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Urson »

Joker

I am a lapsed Muslim, and I will need guidance on how Confession is done. My grandfather would burst into flames if he knew- he was a muezzin all his adult life.

But- is this actually the plan? To try and convince an Archangel to help defeat a demon? Isn't that a bit like trying to use dynamite to stabilize nitroglycerin?
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#190 Post by Taaz »

Good Advice Papa

After hearing Jokers question, Well Actual big name demons arent exactly zap and traps, so I figure at least find ever advantage we might be able to leverage.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Rex »

Mac

"I think we are on the edge of our capabilities at best, so we need all the help we can get."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Urson »

Joker

When it is closer to the time, I may do that, sir.

Turning to Jason, he nods. I understand. But I will allow someone better versed in such things to do the actual work.
FA FO

GreyWolfVT

#194 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy keeps listening eating and drinking coffee. Not really having anything to add to the conversation currently until he has had time to research.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#195 Post by Scott308 »

My momma made me go to church when I was young, but we weren't Catholic. I, too, don't really know what to do, but I guess it couldn't hurt...right?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse:  Home Sweet Home
Back @ HQ
August 24, 2018, 10:00 am
Cool and Breezy

PPP chuckles a bit. My understanding is that every major religion has some for me unloading their consciousness of guilt.
I might be Orthodox, but I think even Baptist and Islamists have some form of coming before God and admitting their shortcomings to be forgiven and blessed. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my own perish. Best to just come at it like a conversation. No one is going to judge. If you prefer, I can promise you that I am alone right now in my office, and you can all come to me in private one at a time here while the rest of your wait in another room. That way no one is embarrassed.

We will make this really easy. A montage of sorts. Everyone posts something that their character needs to get off their chest.
Something that is on their conscious.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  136/136 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 117/117 @
Roy O'Dowd: 89/89 (*) @
David "Mac" McAuslan 124/125 (*) @
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 147/152 (***) @

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!

* - Recovering from Proton Flashback.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

Scott308

#197 Post by Scott308 »

I can do this now, over the phone. Uh, when I was a freshman at Oklahoma, I had an English paper that I needed at least a C on or I would have been suspended from the team and miss the bowl game. I turned it in and got a D+, but the teacher told me I could have three days to redo it. I busted my ass on that paper, but I wasn't a very good writer, and I knew I'd never be able to improve it enough. I knew a kid I went to high school with that was not a football player, but was really smart. He was a year ahead of me at OU, and I had him look at my paper and rework it. Not enough to make it look like I didn't do it, but enough to get me a passing grade. He got a C+ and $50. That was the only time I cheated. I'm not proud of what I did. My mom would have been disappointed if I got suspended from the team, but she would have really been disappointed if she found out I had someone do my paper for me. Looking at the other Ghostbusters, he continues. Just so you guys all know, I did all my own work at GBU. It took me longer than normal to graduate, but I earned everything. You don't have to worry that if we're on a call, was this situation an assignment I had someone do for me when we covered it in school. I may have had to repeat a class a time or two, but I eventually passed. Now, if I remember all of it, well...let's just say you've got plenty of other people in this room that you should ask first.

GreyWolfVT

#198 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy not really sure what to say stammers "Well I uh used to be addicted to video games....and I used to binge watch movies with my mate Moss." pausing to try and thing of a real thing to say in confession "I used to not care about my work or others. Well except for my friends and family. That's all changed now."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy not really sure what to say stammers "Well I uh used to be addicted to video games....and I used to binge watch movies with my mate Moss." pausing to try and thing of a real thing to say in confession "I used to not care about my work or others. Well except for my friends and family. That's all changed now."
PPP Glad to hear that last part. Always glad to hear when someone gets a handle on addiction, no matter what form it might take. It takes a good deal of courage to stand up to someone and even more to stand up to yourself. Keep it up. And God Bless you. Go forth and do good works.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Urson »

Joker
I haven't attended any sort of worship since I was...12. I eat pork on a regular basis, I drink wine and whiskey, and I honestly cannot believe in Allah- or any other form of Divine.

Joker shrugs. I really don't know what to say.
FA FO

Return to “Mission Archive”