Mission 3: What Have You Read on Kindle?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Mission 3: What Have You Read on Kindle?

#161 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Jason[/b] wrote:Good Morning,
Can we please send some flowers and a card to Jakes hospital room from the franchise? Want to let them know he is in our thoughts. Also a best wishes card to Etta, I know she wouldn't have left this in a hurry if it wasn't important.
Thanks!
Jason.
Julia shoots an email back.

Jason was checked out a couple weeks ago and it back home now. Should I have something sent there?
[b]Jason[/b] wrote:Then he begins looking around the internet until he finds a local delivery gig site and places the following order:

Please deliver a basket with assorted fruit, bread, and tiny liquor bottles to the chapel at Mercy Smith hospital. Just place the basket in an out of the way place with a tag to Jack Feelgoode. Please add the note "From your friendly Ghostbuster Jason, thanks for the help while I was out of it" Clicking thru to finish the order he pulls out his debit card and is sure to tip very well.
Confirmation Email arrives! Your order is on its way!
[b]Jason[/b] wrote:He then pulls out his phone and sends a message to Gabby Hope your doing good this morning, I feel great. If your up to it would you want to get something to eat tonight? After last night tho, no BBQ...Maybe a salad
Gabby Pizza sound good? I know a place.
[b]Jason[/b] wrote: As Jason finishes up the white boards he picks up Papa P's journal and sits at his desk, before he opens it having looked through the notes he decides to take care of some business first, firing off an email to Julia
He then goes to reading the journal waiting for the others.
Brains to see if there is anything immediate useful in the Journal
Brains: [3d6] = 13 Ghost:[1d6] = 5
It is hard, but thankfully you and Etta worked out most of the translations on night one and you kept your notes which works as a great key.
There is a lot of information about church practices to ward against demons as well as how to welcome angelic attention. Kindle is finally mentioned by PPP I: The demon demands the attention of the guilty so he can drain them of their life-fire.
Kindle is a demon of twisted words, guilt, and hellfire. A consumer of the fallen. He is of the First House of Light, the same house as Lucifer himself, making him exceptionally powerful and of course dangerous.

...I believe I have isolated the source of our recent plague of deaths in our town. A demon named Kindle. Even now with the proper wards, I am weary to write his name more than I have already have. His name cannot be uttered outside of a blessed circle, less we attract his attention. my grandfather's grandfather passed down an old ritual dating back to the earliest days before the church used to bind such demons to trees that entrap them and siphon their power back to the earth and into hell where they belong. It requires a fully confessed congregation, an ordained minister of an ancient line, the good book, holy water, and of course a tree that has been blessed in service to the lord. The ritual must be completed before the demon can be imprisoned.

The Ritual is outlined with both words and actions, but it is in a very old almost archaic blend of Old Romanian and Proto-European, with annotations in more modern forms in the margins. Doubtless, you will need Papa P. for this part unless you can work out a translation key for this as well.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#162 Post by GreyWolfVT »

no idea what to post here.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Rex »

Me too.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker is poking around in the duty logs, making notes about previous missions.

He see the interest in Papa P's book, and asks enough questions to get up to speed.

Do we have accurate definitions for all these terms? The Good Book is easy enough, but what about 'fully confessed congregation, an ordained minister of an ancient line, and a tree that has been blessed in service to the lord'? I do not understand the supernatural end of our business, but I know that, just as in Physics, everything must be exactly right.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#165 Post by Taaz »

Im not sure to be honest, I thought we might reach out to the priest, see if he had any other takes on things, especially with everything that happened at the courthouse. Sounds like all of those are good avenues to research too.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Bluehorse »

As discussions continue, Julia chimes in on the intercom. Hey Guys? I have a Papa Popescu on the phone for you. I am going to patch it through the conference line for you. The conference phone in the middle of the table begins ringing and when it is answered, they hear the familiar voice of the jolly old priest:
Hello boys! I woke up and a bird whispered in my ear. Call them! So I am here in my office with my morning coffee and checking up on you. All is well, I hope?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Hello Father, we were just discussing your book actually, perhaps you could help us with some definitions?"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#168 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Hi, Papa!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#169 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy so as not to be rude "Salutations how are you Papa Popescu?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker stays silent for now, wanting to learn whatever he can about the situation.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Bluehorse »

PPP Hello, hello, all around. So I think I have this ritual down. I feel confident I can do it. There are some stipulations though, it cannot be interrupted, and it has to be performed in the presence of the *ahem* subject at hand. Not looking forward to that bit of business, I must say. What have you found on your end?

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#172 Post by Taaz »

Hola Padre! Jason says when he rings. and then looking around at the others ...well. We have some info I don't know if it will be news to you or not. We have identified that guilt is one of the key ways he gets power. And the Jury is still out on the old man as either a follower or just conveniently a jerk. he hits a few more high points trying and then ...and then theres this whole other thing, we were hoping to get your opinion on. Would you-know-who have anything to do with any Arch Angles? Raguel to be specific?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote:Hola Padre! Jason says when he rings. and then looking around at the others ...well. We have some info I don't know if it will be news to you or not. We have identified that guilt is one of the key ways he gets power. And the Jury is still out on the old man as either a follower or just conveniently a jerk. he hits a few more high points trying and then ...and then theres this whole other thing, we were hoping to get your opinion on. Would you-know-who have anything to do with any Arch Angles? Raguel to be specific?
PPP Raguel? Raguel... Raguel... Yes... The Arch Angel of Justice. Now he would be a real heavy hitter. We're talking hand of God, God's officers type. Smote the wicked and all that. Why do you ask?

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#174 Post by Taaz »

Jason looks to the guys, Anyone else wanna answer that one?I think it was Mac who thought it, or Joker?

GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy has no idea what to say so here quietly stands there shrugging and shaking his head indicating he is at a loss.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Rex »

Mac

If it was Mac I don't remember it.

"Hello Father, its Mac. Being an Arch Angel I wouldn't expect Raguel to be concerned with mortals so much, more those below him in the Heavenly Host. Do I have that wrong, its been a long time since Catechism for me."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Bluehorse »

PPP Catechism... That is a harder nut to crack. I never liked the idea of fixed questions and answers. More of a fan of having a good idea all around, but I should stop before I start rambling. I think, and as you can guess, there is a big host of ifs along with this, but if you have contact with an archangel, any archangel, or someone or something connected to them, then you have a real ally.
But be careful. They might be on the opposite side of the spectrum, and frankly where we all strive to be, when they look on us, they only see that other side of us. When you are far to one side, everything else looks like an opposing force, if you follow my meaning.
To the ultra holy, we are all sinners and evil. Approach with respect and humility.

Now, Raguel, from what I remember was an archangel of justice and his name means "Friend of God". Now let's see...
you can hear a book being thumbed through on the other side. Yes! Here it is... justice, fairness, speech, harmony, vengeance and redemption. That vengeance part is what would scare me, because he is more or less an archangel of God's Law enforcement. Think of God being the judge, alright? Raguel would literally be his gavel. And when you are a great big smoting hammer, everyone begins to look like nails. Let me see here... He is also 6th in the line of angels who are the watchers... Looking on the world to witness those breaking God's Law.

What else... what else... ok in Enoch 2... here we go. This is considered non-canonical of course, but it is here all the same, so take it with a grain of salt: Raguel's duties have remained the same across Jewish and Christian traditions. Much like a sheriff or constable, Raguel's purpose has always been to keep fallen angels and demons in check, delivering heinous judgment upon any that over-step their boundaries. He has been known to destroy wicked spirits, and cast fallen angels into Hell (called Gehenna in the Hebrew Old Testament and called Tartarus in the Greek New Testament).

Raguel is not mentioned in the canonical writings of the Bible. However, in 2 Enoch, which is generally considered non-canonical, the patriarch Enoch was carried as a mortal to and from Heaven by the angels Raguel and Sariel.

There was a pause. That is all I have for you right now, my boys. I can look into it further, but even my at hand resources are limited on this sort of thing. Maybe I can call in some favors and get a bit more, but it will take some time.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Urson »

Joker

Hello, sir! I am Joker Jelal, a fairly new hire here. I asked my co-workers about some terminology that came up in the ritual. I believe you are the person to actually define the terms: a fully confessed congregation, an ordained minister of an ancient line, and a tree that has been blessed in service to the lord?
I am, unfortunately, not as fluent in English or Christianity as some of the others. Perhaps I missed this part of your discussion. If that is the case, I apologize.

Joker starts to light one of his foul-smelling cigars... but catches a dirty look from one of the others and settles for chewing on the end.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Bluehorse »

PPP A fully confessed congregation, well that seems simple enough. A congregation is any group of people. Fully confessed, would mean without guilt. Not a bad idea when facing against "You know who" or Raguel for that matter.

An ordained minister is pretty self-explanatory: A holy man. An ancient line... not to brag, but I come from a long line of priests. The benefit of being orthodox. We can marry and have kids. So I guess I am it.

Far as a tree blessed in the lord's service... I blessed many trees in my youth! None of them in that way, but I would imagine a little holy water and a prayer would do it if we wanted to trap something in it. There is a part of the same journal I have been reading that mentions it. I suppose we should have something on standby, but do you think your traps and technology is good enough to get him?

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#180 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote:PPP ... Much like a sheriff or constable, Raguel's purpose has always been to keep fallen angels and demons in check...
Jason's eyebrows go up at that line, following up after Joker, Well, I think that pretty much convinces me, now like you said are our goals aligned? I'm not a big fan of being in someone like his way? Yall thing it might be worth checking out the old courthouse site again?

Return to “Mission Archive”