Journey to the Mines

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Journey to the Mines

#161 Post by VonAlric »

Ganeg

"Kobolds? Aggravating buggers. Yeah, shields can help if they are shooting at you. Wait a sec..." Ganeg pauses and thinks for a moment. "What are we using to cross the pit? How big is it? Why do you need to burn some.... oh, right. Humans. Can't see in the dark like a dwarf. I guess you would need some light to cross the pit."
After a moment, he speaks again. "Do we know for a fact that they are still there waiting on you? Since I can see in there, I can scout ahead for a moment to take a quick look and see what waits for us? Any problems with that?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#162 Post by alver »

Cedric gets to work undoing the damage to the table. Setting a bridge across the pit made sense and there was no point in arguing that. He takes the now 6-foot boards and nails them together, using 3 boards to get back to the length of 12'. He nails shorter boards from table legs across, so the longer pieces hold together. The party now has a crappy halfling-built portable siege bridge.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sister Parthenope helps reconstruct the table-bridge, and nods approvingly to Cedric over their handiwork. "A sluggard's appetite is never filled, but the diligent shall feast on satisfaction."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#164 Post by Antman9 »

Raynor Kjarr: Human Fighter (HP: 8) (AC: 3/4/4 - Banded Mail, Shield)
Action/Status: Ready to split some wigs!

Raynor assists with door/shield/table/pit cover using the head of his forest axe as a hammer. Every time he misses the nail, hitting his thumb/finger, which is quite often, because he’s no carpenter, he curses “Mikill Wotan!” (meaning: Praise Odin!).

Between curses he talks, “Agreed Ganeg, an advance scout…Mikill Wotan!...with caution, should do us well. No needs to …Mikill Wotan!...be brave nor careless though. The Kobold be a sneaky …Mikill Wotan!...conniving snake. And this fine looking siege-bridge shall …Mikill Wotan!...gain us advantage Cedric. Our handy-work shall serve us well I think.

Raynor stands back upon completion to admire the party’s handy work. He smiles a quirky smile. “It shall do, most certainly! When do we leave? There be rats and stinking lizard-skinned dogs awaiting the taste of our steel and righteous words of divine law. They shant abide Sister Parthenope’s scorn, I shan’t think. Shall we depart this stone abode for the confines of another stone? Something more suited to Ganeg’s nature?
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sister Parthenope gathers the party around her for a blessing. "Kneel, here and here and here. Yes, even you, the heathen—don't think I didn't hear those filthy oaths. Kneel and shut your trap."

Brandishing her mace as a holy symbol, she intones:
"May it be Your will, O Just and Watchful Gods and the Warrant of our Ancestors, that You lead us toward Victory, guide our footsteps toward Dominion, and make us to smite our enemies with Divine Wrath. May You rescue us from the hand of every foe, ambush along the way, and from all manner of punishments and perfidy that assemble upon and beneath this monster-blighted earth. May You send blessing in our handiwork, and grant us Grace, Strength, and Authority in Your eyes and in the eyes of all who see us. May you hear our humble supplications, soon followed by the cries of the wicked."

Laying hands on Cedric's head, she continues, "Knit this humble rag, O Wheel of Righteousness, that it might wipe away the merest fleck of dung from your Holy Tread."

Cure Light Wounds [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

Lowering her upraised arms, she dusts her hands, spits, and says, "Alright, to your feet. No more malingering; there's work to be done."

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#166 Post by alver »

Cedric kneels humbly in prayer. That Parson Paul had a book that contained all the answers was impressive enough, however this woman did not even need a book. And then there was the physical manifestation of divine power, of course. He leaps to his feet and squeaks,

"I am cured! Praise the gods!"

Ready to head to the mine here

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#167 Post by Antman9 »

Raynor Kjarr: Human Fighter (HP: 8) (AC: 3/4/4 - Banded Mail, Shield)
Action/Status: Ready for Action!

Raynor opens his mouth to reply to Sister Parthenope's remarks, then thinks better of it and kneels as instructed while the prayer, blessing, and laying on of hands are offered. Once concluded he stands spiritedly. “Yes, Lady of the righteous wheel, let us leave this crumbled tower and give punishment to those dog lizard midgets hiding in the dark dungeon.

Raynor smiles a big grin, happy to be headed toward adventure, and plunder, and the fight.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#168 Post by VonAlric »

Ganeg

Ganeg listens to Sister Parthenope as she speaks to everyone prior to and during the blessing. He looks up and down at her, studying her. As the group gathers up their items, he moves over to her side. "I don't think you have any dwarven blood in you, you're a bit too tall for that. The way you speak is familiar, is it possible that you were trained by dwarves?" He moves off towards the mines after speaking his peace.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sister Parthenope to Ganeg, rather sniffily: "I was raised in Faith and Obedience, virtues available to all creatures with sense sufficient to apprehend Divine Will. If there are dwarves who avail themselves to the Rigors of Judgement, then it is to their credit, but it is not an exclusive claim."

Return to “The Mines of Khunmar (LL)”