Journey to the Mines

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Journey to the Mines

#121 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Why's that? You wouldn't expect a lady to running around naked all the way out here, would ya?

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#122 Post by rossik »

"Shields", say Igneos, out of nowhere. "We should enter the cave with large tower shields!"

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#123 Post by alver »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Why's that? You wouldn't expect a lady to running around naked all the way out here, would ya?
"Huh? No, I mean what is she doing there? Let's go ask if she needs help."

Tower shields is brilliant actually. Well, we don't have those but maybe some sort of cover can be constructed.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#124 Post by rossik »

alver wrote:
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Why's that? You wouldn't expect a lady to running around naked all the way out here, would ya?
"Huh? No, I mean what is she doing there? Let's go ask if she needs help."

Tower shields is brilliant actually. Well, we don't have those but maybe some sort of cover can be constructed.

"We can try to built them with wood from tower. doors, tables, etc"

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#125 Post by Tamerlaine »

"We can try to built them with wood from tower. doors, tables, etc"
Oooh, someone's being clever.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by tarlyn »

Norzak

"Good idea! Mebbe we can also bring us some wood fer the trap to pass over the trap too?"
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by spanningtree »

Grenda - Elf

Shield tower, or similar, would be brilliant.... let's go see if this lady needs help. Can't have to many friends out here.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#128 Post by alver »

Cedric enters the first floor of the tower.

"Hello? Uh.. anybody here?"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Parson Paul reminds the group about the myriad of stories of women living alone I the wilds.They never end well, friends. Let's be careful. She is likely a wigered, old crone looking to feast on our souls!

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Pulpatoon »

Just as her aching bones were starting to settle in for the night, now Sister Parthanope has some new wickedness to deal with!

Gathering up her robes about her, making sure her hair is modestly tucked into her habit, putting an iron lid over the glowing embers of her small cook fire, she straightens up and fishes a mace out of the folded depths of her garb. Hefting it with weary pragmatism, she begins to make her way down the steps. "Gods in judgement on high, give me the strength to crack some goddamned sinful brains right out of their monstrous skulls."

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#131 Post by alver »

Cedric freezes as Sister Parthenope comes down the stairs with the mace.

"Do you live here? Cuz kobolds shot us with arrows and killed our mage. And Norzak fell into a pit and rats bit his butt! So we're tired and we want to rest here. Please, can we?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#132 Post by tarlyn »

Norzak

Grunting and wincing, the dwarf tries to find as comfortable a position and finally just collapses

on his back with a bug "thump". He nods off soon after.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Parson Paul backs away from the obviously-more-faithful clergy woman. Hey now. Hold on. No monsters here. No need for thumping anyone just yet.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sister Parthanope seems reluctant to take the party's word that they aren't monsters, and she keeps her mace out and ready, but she does warily bring them back to her little camp spot. She lifts the iron lid off her embers and says to Parson Paul, "If you want to warm your bones, you can breathe some life back into those embers. Looks like that one," she indicates Norzak, "could use some warmed up rations. But no funny business, right? The gods demand vigilance without cease, and I am not about to let my guard down just so that you can... I dunno, turn into spiders or bats and goat-spider-bats, or whatever unnatural tomfoolery you're planning in your wicked, awful little hearts."

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#135 Post by rossik »

"I can use some rest", say Igneos the mage.
(OOC: oh, just realize our magic item was left in pulpatoon mage body)

"Sister, what is your business here? Would you like to join our adventurous band?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Pulpatoon »

rossik wrote:"Sister, what is your business here? Would you like to join our adventurous band?"
The stern Sister Parthanope points a hard finger at Igneos. "Curiosity is an unwelcome imposition on others. I keep my council between myself and the righteous gods.

"Now, what is your wicked mission? What heathen pleasure do you intend to debase yourselves with among these ruins? Do you think the sight of Holy Judgment does not spy as far as this?"

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by rossik »

"no no, we are doomed, thats right. the question is not "if", but "when"'

"we are to get gold, riches and fame. maybe you are not about fame, but thats fine. a lot of ugly baddies can interfere, so any assistance would be nice!"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Pulpatoon »

Sister Parthanope: "Avarice? Vanity? Bloodlust? These are what drive you?" Darting a withering look at Parson Paul, she says, "It is clear that you need spiritual guidance."

She heaves a weary sigh that communicates her total lack of interest in being bothered with this, but, goddammit, duty is duty. Standing her mace in front of her and taking on a ceremonial tone, she says, "I hereby dedicate this expedition to extending the Pure Light of the Righteousness into this dark place, and reclaiming these lost souls—unless they turn out to be monsters or incorrigible sinners, in which I can I will beat their ugly heads to red mash and piss on the remains. In the Name of Judgement, Amen."

With this over, she casts a proprietary eye over the party and says, "Well, you've had a chance to warm yourselves and take a morsel or two. That's enough—do not add idleness or gluttony to your list of sins. Sleep now. I'll wake you up when it is your turn to keep watch. Anyone who snores gets rolled down the stairs."

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#139 Post by rossik »

(OOC: im loving Pulpa pc!)

"THATS what we need, sister! I will go to sleep and recover my energies (and spells). After that, we can make our tower shields"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Pulpatoon wrote:Sister Parthanope: "Avarice? Vanity? Bloodlust? These are what drive you?" Darting a withering look at Parson Paul, she says, "It is clear that you need spiritual guidance."
Paul holds his hands up in protest. I didn't say that. It was Igneous, pointing at the mage to take some of the heat off himself. He pulls out his own prayer book and offers a hand, I'm Parson Paul Paulson. Of the cloth, like you. Only a guy, not a gal. And not so zealous, either, he thinks.

He takes the time to introduce the group, pointing out their flaws to the sister so she'll ignore him. He finishes with Falstoff. He likes to drink. Then Paul tries to get some sleep.

Return to “The Mines of Khunmar (LL)”