Greyhawk Q&A

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Greyhawk Q&A

#61 Post by Vargr1105 »

Stonjuz wrote:
Vargr1105 wrote:
Any goals your characters have in Greyhawk proper, should be revoiced now....
Yeah, get Nayman back on his feet or retire the poor bastard already.
Done
Well, yeah. I guess death can be considered a form of retirement. :P

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by Stonjuz »

I found it !!! I found my copy of the module where Iuz creeps its hand into the Great City. (Maybe there is more than one, but this is the one I know of, and own. )Here it is. Drum roll please. I will need an honest response on pre-knowledge, as I will tie it into our thread somehow, and then follow the module as best as possible. This may help with recruitment also. After giving you all the initial vote, I will post much more in the recruitment threads.
If you have played it (which is possible), or do not wish to play it (also possible) speak up.

Please try and refrain from searching it out (its pretty old, like most of the others we frequent here at the US, and it has to be out there on the web im sure)
WGA1-Falcon's_Revenge.jpg
WGA1-Falcon's_Revenge.jpg (25.35 KiB) Viewed 950 times
Falcon's Revenge -WGA1
The Free City of Greyhawk beckons. Touted as the Gem of the Flanaess, it offers excitement and adventure in the form of magic to be learned, deals to be made, and streets to be explored. But wait - something else lurks here that threatens adventurers at every turn. Is someone following you - or is it your imagination? Why is your party receiving threats - you've been in town only a few days! Something evil does lurk in Greyhawk. But before it can be eliminated, it must first be discovered. Can your party find it before it finds you?
Falcon's Revenge is the first of a three-part series of adventures for the ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS 2nd Edition role-playing game, but it can also stand alone.

The years have been hard on this one. No 3D cutouts remain. :oops:

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by NJWilliam »

No knowledge of it, looks good to me!
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Nope, never seen it before! If it had been 2e-era FR, I'm sure I'd know of it, but this is my first time even seeing the cover. Sounds fun! :D

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by Stonjuz »

I have again learned that I screwed up the official timeline AGAIN.....in a BIG way too...
I am not changing the main thread name ....from Inn of the Unseen Servant Greyhawk 591
I should.
What we will are playing here is, for the most part, the events leading up to 591. (especially if I stay with the Falcon series, so I doubt we go that direction after part 1)
Only one way to find out what happens.......shall we begin?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Rukellian »

I guess not knowing anything about Greyhawk and its history has its perks! ;)
With that said, I'm ready to start when everyone else is. Rewriting history or not, this should be fun.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by ragnboneshopper »

I'm not a big stickler on the established history of fantasy settings. Pick a starting point and make it your own is my thought. So no sweat from my standpoint!

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by Stonjuz »

Servant Ring Fish Arena Temple.gif
Servant Ring Fish Arena Temple.gif (240.99 KiB) Viewed 888 times

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by Stonjuz »

Since it has been responible for at least 2000 xp so far I figured what its only right ot show you a picture of the Arena.
(two blocks from Talaseka , and Cobbler's, boardinghouse) a magnificent sight indeed
arrowhead.jpg
arrowhead.jpg (26.11 KiB) Viewed 878 times

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by wolfpack »

A place of failure and sorrow indeed.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by Stonjuz »

wolfpack wrote:A place of failure and sorrow indeed.
You have no idea.

Seriously though, there is not alot of artwork for the GREYHAWK ARENA on the web.
Someone have good art skills? willing to change the word CHIEFS, on the scoreboard, into ARENA , or GREYHAWK?
Anyone see others they like?'
Go cobbler.jpg
Go cobbler.jpg (111.87 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Attachments
GHK_Arene_base.jpg
GHK_Arene_base.jpg (94.11 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rukellian »

I would imagine the arena looking something like this:
arena_of_verona.jpg
arena_of_verona.jpg (199.73 KiB) Viewed 861 times
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by Stonjuz »

Not sure where you got that picture..Verona? THAT Verona?
reminds me of this...
Attachments
Pinkfloydpompeii.jpg
Pinkfloydpompeii.jpg (73.54 KiB) Viewed 853 times

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#74 Post by Stonjuz »

For those that rolled low enough on their 1d20 non weapon proficiency checks: Legend lore, local history, etc....

The Millstream is a wide stream that runs north to south through the Free City of Greyhawk. The stream emerges from underground in the High Quarter, across High Street, into the Garden Quarter, then into Clerkburg neighborhood, where it is straddled by the Bridge of Entwined Hearts.
Legend tells that marriage proposals made on this bridge will result in lifelong unions. It is possibly the most romantic place in town.
Talaseka sighs softly as she closes the ring back into its box

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Stonjuz »

Now a word about Strongarm's diety.
Reading from this page should give at least a few possiblities for dwarven dieites associated with Greyhawk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_deities

unless you have already chosen one.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I have not selected one yet. Though I am leading towards Berronar Truesilver - dwarf deity of safety, truth, home, and healing. or Dumathoin - the patron of mountain dwarves, and the dwarf deity of mining and underground exploration. although Muamman Duathal - dwarf deity of wanderers and expatriates. fits my alignment better.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by grey_starr »

Hmmm found my copy of the Scarlet Brotherhood...
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#78 Post by Stonjuz »

Not sure how much of the SB the party may know of , but that will not come into play. At least in this, the first module.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by Stonjuz »

ednichols wrote:I have not selected one yet. Though I am leading towards Berronar Truesilver - dwarf deity of safety, truth, home, and healing. or Dumathoin - the patron of mountain dwarves, and the dwarf deity of mining and underground exploration. although Muamman Duathal - dwarf deity of wanderers and expatriates. fits my alignment better.
Duathal is Forgotten Relams
We are going with Truesilver, unless i change my mind today

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#80 Post by GreyWolfVT »

just to clarify I have no real knowledge of Greyhawk other than i have the adventure begins 2nd edition box set never did much with it yet.
i wasn't paying attention to the deities list that said greyhawk so that is my bad lol

but under Truesilver is says "Berronar Truesilver was first detailed in Roger E. Moore's article "The Dwarven Point of View," in Dragon #58 (TSR, 1982) in which she was just called Berronar.[16] In Dragon #92 (December 1984), Gary Gygax indicated this as one of the deities legal for the Greyhawk setting." So I guess she is my god/goddess if that is ok and or your mind is not changed. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”