OOC - Welcome and Chat

atpollard
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC - Welcome and Chat

#221 Post by Urson »

sympathies. I had the same problem about 5 years ago.
FA FO

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#222 Post by AsenRG »

Zhym wrote:"Yes! A simple arrangement of prisms and mirrors, combined with an articulated waldo mechanism, would do quite the trick! Forget the doctor—is there a good machine shop nearby?"
:D

I see you like steampunk!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Zhym »

Well, I did just binge-read the entire run to date of Girl Genius. ;)

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#224 Post by atpollard »

Sorry for the lag on my end. I was waiting to give any players that wanted to chime in, a chance to ... and then the flu sidelined me about the time I should have responded. The brain fog is lifting and I should have a third cylinder firing by morning. So a REF response is coming soon.

Is it safe to say that:

1. Treat the minor wound on the new Doctor (minutes)
2. Build a light to search better in the dark. (hours)
3. Search the rocks where the trail ended with the light (hours)

Is a rough summary of the current plan (in logical order)?

If anyone wanted to talk to people in the different parts of town (and I missed it), just shout out who is heading out as a group and what part of town they are carousing in.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#225 Post by AsenRG »

atpollard wrote:Sorry for the lag on my end. I was waiting to give any players that wanted to chime in, a chance to ... and then the flu sidelined me about the time I should have responded. The brain fog is lifting and I should have a third cylinder firing by morning. So a REF response is coming soon.

Is it safe to say that:

If anyone wanted to talk to people in the different parts of town (and I missed it), just shout out who is heading out as a group and what part of town they are carousing in.
Remy is going to meet the survivors from the shipwreck. He's going to ask where they're located, first.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#226 Post by atpollard »

AsenRG wrote:
atpollard wrote:Sorry for the lag on my end. I was waiting to give any players that wanted to chime in, a chance to ... and then the flu sidelined me about the time I should have responded. The brain fog is lifting and I should have a third cylinder firing by morning. So a REF response is coming soon.

Is it safe to say that:

Remy is going to meet the survivors from the shipwreck. He's going to ask where they're located, first.
No problem, that is common knowledge. The New Dawn had 20 First Class passengers and 40 Second Class Passengers who have largely filled the local Hotel rooms (Gwynedd Hotel for First Class) ... ("Grogg and Tankard" and "Hearthfire Inn" for Second Class). The overflow from the Second Class plus about 80 Third Class passengers were rescued by the local fishermen and have taken shelter on the floor of cottages in "The Landings". Almost 1/4 of the current population of Gwynedd is a shipwreck survivor (140 survivors to 500 locals).

So you can talk to people up here in Company Town, or head to Old Town to talk to some, or visit the Third Class in The Landings.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#227 Post by AsenRG »

Which people would travel in second class? If they're close to Remy in SOCial status, he'd go to Heartfire inn.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#228 Post by atpollard »

AsenRG wrote:Which people would travel in second class? If they're close to Remy in SOCial status, he'd go to Heartfire inn.
SOC 6-8 are typical Second Class Passengers.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#229 Post by AsenRG »

Heartfire it is!

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#230 Post by atpollard »

Just a quick notice that "Wild West Waterworld" will be taking a 7 week break over the busy Holiday season.
The official "stop" date is November 22, 2019 and the official "resume" date is January 10, 2020.

Lietz is taking a mental health break to recharge his batteries and "Diana Hayes" has retired to NPC status and withdrawn from the company of adventurers. Leitz may rejoin the game in the future with a new PC (his choice).

Pulpatoon is busy with classes, so "Silas Ignatius Kitt" has temporarily withdrawn to pursue a private adventure with young "Becky". While not currently part of the company of adventurers, Silas could reappear at any time (based entirely on Pulpatoon regaining the ability to post).

So as things currently stand: Samuel Linkletter, Mercutio Routledge, Josephine Baxter-Smith, Jacques Bonnet & Remy Hernandez comprise the company of adventurers
1. currently seeking to unravel the mystery behind the Grogg and Tankard
2. currently repairing a small steamship
3. Linkletter has a "Gold Coin"
4. Josephine has been given the "French Diary with a bloody hand print" for safe keeping.
5. Jacques has an Emerald Necklace (hidden on his person).
6. Remy knows a rumor about a witch on a distant island.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Zhym »

I hope we can at least get that door open before the 22nd, or we're going to be spending a long time wondering about that stupid drilled hole in the wall. :D

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#232 Post by atpollard »

Zhym wrote:I hope we can at least get that door open before the 22nd, or we're going to be spending a long time wondering about that stupid drilled hole in the wall. :D
It takes a special key ... but y'all refuse to talk with any townsfolk and learn about the key.
HINT: You wanted STEAMPUNK, so how does a "steampunk key" function?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Zhym »

Hey, Mercutio didn't refuse! I'm not even sure he's officially been let in on the group's current plans yet. :)

Steampunk key—I dunno, attach a pipe and fill the hole with steam?

Do we see any indentations, holes, grooves, etc. in the hole, or is it just a smooth, drilled hole? I assume Mercutio's inspection already used his available tools, since you mentioned him using the magnifying glass, but should I specify anything else he tries to use to inspect the lock? I think one of his toolsets includes a locksmithing kit. Probably not rated for steampunk locks, though.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#234 Post by AsenRG »

atpollard wrote:
Zhym wrote:I hope we can at least get that door open before the 22nd, or we're going to be spending a long time wondering about that stupid drilled hole in the wall. :D
It takes a special key ... but y'all refuse to talk with any townsfolk and learn about the key.
HINT: You wanted STEAMPUNK, so how does a "steampunk key" function?
It should have something to do with clockwork technologies:)?

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#235 Post by AsenRG »

Happy New Year, you all! All the best and may you play it smart and be successful I'm the Papers and Paychecks game 8-) !

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#236 Post by atpollard »

We are back up and running.

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with your family and friends.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Glad to see this back. Hope the holidays were enjoyable for everyone.

Before I have Jacques try to find a ladder or scaffolding that would fit into the rock hole, how high up does the ceiling go? Is there a higher area for us to search?

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#238 Post by atpollard »

Monsieur Rose wrote:Glad to see this back. Hope the holidays were enjoyable for everyone.

Before I have Jacques try to find a ladder or scaffolding that would fit into the rock hole, how high up does the ceiling go? Is there a higher area for us to search?
The the mounting hole (and scaffolding) are external to the small cave/depression with the door and the "keyhole". The rock face is about 30 feet high with a shallow slope continuing up the mountain from that point. You are at a natural fault line in the rocks.

The cave is about 6 feet tall and wide and about 3 feet deep.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#239 Post by atpollard »

Just a heads up that “sirravd” may be joining us.
He sent a PM and I added him to the campaign.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#240 Post by ffilz »

atpollard wrote:Just a heads up that “sirravd” may be joining us.
He sent a PM and I added him to the campaign.
Oh cool. Good player glad to have him aboard.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Return to “Wild West Waterworld (Classic Traveller)”