OOC

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC

#81 Post by Bhart »

onlyme wrote:Is there a common monster in D&D that is a man/rat thingy, that a 5th level PC should know of? I dont know if it is one that I know we should be fighting to the death, or if it is more likely a human under a spell that we should save somehow?
Tales of lycanthropes are common amongst the peasants. Usually they involve men turning to wolves on a full moon not rats. You've never seen something like this before, but it reminds you of tales you have heard about werewolves.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay in posting...been really sick; if the story ever needs to keep moving at a quick pace; please feel free to take any/all logical actions for Xam; thanks!

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by Bhart »

Sorry guys, my post rate may be slow for the next few days. Real life is being a pain again. :(
I'll do my best to update the next round by tomorrow night.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#84 Post by Dogma »

no problem. I don't mind slow as long as it's moving. :)

and real life always trumps game time.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Bhart »

Ok guys things will start picking up very soon. After tomorrow I should be back on a once a day posting rate. Thanks for your patience.

Rollo will be an NPC for a while. Ben (Slighted) had to drop out due to real life issues.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Recklessfireball »

You know, on some of the RPG discussion boards I frequent, there's some debate about whether or not the thief class, as presented in D&D, is necessary or relevant.

I'd just like to say, it's things like this damn glass ball filled with green sh*t, that make that me very glad that the class exists, and that some people like to play it. Stepping nose-to-nose with a trap of unknown danger, and fiddling around with it to render it harmless, takes a certain kind of guy (or gal, in some instances). The kind of guy, which Thundrigore is not. :mrgreen:

I got my fingers crossed for ya, Leomar! :P

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by Dogma »

Well, that's another fine mess I've gotten myself into...

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by Recklessfireball »

:lol: Hazard of the trade, my friend. Sorry. Maybe we can still save you, though. ;)

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#89 Post by angelicdoctor »

Two weeks notice!

As a part of my Lenten fast this year, I shall be abstaining from all things RPG including play-by-posts. Lent this year begins on February 13th. Please feel free to NPC Cirdan in my absence between 2/13 and 3/31.

Many thanks, Bhart and company.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by onlyme »

angelicdoctor wrote:Two weeks notice!

As a part of my Lenten fast this year, I shall be abstaining from all things RPG including play-by-posts. Lent this year begins on February 13th. Please feel free to NPC Cirdan in my absence between 2/13 and 3/31.

Many thanks, Bhart and company.
Don't worry, we will all be dead or asleep by then...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by Recklessfireball »

Don't worry, we will all be dead or asleep by then...
There's a cheery thought. :lol:

It might not be all bad. Maybe Thundrigore should carry our napping nellie. Might help him sweat off a few pounds... :mrgreen:

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by Vargr1105 »

Did Oiran waste his anti-poison spell when he attempted to help the rogue or does he still have it in memory?

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#93 Post by angelicdoctor »

Do you think it would be possible to use an Unseen Servant to spring traps? You'll have to forgive me, though I have played this wonderful game ever since the early 80s, I have not had the pleasure of playing a magic-user. I am a little out of my element. I thought this time, I'd stretch myself a bit.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Recklessfireball »

Do you think it would be possible to use an Unseen Servant to spring traps? You'll have to forgive me, though I have played this wonderful game ever since the early 80s, I have not had the pleasure of playing a magic-user. I am a little out of my element. I thought this time, I'd stretch myself a bit.
It's possible. I've done it before, but it depends on the trap. The servant will only exert about 20lbs of force, I think. Also, it depends on whether or not the trap can be discerned (many traps may be so cunningly disguised, that only a thief, with his specialized knowledge of trap construction, can recognize them for what they are) and if the person that does so can deduce how it functions, so they can trigger the trap.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:Did Oiran waste his anti-poison spell when he attempted to help the rogue or does he still have it in memory?
No the spell was successful. Since you made your saving throw against the poison disruption did not occur.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#96 Post by Vargr1105 »

Oh cool, I will remove it from Oiran's list then. :)
Bhart wrote:OOC: Leomar is fully awake for now. Oiran's Slow Poison will last only 5 hours. As each hour passes the thief will grow wearier until the sleep claims him again.
What would be standard procedure in a situation like this? We have no access to Remove Poison or an alchemists and his laboratory to concoct an antidote. Heck, we do not even know what the poison is (organic? mineral? etc?). Clerics should have an inkling of an idea on what do to in these cases...maybe try to get the poison out of his system/bloodstream (it was a gas to it went from lungs ---> circulatory system ---> nervous system?) by giving Leomar loads of water to drink and have him urinate profusely?

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by angelicdoctor »

Crap! I just realized Cirdan had something in his equipment that should help Leomar. My apologies, gents.

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#98 Post by angelicdoctor »

Just a quick note. I shall be unavailable this weekend. Am going on a spiritual retreat.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by onlyme »

max_vale wrote: "Oiran, Sterling.....you have some power over the things that come back from the grave; right? Now might be the time to use it!"

Can someone give me the non TSR explanation of turning the undead? I have read the specific rules, but didnt really grasp it. When would you need to do so? etc.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by max_vale »

Unless I'm missing something major or the DM has his own special rules on how to handle it; in essence; the Cleric (or Paladin) holds up thier Holy Symbol and calls upon the power of thier God to turn away/destroy the undead.

In game terms; you roll a d20; and depending upon your level and the type of undead you wish to turn; a chart is consulted. (i.e. a Cleric 3 turns Ghouls on a roll of 11 or better; etc......please note; I'm at work and just using this number as an example; I don't know off hand what the target number really is)

I believe a Paladin turns undead at the same rate as a Cleric 2 or 3 levels less (I don't remember which off hand); i.e. a Paladin 5 turns undead as a CLeric 2 (or 3).

There's some more rules if there's multiple undead or undead of different types; but that's the basics....at least; as I can call up from memory with no books in front of me! :)

Does this help?

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 1ed”