Expedition: Halfpint/Into The Woods - 05 Sep 2021

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Halfpint/Into The Woods - 05 Sep 2021

#161 Post by onlyme »

ok... it seems the vote is fairly split. Since halfpint is the leader, I say selfishly we go to the pixies first, as that was her original intent to travel up this way.

So, west till we get caught in net traps... here we come...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Karaunios »

Fine. Better to keep the action moving.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Karaunios »

It's already been two weeks since the last post. I understand our referee is more than busy lately and might look like a racoon out of lack of sleep! But, is there any way that we can keep this moving or that I can just drop out of the quest and try to join my character to another one or something of the sort?

Sorry for bringing this up, but it's been a while already and this is my first and only character in the campaign (and he's level 1 :lol: )!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote:I am allowing significant autonomy in the sub-zones and don't plan to take over. All our sub-DMs are long term players and I don't expect this to be a frequent thing (Starbeard's totally understandable circumstances withstanding).

So, with that said, I will handle this on a case by case basis. If there really is a drop, I can step in to wrap threads with a denoument and reintroduce PCs back to town to pick new expeditions; the sandbox should be extra-forgiving that way. Real life happens and we can gloss things as PCs to give grace to other Players.

Since Halfpint's crew hasn't left Amistad yet, it is easy to just put it on hold until we get confirmation back from Starbeard. You can all travel back from Amistad to the fall festival, and simply depart after the festival, depending. Or reapportion to other expeditions, otherwise.
We will allow an IC pause (glossing over any wierdness) and everyone goes to the Fall Festival. You all simply decided to hunt fairies in the autumn.

We will allow time for Starbeard to return and post a way ahead. Anyone who wants to go on a different mission, several will be going then.

Sound fair? If so, I will review this thread and give you some "Part 1" XP.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Zhym »

"Hunt?" Who said anything about "hunting" faeries? ;)

But yes, that seems fair. Hopefully we'll be in a position to get started again right away when Starbeard is able to sleep more than a couple of hours at a time.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Karaunios »

Sounds fair to me. We wish Starbeard all the luck in the world :lol: Hopefully we'll be able to resume in the near future!

Then I would suggest to the rest of the group that we go together in another mission in they meantime? That'll be easier than having to organise/join a new mission each of us separately.

What do you say?
Last edited by Karaunios on Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Starbeard »

Hi guys. Really sorry for the stall, that's all my fault. :oops: I've just been way too swamped with life, and it's continuing to get swampier. Update here: viewtopic.php?f=353&t=6975&p=409434#p409434

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Marullus »

The group rises on the morning of 11 Septemberand discusses their course, deciding to scout cautiously to the west and look for signs of the invisible pixies and their tree.

They spend three days moving in cautious arcs outward, searching carefully across the wide territory west of the settlement, then an equal time coming back. They had several encounters with weaseljays and even one with a grumpbear - a horrid and violent bear with a goblinoid face and fierce claws. The group quickly dispatched the creatures that attacked them but otherwise left the less-aggressive wildlife alone - a few families of bounding jack-deer, a tree full of giant bees, the bumble-buzzing of a pair of bug-bears, etc.

The halfling youth - Berylla, Isengar, and Fastred - are particularly excited to be in the deep forest. They identify several valuable flowers, herbs, and rare mushrooms as you go. Combined with the hide, claws, and pinion feathers of the magical creatures you were forced to slay, the group has enough coin to each share in a fair reward.

The invisible pixies, however, remained elusive. With their supplies expended, the group returns to the town of Amistad on 17 September. Two days trip back to Frogmorton Ford and then east to the White Tower and they're able to join the rest of the town on their progress to the Fall Festival being held there.

Expedition Terminated: Summary
You took 6 days to roleplay your way to the adventure start and then I'm giving credit for 6 days after. Your roleplay was stellar - the depth of character that went into this first encounter with the town of Amistad is worthy of reward. I can't GM your fruitless week, but I'll give you XP and the justification that "you tried" but didn't find the invisible pixies, allowing the explaination for why you quit and a justification to return later.

Each PC: 1,000 character XP / 500 item XP
Each PC: 100gp (after sale of items)

Move to the Fall Festival: viewtopic.php?f=536&t=8244
Rejoin other expeditions beginning afterward, per Expedition Planning: viewtopic.php?f=353&t=5921&start=440#p405279

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#169 Post by Alethan »

Earc is just happy to get the three halflings back to their mom safely. Maybe she will let Earc take them out again at some point in the future.

To help that along, he tells Menegilda a few stories about how the kids managed to stay safe whilst also helping the party to defeat the grump bear. The 100gp each of them earned for the family should assist with that effort, as well...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Marullus »

Menegilda is pleased; Earc is still in her good graces.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”