Action Thread 3

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 3

#201 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet is unhappily throwing hammers with the missileers then happily charging.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#202 Post by Alethan »

Sorry, thought I specified that Francisco was going to attack through the breach with the other ranged attacks (if that is possible).
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#203 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Sorry, thought I specified that Francisco was going to attack through the breach with the other ranged attacks (if that is possible).
You had, but I just wanted to confirm as it had been a while.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#204 Post by Alethan »

Ok.

Confirmed. :)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Argennian »

With his red cape and hood already installed, Brok draws his longsword and whispers to Cis and Kurn. "Alright, friends. If we come across the enemy, follow my lead. Let us make them believe that we are part of their contingent and looking for... an intruder that was spotted. If we run into any guards inside, I'll distract them long enough for you and then hopefully the others to get the drop on 'em. Ready, then? Let's bleed these bastards and rescue that prisoner!" the young agent offers with a fiendish grin.

When the others are ready, he'll take the lead and proceed into the cloister chamber.
Last edited by Argennian on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#206 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl puts on a cloak and scowls at Brok.
Dont forget me ya prick, I can actually speak orc.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#207 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) (approximately 3am)

Brok, Cis, Kurn and Yarl, wearing their newly acquired red robes, go to the front of the cloister building and enter as if they own the place. Veneficus, Nunyet and Francisco stay in the shadows east of the breach in the wall, waiting for something to happen.

The ones entering the front see the following:
players-map5.png
players-map5.png (5.04 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
The inner courtyard of the cloister is surrounded by archways. There is a well in the very center, with a bucket and rope next to it. The darker area in the center is overgrown but trampled grass. There are torches placed on the walls in the cardinal directions, lighting up most of the inner area. You see nobody in the courtyard. This once looked like a peaceful place. You can tell that the room where the orcs were seen is through the closed double doors on the east wall, and you can here their rabble through the doors.

See the pictures in this link for an idea of what the layout is, in case it's confusing, the first three being key:
http://www.paradoxplace.com/Photo%20Pag ... rillos.htm

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#208 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis waits for Yarl to take the lead and to spin the yarn that hopefully will get us surprise. Keeping his scimitar unsheathed and ready he waits for action.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn will check out the door directly north. He is checking to see if it is in decent condition and assess if it will make a lot of noise if he tries to open it (and be in a position to flank the orcs and sneak up on them).

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Argennian »

Brok will quickly move around the inner chamber of the cloister building to ensure there is nothing hiding here that could not be seen by casual reconnoiter from the entrance.

He will then move over to the double doors on the eastern wall and try to quietly determine if they might be locked or barred in any way. The young agent will make ready to enter with his prepared rouse but will wait for Kurn to finish his inspection of the northern door first and for the others to regroup and make ready before opening them.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#211 Post by ToniXX »

ravenn4544 wrote:Kurn will check out the door directly north. He is checking to see if it is in decent condition and assess if it will make a lot of noise if he tries to open it (and be in a position to flank the orcs and sneak up on them).
The door is wooden with iron bands. It opens into the room (opening away from you), and appears to be locked.
Argennian wrote:Brok will quickly move around the inner chamber of the cloister building to ensure there is nothing hiding here that could not be seen by casual reconnoiter from the entrance.
There is nothing else within the cloister courtyard.
Argennian wrote:He will then move over to the double doors on the eastern wall and try to quietly determine if they might be locked or barred in any way
They open into the room and do not appear to be locked or barred.

Unless someone wants to do something else, I'm going to say that you're all standing near the double doors on the east, ready to open them.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn, leaving the locked door behind him, is ready with broadsword concealed within his robes.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Argennian »

Once the others are assembled by the double doors and give the ready nod, Brok indicates that he plans to throw open the doors but hold position in until they hear the others outside the breach let fly with their missile weapons.

Once everyone nods their understanding, the young agent throws the doors open. "He must have went this way!" he calls out into the room in his normal voice, not yelling too loudly but just enough to be heard by Francisco, Nunyet and Veneficus outside the breach.

OOC: Brok is planning to push the doors wide open but not step through the doorway, in order to avoid potential friendly fire from the others shooting through the breach. He will step just to the right of the doorway after calling out and look into the room north of the double doors in hopes of identifying if there are other orcs or baddies present that couldn't be seen from the breach.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#214 Post by Alethan »

Hearing the voice of Brok utter the agreed-upon phrase, Francisco draws his sights on an orc visible through the opening.

(He is close enough to the opening that he is not within any circles of light coming from the breach, but close enough that he has a good shot through it.)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by onlyme »

Standing a similar distance, but slightly different angle than his fellow missileers, Veneficus also hears the call, and silently nods to anyone who may not have heard. He likewise draws, ready to fire.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#216 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:Once the others are assembled by the double doors and give the ready nod, Brok indicates that he plans to throw open the doors but hold position in until they hear the others outside the breach let fly with their missile weapons.

Once everyone nods their understanding, the young agent throws the doors open. "He must have went this way!" he calls out into the room in his normal voice, not yelling too loudly but just enough to be heard by Francisco, Nunyet and Veneficus outside the breach.
The orcs in the room stop and look at the just opened doors. They see the red cloaks, and one says in common who are you looking for? What's going on?
Argennian wrote:OOC: Brok is planning to push the doors wide open but not step through the doorway, in order to avoid potential friendly fire from the others shooting through the breach. He will step just to the right of the doorway after calling out and look into the room north of the double doors in hopes of identifying if there are other orcs or baddies present that couldn't be seen from the breach.
You see that there are two more orcs that you were not aware of prior. Thus, there are eight in this room. The room is approximately 60 feet long, and 20 feet wide, the room extending north 30 feet beyond the double doors.

You have surprised the orcs. You can either attack now or speak with them. Everyone at the breach may attack with missile weapons, and those at the double doors may move into position and attack with melee weapons in the same round.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by onlyme »

ToniXX wrote:
You can either attack now or speak with them. ...

I am assuming this is not on the agenda?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#218 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French by surprise - not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!

I believe speaking with them would only get us so far (and to no end) before they realize it is a farce...

Francisco takes advantage of the surprised orcs to fire a bolt at the one he had in his sights...

To Hit, Light Crossbow [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22
(+1 To Hit for Orcs, not that I need it with this roll...)

Damage, Light Crossbow [1d4+3] = 4+3 = 7
(+1 Damage for Orcs, bringing the total damage to 8!)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#219 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus lets fly his favorite arrow at the closest orc, the one with a confused look and open mouth.

baseline shortbow shot: [1d20] = 19; baseline damage: [1d6] = 4

Plus 5 to hit, plus 2 damage based on race, ability and specialization

He then quickly notches his new favorite arrow and lets it fly at the orc.
baseline shortbow shot: [1d20] = 8; baseline damage: [1d6] = 1
Hopefully a 13 hits..., though in this case it is a mere flesh wound.

Also, I accidentally rolled a third time. I can count that one as my first shot next round if requested by DM... And is there any particular rule regarding suprise round that only allows for one shot from an arrow? if so, I can count this second shot as my first of next round.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#220 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:
Also, I accidentally rolled a third time. I can count that one as my first shot next round if requested by DM... And is there any particular rule regarding suprise round that only allows for one shot from an arrow? if so, I can count this second shot as my first of next round.
I wasn't sure how many attack rolls I should toss out, either, so I just went with the one. Happy to roll another one, though... :)

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”