Fort Blackstone - The Adventure Begins!

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Fort Blackstone - The Adventure Begins!

#21 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldredus, completely ignoring most of Laston's message: "The Mines of Koo-Meer? That sounds promising! Legendary treasures, I expect, awaiting only the bravest and cleverest? Yes, that will do precisely! Can you point us to someone from whom we could learn more?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by tarlyn »

Norzak

Looking at Aldredus, Norzak adds

"I knows a little bout them mines. I gotted ancestors there."

The dwarf goes on to explain to everyone at the table what he knows about the mines.

He eyes Laston with some respect "This stout be mighty fine. Ne'er knowed anyone else but we dwarves kin make it right."

He downs his tankard and belches loudly, beer and spittle flying from his lips. Slamming his it on the table "Anuther!," he declares.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by alver »

Cedric listens to Norzak, eyes wide, making a few jabbing motions with his fists as the dwarf describes the final battle. "That's a great tale, Norzak!"

"You think any of those liches and ogurs are still there?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by spanningtree »

Grenda - Elf

Grenda takes the tale in as well, sipping her ale here and there. Ja, conquests of such grandeur stink of lost majicks and coin...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by rossik »

"Is there a map of sorts to get into those mines..lets say...safely?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by tarlyn »

alver wrote:Cedric listens to Norzak, eyes wide, making a few jabbing motions with his fists as the dwarf describes the final battle. "That's a great tale, Norzak!"

"You think any of those liches and ogurs are still there?"
"Dunno.." shrugging his shoulders.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldredus gets a starry look in his eyes. "Lich Queens! Ogre Kings! Oh, this is exactly the sort of adventure we're looking for!"

The poor, romantic sod has no idea that he has "Dead Meat" written on his very soul.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Tamerlaine »

Pulpatoon wrote:Aldredus,Can you point us to someone from whom we could learn more?"[/dialog]
Laston draws himself up, shaking his head slowly as he spoke. "I've been there myself over 30 years ago and I still remember the way, but I'll not send another man to his death. But if you won't listen to reason, take heed...there are those about who would deal you a disservice and worse for seeking out the mines of Khunmar. Fake maps and false directions, all for much coin. If you won't listen to reason and must continue this folly, I direct you to find a man by the name of Fastolph. Used to be a Raven, one of the wardens of the fort. Knows the peaks and valleys of the Khunmar range as no other, well, when he's sober. Doesn't wear the black feathered mantle no more on account of his drinking and insubordination. Can't blame him really, especially how he lost his wife and only child during birth. But he might be of help if you can find him. He's likely holed up in some stable, soused out of his mind.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldredus pushes an extra silver piece to Laston. "We appreciate your information. I hope you understand that, for a band of doughty adventures such as we, your warnings are only so much seasoning on the steak."

To the table: "As soon as we finish dinner, I'll head out to inspect the stables and low places for this Fastolph. Anyone care to join me?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by spanningtree »

Grenda - Elf

I'll go with you...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by alver »

"Yeah, I'll go," says Cedric.

"Weird though, like this Fastolf guy is putting the fake map guys out of business, right? I mean, like we got here tonight and we already know we gotta get this Fastolf guy and the other guys are fake. Like, how come they aren't mad at him and stuff."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldredus to Cedric: "Laston didn't say this Fastolph was in the business of playing guide, only that he possessed the knowledge. Given his present lifestyle choices, it may take some persuading to convince him to help us.

"But your point is well taken. We should purse other avenues of information, too."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by tarlyn »

Pulpatoon wrote:Aldredus to Cedric: "Laston didn't say this Fastolph was in the business of playing guide, only that he possessed the knowledge. Given his present lifestyle choices, it may take some persuading to convince him to help us.

"But your point is well taken. We should purse other avenues of information, too."
Norzak

"'E likes ter drink?Lemme talks ter 'im. I lives fer drinkin.... I kan 'a bring 'im somthin ter drink an yer kin ask im questions after we be three sheets to tha wind or more..."

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by rossik »

Agreed! I will follow to find this ex-raven person.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldredus: "I'm gratified by everyone's eagerness to pitch in, but perhaps the would be better to approach this man, haunted as he sounds to be, in smaller numbers. And, as Cedric says, we can't put all our faith in this single avenue of investigation.

"What do you say to this: Grenda and Norzak go seek the Raven. Norzak can bond with the man over libations, and Grenda can maintain such sobriety as to not forget our mission.

"Meanwhile, the rest of us can see what else we might learn. We have been warned that there are charlatans, but there must be other reliable sources in this town. What provisions are available? Retainers for hire? As a matter of professional interest, I'd like to see if there's a local magician."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by tarlyn »

Norzak

Turning to the elf, Norzak asks "What'r ya say? Lemme finish me ale and we kin go look fer this feller."

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by Tamerlaine »

OOC: Okay, who is going where and with who?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by tarlyn »

Tamerlaine wrote:OOC: Okay, who is going where and with who?
OOC : Norzak can go with Glenda if she is amenable to that

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldredus suggests that:
Granda and Norzak seek out the Raven;
Cedric and the Parson go to places that are likely to provision explorers and see what can be gleaned there;
and that he and Igneos go pay their respects to any local practitioners of magic.

"What do you say we meet back here in an hour and report our findings?"

Unless the party wants to handle thing differently, Aldredus then goes to find Laston and ask after the local spell-casting population.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by alver »

Cedric

"Uh yeah, I'll go ask some guys in here. Like if they know some merchants and stuff," replies the halfling. He goes and strikes up a conversation with some random person that does not look too threatening. He asks about places that sell stuff that would be useful to adventurers.

Basically I agree with what Aldredus suggested.

Return to “The Mines of Khunmar (LL)”