000 - Gimpy's

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

000 - Gimpy's

#1 Post by ffilz »

Gimpy’s is an adventurer’s tavern, attracting every sort willing to set old grudges aside for a few hours. For instance, one might see Yelornan shield maiden and Zorak Zoran berserks in the common room at the same time, albeit at opposite ends.
Last edited by ffilz on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Gimpy's

#2 Post by Starbeard »

Mudbill waddles in and does his best not to offend anyone. "Quack-quack. Anyone here know of any maidens in need of rescue, or perhaps a trollkin den nearby that hasn't already been looted? Quack?"

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by KevinRune »

Garden enters Gimpys, beating the Praxian dust off his boots. I has been 5 years since he had left Pavis in the mercenaries. I hope my dad is proud. Sending me off to hone my skills so I could come back to the Garden as a Light Son. Getting a drink and raising it to his lips he thinks. ~Well I have not got there yet but someday. I better keep my ears open for threats against the elves of the Garden or treachery from the Lunars.~ Raising the glass I yell out "For the Light, For the Garden."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest wanders into Gimpy's looking for a drink. "Hey, barkeep what do you have that is cheap?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Wulgar enters Gimpy's at first it would appear he tried to ride his bison into the place then he realized he was still on his mount. The second time he enters the tavern by foot marching in tall and prideful sitting down at the bar. "Give me your strongest ale." he says to the barkeep in a deep booming voice.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by ffilz »

Rex wrote:Drest

Drest wanders into Gimpy's looking for a drink. "Hey, barkeep what do you have that is cheap?"
Ale, 4 clacks (copper, 10 to the silver Lunar).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Ale it is then." Drest surveys the room for a place to sit with his back to the wall.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Starbeard »

Mudbill orders an ale for 4 clacks and scans the room. Are there any obvious shady or adventuring sorts about?

"Barkeep, where would a duck find news about adventuring jobs in town? In here, or maybe at a notice board somewhere?"

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by KevinRune »

Garden shakes his head at the people coming in. A boat duck a death drake and a nomad to stupid to get off his bison before entering. "Well here is to Gimpies where you can see anything!"

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Wulgar laughs "You get it all wrong you don't go seeking adventure it finds you." turning back to the barkeep "Ale please and in a mug about this big." he says holding his hand above the bar indicating a very large mug.

extra large oktoberfest size mug
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Starbeard »

Mudbill opts for a 32oz schooner.

"Right indeed, let the adventure find us." He stands up on the table, which only makes him equal height with the rest of the room, and shouts a toast. "Come and get us, Adventure, we're waiting!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Drest

Looking over at the Wulgar "Are you intending to poach that duck in that ale? A mug that big should do it." Looking over Mudbill standing on a table. "Hey duck, if your looking for adventure I might be in, been slow about here the last week or so."

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#13 Post by KevinRune »

Garden looks around and see if he spots any other Sun Domers. If he see any will go over to see if there is any darkness to suppress.

KevinRune
Scout
Scout

#14 Post by KevinRune »

Garden is confused by everyone frozen in place.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Wulgar scratches his head why is the barkeep still and silent? "Is this some joke?" he says fairly loudly.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

KevinRune wrote:Garden is confused by everyone frozen in place.
Sorry, illness and holiday preparations have cramped my style... I will really try and have something to move things forward this afternoon. There is a bit more work to finish characters but I don't think that has to stall us. Now we'll see whether next week leaves me with more or less time to run games.... (often, I actually can get more time to process games when working than when in time off...)

Frank

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by rossik »

(i had no idea the game had started. i asked frank to let me know :lol: )

Eggbert (the duck) enters the room and after seen the commotion about adventure, say:
"Hey nice folks! Care if i join the adventure call?"

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by ffilz »

Through intent or random coincidence of where open seats are, you all wind up around the same table. Eventually the conversation turns to seeking adventure and you all find yourselves of similar interests.

It seems that there is some amount of interest in venturing into Old Pavis aka The Big Rubble. But there is sort of more interest in exploring the wilderness. One thing I've never done much is have PCs explore upriver from Pavis, so with that in mind, I'm going to suggest Darius has some leads on trade opportunities up the river and is seeking fellow adventurers willing to explore up there and maybe do some trade.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Starbeard »

"What a shplendid idea," quacks Mudbill. "I can use my connections with the Zola Fel cult to book us passage up the river. I'm an initiate, you know. You'll each have to join the cult, but it's just a very tiny fee, and after that you can ride our boats as much as you like! We accept everybody too, even members from other cults."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rex »

Drest

"It does sound interesting and as long as we have enough coin joining the cult seems expedient."

Return to “Frank's RuneQuest 1”