Character Generation

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Character Generation

#1 Post by Tamerlaine »

** UNDER CONSTRUCTION **

Making a New Character

To create your character, go the the Unseen Servant die roller at http://www.unseenservant.com

Click Characters tab, then Create a New Character. Name your PC and put 709 as the Campaign ID number.

Using the ‘Roll Stats’ next to your character’s name (the big gold die), we will be using the 3d6 method. Assign the rolled stats in the order of your preference. There is no point buy.

All characters start with max hit points at 1st level. For each level after, HP are rolled as normal.

Choose a class.

Use the die roller to determine your character’s starting wealth: 3d8x10 for all characters

Magic-Users and Elves start with a spell book with all 1st-level spells. Clerics have access to all spells available by them through prayer.

Elves get a +1 to-hit bonus using a bow, which can be added to any bonus granted by Dexterity.

Thieves use a d6 hit die for Hit Points instead of a d4.

House Rules:

Death and Dying: Just because you are reduced to zero hp (or less) doesn't mean you’ve necessarily kicked the proverbial bucket. You can still make a Save vs. Death to avoid an unfortunate demise. You are allowed to make this save an amount of times equal to your level, but only once per round. If you fail the save at 1st level, you are toast. Gone. Dead. If you fail the save at level 3, for example, you get two more rounds to pass. (I borrowed this from Ominous Entries' OSR blog)

Any character may dress the wounds of another during or right after a melee only once per day. This first aid heals for 1d3 hit points. This effect cannot be stacked. If a character is brought to 0 HP or less and makes the Save vs Death roll, first aid immediately applied will stabilize the wounds. The wounded character will remain unconscious until healed by a day's rest or by spell/scroll/potion.

Critical Hits: A natural roll of 20 is a critical hit. Damage is the damage dice rolled twice and added together before adding bonuses. Fumbles are the result of rolling a natural 1 and the effect of which will be decided by myself.

Religion

As this game is confined to a dungeon, there's really no need to bring in or make up a pantheon of deities unlike a sandbox setting would demand.. As I see it, there is a faux Roman Catholic Church, a Church of Light. Then there are the Old Gods that were around long before the Church of Light. The dwarves are animists that believe there is power in 'the Stone.' Elves likewise believe in power that dwells in forests, that trees are/have spirits. Halflings believe in a figure that has several names and guises, each corresponding to say Health, Luck, etc.. Then there are the forces of Chaos; demon lords and devils and other vile dark fiends.

* Stayed Tuned For More * If you have a question, throw it at me!
Last edited by Tamerlaine on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Generation

#2 Post by alver »

Should we make a backup character right away?

I'm making a halfling as my first character and thought I'd make a thief as a backup character.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Tamerlaine »

alver wrote:Should we make a backup character right away?

I'm making a halfling as my first character and thought I'd make a thief as a backup character.
I would make one up to have on hand.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by spanningtree »

Noik
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by alver »

Thanks Tamerlaine.

Are you going to use variable damage or "everything is 1d6" rule for weapons?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Tamerlaine »

alver wrote:Thanks Tamerlaine.

Are you going to use variable damage or "everything is 1d6" rule for weapons?
Variable Damage per page 15.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by alver »

Thanks! I'm done with main char, posted in characters thread.

Return to “The Mines of Khunmar (LL)”