Sapperz Character Creation Thread

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Sapperz Character Creation Thread

#1 Post by drpete »

Hi Sapperz!

Welcome aboard!

The first things I'll need from you are some 3d6 rolls for stats. Stats are rolled in order though you'll be able to swap a pair, if you like.

You said you figured out the dice roller, but there's a wrinkle with associating your rolls to a campaign...

To make rolls, you'll need to go to unseenservant.com, and create an account. From there, you create a "character" that you associate with the campaign. The campaign ID is 682.

Once you have created a character (just the name) and limited it to this campaign, you can roll your stats under the "roll the dice" menu... you pull down the character, then type in dice rolling macros... something like: Strength [3d6] will create a strength roll.

Below each roll, code for copying into a forum post appears... you can use that, or just tell me you rolled, and I'll be able to see them :)

The stats are:
Strength
Agility
Stamina
Personality
Intelligence
Luck

Once you roll them, you can then decide if you want to swap a pair around to get a class you would like to play. The available classes are warrior, thief and wizard.

There is no xp bonus for good stats, but stats give benefits as you might expect (int is good for wizards, str is good for warriors, etc)

Once you get these stats worked out, we'll roll for some background type info, and some advantage/ disadvantages for your character.

Sapperzz
Scout
Scout

Re: Sapperz Character Creation Thread

#2 Post by Sapperzz »

Strength: 17
Strength [3d6] = 17

Agility: 10
Agility [3d6] = 10

Stamina: 10
Stamina [3d6] = 10

Personality: 10
Personality [3d6] = 10

Intelligence: 10
Intelligence [3d6] = 10

Luck: 9
luck [3d6] = 9

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by drpete »

Super!

Looks like you have a fairly generic character, stat- wise, with one especially high stat.

You can swap that one around to whatever ability you would like... for reference, the group has two wizards, two warriors and a thief. You can choose whichever of those classes you like.

Next:
Roll a d8 for place of origin, a d20 for benison, a d20 for doom, and a d30 for birth augur.

Sapperzz
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by Sapperzz »

Cool! I think I'll swap the Strength and Agility stats and make a rogue to fill out the group.

Origin: 3
origin [1d8] = 3

Benison: 7
Benison: [1d20] = 7

Doom: 10
Doom [1d20] = 10

Birth Augur: 6
birth augur [1d30] = 6

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by drpete »

Sounds good!

You area from the Eight Cities:
The residents of the Land of the Eight Cities, commonly called Eight-Citymen or Eight-Citywomen (and sometimes just Foresters) tend towards swarthy complexions and dark hair, traits inherited from their nomadic ancestors from the eastern steppes and deserts. Intermarriage with the former Lankhmart inhabitants of the region, however, give them a larger range of physical traits than Mingols or Easterners, and it’s not unknown to find paler skin and lighter hair and eyes among the Foresters. Although civilized, the Land of the Eight Cities isn’t so far removed from its unsettled past that its people have forgotten their tribal ways and manners. Eight-Citymen revere women and any slander or insult addressed to an Eight-Citywoman is certain to be met with violence as the men leap to defend her honor.

Benison:
Sea-Crafty (2 Luck): The PC is adept at the sailing, maintenance, and navigation of sea-going vessels. All rolls pertaining to the operation of sailed or oar-powered ships made by the PC gain a +1d bonus. This benison may apply to larger river and lake-going boats at the judge’s discretion.

Doom:
Inept: The PC was never able to master one aspect of his class and suffers a -1d penalty whenever attempting that ability, skill, or power. Examples include a single thief’s skill, wielding a certain type of weapon, casting a particular spell, or similar class talent. The task the PC is inept in is chosen by the player with the judge’s permission.

Your birth augur is:
Born on the battlefield: Damage rolls

So now you need to pick a skill you are inept at, roll hp and starting gold.

For hp, it's a d4 and a d6.

For starting gold, roll 3d10. Do you have the core dcc book to choose starting equipment?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by drpete »

Back in Sarheenmar, the northern trip along the trade road takes us into more verdant climes. Skirting the edge of the Inner Sea until we reach the northern coast, we find the Great Forest stretching before us, spanning from the seashore to the far northern mountains. This massive forest is home to the kingdom known as both the Forest Land and, more commonly, the Land of the Eight Cities. Scattered across its length like pearls on a string are the eight cities that give the kingdom its name: Kleg Nar, the easternmost city and often the target of Mingol raids; Kvarch Nar, the chiefest of the cities and home to the realm’s ruler, Movarl; Gnamph Nar, whose roads lead to the Cold Waste and the lands of the northern barbarians; Illik-Ving, smallest of the eight cities and gateway to the northern mountains; ancient Ool Hrusp, where the Mad Duke oversees gladiatorial games for his entertainment; Ool Plerns, closest to the Outer Sea and renowned for its caviar and timber trade; Ool Krut, where some of the finest sail canvas is crafted; and, lastly, Mlurg Nar, small and isolated in the wild. Splitting the Great Forest and the Land of the Eight Cities in twain is the River Mangrishik, whose cold waters begin in the Trollstep Mountains far to the north.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Marullus »

As a Thief, you need to pick a subclass from Boss, Swindler, or Assassin. (The other thief is a Swindler.)

Sapperzz
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by Sapperzz »

Hp for 0-lvl: 2
HP 0: [1d4] = 2

HP for lvl 1: 2
hp lvl 1: [1d6] = 2

Total Hp: 4

Gold: 23
gold: [3d10] = 23

I do have the corebook so I'll grab some equipment with that gold.

Considering my decent starting wealth I'll pick the Boss archetype, if I can be part of a thieve's guild or something.

I'll say I never grasped how to handle poison properly, the delicate chemistry involved in the process often ending with me getting the worst part of the poison, so poison handling will be my "inept" skill.

Sapperzz
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by Sapperzz »

For equipment:

-dagger (3gp)
-garrote (2gp)
-blackjack (3gp)
-sling and 30 stones (3gp)
-padded armor (5 gp)
-grappling hook (1gp)
-crowbar (2gp)

and pocket change of 4 gold.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by drpete »

Sapperzz wrote:
Considering my decent starting wealth I'll pick the Boss archetype, if I can be part of a thieve's guild or something.

I'll say I never grasped how to handle poison properly, the delicate chemistry involved in the process often ending with me getting the worst part of the poison, so poison handling will be my "inept" skill.
Sounds good.

The "Thieves Guild" is a specific criminal organization which you could be a part of. Alternatively, you could be a member of a smaller criminal gang, which we could work out.

Let's say, if you want to start "in" the guild, you have to buy the symbol of membership, a silver dagger worth 10 gp.

Sapperzz
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by Sapperzz »

Okay sounds good, I'll eschew the normal dagger (3gp), blackjack (3gp), and my spare gold (4gp) to buy the special 10gp dagger, and initiate myself within the guild!

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by drpete »

Sounds great!

I'll introduce you into the game asap :)

Sapperzz
Scout
Scout

#13 Post by Sapperzz »

Cool!, shall I format all this in the character sheet thread?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

cool, someone else from the Eight Cities.

What about languages? Always fun!

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by drpete »

Yup go ahead and make the sheet.

For languages, you have Kvarich and Low Lankhmarese (common).

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Marullus »

Does Quall get the bonus to AC for low armor, in the Lankar book? Double Agility bonus if unarmored?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by drpete »

That is a great ability for someone with a high agility, but it only applies to warriors and those with martial training.

Return to “DrPete's Lankhmar Game (DCC)”