#301 Post by alver »

Ingvar

"We have no more rations left."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 1: So it begins.

#302 Post by VonAlric »

Rodbert listens to Ingvar. He begins to speak then hesitates. He contemplates a moment then speaks. "I think it is some hunger and the excitement of the kill that is clouding my judgement. Even if we leave now, we would not make it back to the mine or town before dark. Let us return up the rope and join the others. Make camp here for now and try to forage for any food, even small game. You can prepare Silvi for whatever death ritual you need to preform. Tomorrow, tomorrow we can explore the rest of this place."

He stands up and gives a stretch. "You want to go first or shall I?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#303 Post by alver »

Ingvar

"Aye, let's do so. I will go up."

By now, they probably have a sack, so Ingvar holds the sack with the head in his teeth and climbs up - a piece of cake for a man of his strength, agility and light weight, as long as someone above is anchoring the rope.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#304 Post by alver »

Solvi's burial

Note that this does not have to follow immediately. Let it happen whenever it fits in the timeline. Also the burial site does not have to be right outside the cave.

Ingvar lifts the body of Solvi and carries her out of the cave. In the lowest and muddiest sections, he takes almost ridiculous care that even a single hair wouldn't get soiled, something that may seem odd to others as he was perfectly content letting her fight orcs and trolls on her own.

At a suitable site, Ingvar places his sister's body on the ground. He starts assembling rocks, making a low wall surrounding her closely on all sides. He then takes her sword and bends it until it either breaks or is otherwise ruined. He ruins the blade of her axe on rocks and puts both weapons on her sides. He takes his pouch and removes half of the silver coins there, placing the pouch in her hand. He says something in Ivinian.
"There, now you can eat and drink on your journey to Sarajin's hall."
Larger stone slabs cover the grave. As the last plate above her head is placed and her face disappears from sight, those present will see that the Ivinian warrior has tears running down his cheeks - betrayed by otherwise dark dust and mud.

"Farewell, Solvi."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#305 Post by VonAlric »

Rodbert will be a bit sullen after climbing the rope. He will speak with Humphrey and Earnest if they think that any of the body parts of the Nolah may have use and value with an alchemist or other entity.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Rex »

Everyone rests for the night.

In the morning Everyone helps bury Solvi. Later everyone heads out for a hunt close by and to gather some fresh water.

Please roll 3d6 for the hunt.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#307 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus enjoys himself on the hunt.
The Hunt [3d6] = 7
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#308 Post by VonAlric »

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#309 Post by alver »

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Rex »

Those who don't have a spear for hunting fashion themselves a Pill (fire hardened wooden spear). The hunt is on, working together Sheamus finds sign of some wild pigs and Ingvar manages to drive some within range of Sheamus' spear. Sheamus' aim is true and he kills a sow. The rest of the day is spent processing the sow and enjoying a hearty meal of the best bits. With some meat shaved thin and hung to dry evryone rests another night and the next morning everyone is up bright and early.

Anyone down HP recovers 2d3 from the 2 days rest and if still down post and Humfrey can cast some healing on the first day.

Humfrey has 3 first level spells and 1 second. Resist cold and light are both first level and no useful second level if he doesn't go.

Plan?

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#311 Post by alver »

Ingvar

"So what should we do? I think we have done what we came here to do," he pauses, moving his foot slightly so the head in the sack next to it rolls on its side. "I know already that you want to see where the underwater tunnel goes, Rodbert. What about you, Sheamus?"

GreyWolfVT

#312 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus shrugs "I'd rather stay above ground but I'm along for the ride so if we're bound to explore underground a bit so be it." he says admittedly in a calm honest tone.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#313 Post by VonAlric »

"Then, let's be quick about it. We should try to only take a few hours in our exploration. I feel it would be best for us to try and make it back to Loban this night if possible. I think we shall find some sort of construction when we search, that shaft and grate indicates something was built here in time past. It should have a way out as well, something about the path on the northeast side of this place wasn't quite right and I think it is due to whatever else is under here."

"Best if we strip down again so we are not weighted down by wet clothing. Humphrey can help us all resist the cold and I'll light my javelin and Ingvar's spear. As we head that way, I do want to poke around in the pile of stuff under the opening. Only thing to consider is if the group is going to stay by the hole or head to the far side in anticipation of our finding the opening out."

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#314 Post by alver »

Ingvar rises and throws a bone stripped of meat into the bushes.

"Let's get on our way then. We leave half of us waiting with a rope at the big hole. This is the only way back that we know for sure."

GreyWolfVT

#315 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus merely nods his head in agreement and proceeds to follow the others once they head out.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Rex »

Humfrey casts Resist Cold on Ingvar, Sheamus and Rodbert. He also casts Bless on everyone. "Go and remember you have about an hour before the resist cold wears off."

Humfrey, Cedric and Ernest remain behind with the rope dangling into the pit.

Rodbert casts Light on his spear.

The 3 of you drop into the water and swim for the tunnel, once there you catch your breath and dive. The swim lasts less than a minute and covers roughly 40 to 50 feet before you surface in another pool. The pool is roughly 50 feet wide and 100 feet long.

There is a ledge, about 3 feet higher than the water along the eastern wall, on it is a very rusted rail road track, the wooden supports are coated in some black flaky substance.

You have heard that the dwarves make and use such things. The tracks are 2'6" wide.

There is no evidence that anyone has been here in a very long time.

Actions?
Attachments
Underground map.PNG
Underground map.PNG (457.71 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#317 Post by VonAlric »

Gasping for breath, Rodbert quickly surveys the area. "Hah, I knew there was something. Wait, what is that?" Taking a better look, he then turns to his companions. "Didn't dwarves make something like that? This is an some old place of theirs? Have either of you ever heard of dwarves ever living in this area?"

Seeing the track go left and right, he asks "So, which way do we want to go? This has to be close to the side of the hill where the pathway is. Maybe to the left?"

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#318 Post by alver »

Ingvar

"I do not know anything about the dwarves. I have heard there are such dwarves called the Khuzdul who live in our old land of Ivinia since the old times. But I am from Orbaal."

The Ivinian sticks close to Rodbert who has the only light source. "Lead the way," he nods.

GreyWolfVT

#319 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus give a shoulder shrug and says nothing having very little insight to add.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by Rex »

Rodbert leads the way to the left (north). The tunnel is a natural formation, although it has been obviously worked. It is very level and curves slightly. It slowly increase to about 10 feet wide and 8 feet high, before terminating at a masonry wall after about 50 feet. In the center of the wall is a stout double door, the tracks lead under the door. After some examination the doors appear to be reinforced oak covered in dried tar. There is a keyhole on the right door.

Return to “HarnWorld Campaign (BlueHolme)”