Chapter 1: So it begins.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 1: So it begins.

#361 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus will attempt to lift the bed so someone else can look under it. "Ok If I lift the bed can someone look then?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by Rex »

Looking the skeleton over he is holding the hilt in his right hand (you couldn't see it from the doorway) and the light is coming from a silver coin set in a mostly deteriorated leather headband. It appears as the body and band decomposed the weight of the coin caused it to slide into his right eye socket. The coin emits a pinkish light, equivalent to a torch. The skeleton is also wearing a gold ring on his left ring finger. There is nothing under the bed as far as you can tell except pieces of the rotted bed that has collapsed.
Attachments
Hilt.PNG
Hilt.PNG (146.97 KiB) Viewed 834 times

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#363 Post by alver »

Ingvar lifts the hilt from among the bones and mutters in a low voice, "We already have the blade, little man. It is no use to you anymore."

He hands the hilt to Sheamus and leaves the room.

Ingvar is ready to go back to Humfrey and others. As soon as books etc are collected.

GreyWolfVT

#364 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus smiles and nods his head and leaves the room. "Luck was with us. Now to make that sword whole is a task unto itself. I'm ready to go back to the others lets get out of this place."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Rex »

Everyone starts back after gathering up the items they think are valuable. The trip goes as planned, Rodbert's light going out as they climb up the rope to the Nolah cave.

Are you sure you were going to bring the Elven book? It didn't look like it would survive the water.

Actions?

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#366 Post by alver »

Ingvar would not knowingly ruin the elven book. Rodbert has the final say on everything related to books and magic items though. Because the party is in a hurry to get back my *guess* would be that the book stays behind.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#367 Post by VonAlric »

Rodbert toys with the idea of taking the book but knows that he would need something else to protect it. It's not going anywhere just yet and we can come back and try to excavate for it. The elven book would stay for now, metal book can come with.

"It pains me to admit this but it looks like I was wrong, there wasn't a way out for that Nolah. I was sure that..." His eyes unfocus for a moment in contemplation. "Wait... When it attacked us, it seemed to come forth from the wall. What if it could somehow move through the rock and dirt without disturbing it? Then it wouldn't need a door or pathway! Ilvir's teeth! Now that occurs to me! How could I have missed that!?" He grumbles under his breath after the outburst.

Earnest steps up. "Men, I think he's just going to be rather surly for a while. Shall we gather up the meat and our things and head back? Maybe?" He looks towards Humphrey, Sheamus, and Ingvar pleadingly to see who will back him up.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#368 Post by alver »

Ingvar

"Yes.. let us head back. If we can still find our horses."

The Ivinian gets his clothes on quickly and gathers his things. He carries the sack with the troll's head.

GreyWolfVT

#369 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus nods agreeing again "Sounds like a good plan, and maybe they can fix this sword back in town."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Rex »

Everyone packs up and heads for the manor of Loban. You arrive close to nightfall and head for the manor itself, once there you call for the guard. Once they realize who you are they open the gate and let you in where you are brought before Sir Kathel.

Sir Kathel "You were gone longer than I had expected, I had begun to think you had fallen victim as well."

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#371 Post by alver »

Ingvar is not going to make a quiet, unnoticed return :)

As they cross the river on horses, he dismounts and heads for the Valdaen's inn.

"Gather the folk. We have caught the beast and brought its head!"

He puts the head on a stake, lights it up with a couple of torches and when some curious villagers arrive, makes a show of it, riding around the stake on his horse, shaking his spear and yelling, "We have done it! The beast who stalked your village is dead and I, Ingvar, have kept my word!"

Ok, we can head to the manor now :)

GreyWolfVT

#372 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus merely carries his bundle with the sword blade and the hilt "Sir Kethel do you have a smith that might repair this blade?" he asks ignoring the boasting...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Rex »

The village erupts in joy on word of the monsters defeat and the display of its head. Sir Kathel declares that there will be a celebratory feast once the crops are all in since it is now a race against the weather.

Talking to Sheamus. Sir Kathel summons Ulder of Lindel, the village metalsmith. "Ulder is a very good metalsmith mind you and can repair weapons if need be but he isn't a weaponsmith by trade".

Ulder
arrives, a big man with dark hair and eyes, the smell of smoke seems to hang about him. After examining the sword he declares "Dwarf work for sure, doubt you'll find a weaponsmith outside of the Dwarves who can fix this. Beautiful work and as keen as I have ever seen. Strange that this beast has such a thing, I wonder how it was broken."

GreyWolfVT

#374 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus "I don't know we found the remains in an old dwarven mine or underground smithy blade stuck in an anvil and the hilt was in the clutches of a long dead dwarf skeleton." the burly man informs the smith.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#375 Post by VonAlric »

Rodbert sullen mood continues after they reach the village. He almost chokes when Sheamus tells about the dwarven ruins they found but lets it drop for the moment. He suggests to the others, "Let us eat and rest. We may need to assist the villagers by protecting them against other foes while they harvest. Better if we get back to full strength."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#376 Post by alver »

Ingvar

"Eat, yes. Rest, that can come later. But most importantly, where is the drink? My throat is dry from all the walking over hills and stomping through the bushes. And I want to drink to the memory of my sister!"

Ingvar will seek out the best way to get drunk in the village, does not matter if it's Valdaen's Inn or Sir Kathel's barrels. He tries to drag Rodbert with him. "You fought like an Ivinian there. No fear! Now let's drink... who knows, maybe we can become brothers. I have no sister anymore and my real brother is an a$$hole!"

He gestures at Humfrey. "Though we know it was the power of his god that killed the beast, not the strength in our arms... well we have to take what is given to us, don't we," he concludes, staring at what is visible from Rodbert's face under the hood.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#377 Post by VonAlric »

"Pfftt. His god?" Rodbert shakes his head. "Nay, Larani may have credit for imposing her will to hold that creature. It allowed us, most likely, the only opportunity to slay that beast. So, I will drink to the memory of our fallen comrades. It is the least that they are due. So, lead on."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Rex »

You all end up at the inn, in a major drunk fest celebrating your victory and fallen friends.

GreyWolfVT

#379 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus asks about the dwarves "Where's the closest dwarf smith or settlement? How long ago was it that dwarves where in this area of the land?" moire showing his curiosity of the dwarven mine and smithy ruins below ground that the group found.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Rex »

Friar Charl seems to think for a few minutes and then replies. "I am not sure that I have ever heard of a Dwarven settlement in this area but anything is possible. As far as time goes if I recall correctly it must be over 1000 years, maybe closer to 1500. Long ago for sure, if that is Dwarf made I would say it needs to go to Azadmere. You can find some traders, merchants, masons, mercenaries and engineers scattered throughout Kaldor and Chybisa, but it would be quicker to just head for the mountain kingdom."

Return to “HarnWorld Campaign (BlueHolme)”