Burned Bush Wells

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Burned Bush Wells

#21 Post by Scott308 »

Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

Noticing the newcomer's gun and general demeanor, Samuel knows this guy could be dangerous- or at least thinks he is, which might be worse if he decides to try making a name for himself. Better keep an eye on this one.

Yup, that was us. We're just passing through, looking for work on t'other side the mountain. Fortunately, we came through at a good time for the Doc. He seems like a right nice fella, glad we were able to help him. My name's Stokes. And who might you be, sir?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

Nahum

Nahum sits silently sipping his whiskey. Watching and listening.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#23 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sawbones returns to the bar with his coffee and addresses the newcomer.

"That's right. We was the ones who helped out yer doc. Nice piece ya got there. So, you the sheriff around here er something? Looking fer any help?"

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#24 Post by Black Wyvern »

The small wiry man flips his double eagle high it spins so fast you can hear it whir. He catches the gold coin without a look, he shakes his head and says, "Lawman? No not me! I am Larry, Larry Wolfe. Just an interested citizen of these parts. Heard a group of well heeled riders came into town last night and figured I would see what it was about. But anyone can see you aren't here to start trouble. Gonna be a long winter..." The man stops in mid-sentence as if something suddenly occurred to him. He points around at your group, shaking his finger. "Wolf hunting! You gents should try your hand at wolf hunting. Mr. Singer is offering a good price per pelt. Man can make a good living. Not have to worry about keeping a roof over his head. If there is a need for you gents that is." He smiles at you as if he has solved all the world's problems, drops his double eagle back into his pants pocket, pulls on his glove and nods. "Well I should get going. Good day to you gents." He says and starts heading out the door.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Zhym »

The Wichita Kid waits until the stranger has left the tavern and is well out of earshot.

"He don't seem entirely friendly, do he?" he whsipers. "Won't surpise me if we end up having to shoot that man before we're done here."

Scott308

#26 Post by Scott308 »

Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

Sipping his beer as he watches Mr. Wolfe leave, Stokes replies to The Kid, I believe you are correct, Ted. I expect at some point we'll be slingin' lead against each other. Looks like it was too much to hope that this was gonna be a quiet town.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Nahum
"Agreed, best to watch our backs well we are here."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sawbones walks up to the bar where the man was standing and picks up his drink.

"Hey! He didn't even drink his beer!"

Never one to waste, he slams the drink back before continuing.

"Huntin wolves, huh? You suppose that was just his way of trying to get us outta here? Maybe see what we pack fer a punch? I tend to agree with you that he seemed more than just curious."

He turns back to the bartender. "Whatta ya say Tex? You know that guy at all er what?"

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#29 Post by Black Wyvern »

"Cal! Cal Worth. I'm from Texas but sure am glad ta have get out of thar." He says with a smile. "Like he said. Name is Larry Wolfe. Works for Lyle Underhay. Well half the town works for Underhay. He is firmly planted up the nappy littl' bastard's behind. He has been in a couple tangles. Dangerous enough feller. Quick to anger and quick on the draw. He's a rattler, sure 'nuff."

wapsii
Strider
Strider

#30 Post by wapsii »

"Seems like someone who be best avoided. Does this town have a sheriff? Rusty asks as he turns to the the bartender.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#31 Post by Black Wyvern »

"We got a town marshal. Sheriff's in Promise City and don't get over this way much. Marshal is Ben Silver. Wild Ben they call him. 'Bout as much trouble as that one." He motions to the beer Sawbones is drinking to indicate Larry Wolfe. "If you need the law you will be better off waitin'til thaw and gettin' the sheriff."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#32 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sawbones

"Well, lets just hope there aint no need to seek out the sheriff then, mister Worth." The fake doctor says as he finishes off the free beer.

"What else can ya tell us about this Lyle Underhay fella?"

He looks around at the others, wondering if going out to hunt more wolves actually appeals to any of them.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#33 Post by Black Wyvern »

"Cal!" He says then spits into the brass spittoon. "He is the big boss in town. Owns most of it. Not entirely on the up and up. If ya get my meanin'. Dave will fill yer ears full of it when he gets down. I don't really know much mor'n that fer sure." Cal adds.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#34 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sawbones looks around the room at the others, wondering if their tongues have frozen off from the cold.

"So, it seems like wolf pelts might be the only thing worth looking out fer round here then, eh Cal?"

"Say, where do you suppose those gamblers you spoke of might be settling in? I might just wanna try my luck."

"And who is this Dave feller you mentioned?"

Scott308

#35 Post by Scott308 »

Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

Does Dave own this establishment, or is one of Underhay's places. Sounds like I might prefer to spend my money somewhere it'll go to someone else if possible. Though I do like this place so far, Cal.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rex »

Nahum

"I could be up for hunting some wolves. Growing up on a sheep farm I have killed a few."

wapsii
Strider
Strider

#37 Post by wapsii »

"We already have a start on the pelts, if we can retrieve it from yesterday. Might as well continue that instead of going stir crazy in town." Rusty adds.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by Black Wyvern »

Cal bites his lip and shrugs at Sawbone's question. "They are around town fer sure. Takes tougher sorts to leave town this winter. They will be happy to see you thats fer sure. Not a lot of cowboys have any cash left this long after roundup."

He turns to Samual and nods. "Dave owns the place. He hates Lyle. You will get an ear full of all his dirty doings if you want to hear them. Dave takes the night shift so he wont be up fer quite a while late afternoon usually."
Last edited by Black Wyvern on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott308

#39 Post by Scott308 »

Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

Sounds like we made a good decision coming here instead of one of the other saloons. I'd be interested in hearing what Dave has to say about Underhay later on. Finishing his drink and slamming the empty glass down on the bar next to his empty bowl, he turns to his companions. Right now, I think we best see if we can get anything from those pelts. Maybe get a few dollars for 'em, kill a couple more wolves if we're lucky. Tipping his hat to the bartender before buttoning his coat and heading outside, he says We'll see you later, Cal. C'mon, boys.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rex »

Nahum

Nahum finishes his drink and gathers himself to head out into the cold. "Agreed, we best get going with as much light left as we can get, may be a long day."

Return to “Go Heeled [Boot Hill 2nd Edition]”