Action Thread 5

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 5

#81 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:The Ranger watches Varkos approach the concealed compartment, then looks back from where his companion came from. One eyebrow raises slightly. Does anyone else find it odd that only one of these coccoons has no goo beneath it, the same that hangs higher than the rest?
Zafalia's eyebrows perk up when she hears Son of Thunder's offhand query. She will signal Malak to accompany her and make her way back over to the pod in question to see if it could possibly be connected in some way to the hidden door.

She will try to pull down on it first and then will attempt to push on it in different directions. If nothing happens with that, and she's tall enough to do so, the druidess will attempt to climb up inside of the pod, asking for Malak's assistance if needed!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by Distorted Humor »

"Burn it with fire I said, but NOOOOO, gotta be sneaky. I am sneaky, its what i do, i go from spot to spot and not to be seen, as i can't hit the broadside of a barn that was charging at me."

realizing that he said this aloud, he looks at the next person

"Let me guess, cut it down, open it up, and see what inside of it right? "

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:25p

As Zafalia pulls down on the pod, the small compartment door lifts up into the wall revealing, well, a compartment. :)

The more she pulls the higher it goes, though it's quickly opened. When she lets up it goes back down, so she and Malak keep it open for others to peek in.

Inside, safely stored on a bottle rack is three potions. One green, one blue, and one clear.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 40 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 42 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 42 minutes (Odo), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by saalaria »

nice one t and arg!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar bends down to their level and studies the potions intently.

OOC: We received one or two potions of healing from the village people, correct? What color is that potion (or are those potions)?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Ilhalevar bends down to their level and studies the potions intently.

OOC: We received one or two potions of healing from the village people, correct? What color is that potion (or are those potions)?
Heh, looking back on my notes no one actually took that potion IIRC. But we'll fix that for sure. It was one potion I believe, and it's blue.
I'll assume the cleric has it, unless y'all think differently.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, oops! :)

Ilhalevar picks up the blue potion and holds it up to the torch light, squinting an eye. "Logically, this would be a healing potion." She glances at the green and clear potions. "I've no idea what those two are, though."

She passes the blue potion to Wulfgard to keep safe with the other potion the villagers gave the group.

hehe...

She picks up the green potion and swirls it around as she holds it up to the torch light, apparently studying it intently.

She pulls the stopper and takes a quick sniff to see if it has any smell. Then extends her hand out to Malak, with a raised eyebrow, to see if he wants to give it a taste. Seeing him shrink back, she glances at the rest of the group before saying, "well, I guess I can give it a quick taste..."

She takes a minute sip of the green potion.

Ilhalevar is one of the more dispensable members of the party, I think... Besides, who hides a bottle of poison with a healing potion, right?

EDIT: Oops. It's a green potion, not a red one. Updated the post to change that.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:30 p

With a flourish the elven mage studies the potions. Hands the blue one to the cleric, and after smelling the potion, takes a little sip.

After a quick sour pucker, the elf stands there... nothing seems to happen.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 35 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 37 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 37 minutes (Odo), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar frowns then shrugs.

"Maybe some kind of potion that requires a certain situation..."

She glances at the clear potion uncertainly...

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by Nuke66 »

"Or, perhaps certain activity. Try to run and jump a bit." Al'Zur adds. Pleased of the group successful problem solving he continues "That was impressive, well done people."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#91 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar raises an eyebrow.

"I'm not daft... I'd have felt it if it were something like that - a bit of something in my legs or what have you. But that wasn't it. Just a slightly bitter taste. Powerful, but bitter."

"Powerful..."

She picks up a fist-sized rock and throws it across the room as hard as she can...

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger will keep eyes on the opposite exit while those more attuned to such things examine the potions

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia gives an acknowledging wink and nod to Son of Thunder and returns to stand station at the other passage leading out of the chamber while the others examine the newly discovered items.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by saalaria »

Big V goes to guard the exit onwards with whoever is there.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:33 p

Folks move to various exits of the pod room to ensure that they aren't snuck up upon.

Alethan wrote:Ilhalevar picks up a fist-sized rock and throws it across the room as hard as she can...
Nothing other than a normal throw for her seems to happen.

Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 33 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 35 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 35 minutes (Odo), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by rredmond »

Want to put the map here to give you a sense of how I figure where people are.
Blue arrow is where you came in, red arrows are the two passages out.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (54.84 KiB) Viewed 1558 times

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by tkrexx »

OOC: Thanks, for some reason I was thinking there was only one other passage out. Looks good to me.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#98 Post by Distorted Humor »

"Shall we mess with the pod, or keep walking?"

"as for jumping after drinking a potion, i heard this story one time, guy drink a jumping potion, but it was not diluted property, he flew up, but didn't have feather falling. Lets just say he was a mess coming down." Odo says with the certainty of someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by Alethan »

If nobody else appears to want to touch them, Ilhalevar grabs the clear potion and tucks it away, along with the green one.

"guess we can try to figure them out later..."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by tkrexx »

After much consideration, Son of Thunder decides. 3 potions. Odds are that one is harmful. Yet at least one will likely benefit us greatly. Glancing over at Varkos, he continues. We can't both be lost. Between the two of us, Brother, you have been more effective against the scarecrows than I. Thus I accept the burden of risk. Ilhalevar, open a flask for me.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”